Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Matt Breen

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Matt Breen

  1. I think everybody hates things that they don't like. Remember what Yoda said: "Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."
  2. I will add that I think Yelich is a great addition. It took a lot. Harrison stung for me the most. I knew Brinson would have to be part of the deal, so I was resigned to that. But I really liked Harrison's upside. I don't think anyone in the system had his combination of power/speed and ceiling. Brinson had those things too - but again, I was sort of resigned to losing him. It just stung a bit that we gave away the two guys in the system with really crazy high upsides (but I will admit - with big risks). In the end, the deal is done and I'm a Yelich fan. Time to play ball.
  3. Word is that the Brewers are still trying to sign Lorenzo Cain. if so, that probably means Santana is on the move.
  4. I can only give you a thumbs up for the inside info. Appreciate it. Thanks.
  5. I think you've answered the question for yourself. You've given a bunch of reasons NOT to take the new job. You seem to have a good situation - and the new one isn't your dream gig. Embrace what you have - at least for now. Ultimately, I would say, what do you want to do in the future? Don't go down a path on a job just because it is there. Find what you want to do - and plot out that path. Maybe it doesn't work out. Maybe you make some mistakes. Maybe it's a fool's errand. So be it - at least you tried to do what you wanted. The last thing I will say is if the new job truly is better for you - don't be afraid. I know this contradicts much of what I just said. But too many times in life we find reasons NOT to do something. There are so many adventures ahead - we just have to embrace them. But don't take the gig just for a few more dollars - unless that really means a ton to you. You said you don't really see yourself in either place long term - so I'd say stick with where you are at - and instead plot out the future you really want. My 2 cents.
  6. I saw Bloodsport on its original theatrical run - must have been nearly 30 years ago. I feel old...
  7. Lily Tomlin is 77 today. http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2013/08/21/c7b65cd1-0493-4f71-968d-29773b90bac8/resize/350x509/9cc1c565800669528b00a35d36a2d2ce/130821Tomlin1.jpg
  8. Alan Young, who starred as Wilbur Post in the talking horse sitcom "Mr. Ed" died on May 19 at age 96. http://www.trbimg.com/img-573fab87/turbine/la-1463790591-snap-photo/700/700x394
×
×
  • Create New...