Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Trail

Verified Member
  • Posts

    101
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Trail

  1. I keep wondering whether they are going to try to shoehorn Stallings onto the roster, and at who’s expense. Given his performance this year, you almost have to find a way?
  2. I was thinking the same about Wagoner. Not even a mention? .94 whip in AAA. And where's Knoth?
  3. I'm fine with Gasser in 3 and bullpen in 4. Probably Harrison for 3 innings. He looked very good on Saturday...for those 2 innings at least he looked dominant. If he's anywhere close to his old self that's a game changer.
  4. I don't know how it looked on TV, but from the stands Harrison looked great...better than May, I thought. Do you trust him for the playoff? Your thoughts...
  5. Add Naylor. It gives you the flexibility to play Contreras and Sanchez together should you choose. I wonder whether Stallings might be a better choice than Senzatela. Both righties.
  6. Has anything at all been said about Woodruff's progress throwing? He originally said 5 weeks or so. We're at around 4, so I'm curious. Long shot, I realize, but worth at least asking about....
  7. Ya….I keep doing that….edited…thanks.
  8. It’s fun to speculate on these things. Unfortunately for Matt A, he'll have to actually make some decisions. I guess what makes this more interesting, is the Joey O factor. That wasn't a thing when I originally posted this. What if we're seeing the "real" Joey O? I'm not completely sold on it yet, but I'm getting closer. So, if you've got a young 3rd baseman who hits .270+ with 12-ish HR, who's a wizard with the glove, does that make the haul you'd get for Made more attractive? Two things to keep in mind: 1) Turang is gone after 2028. That ship has sailed. So, someone (Made, Pena, O'Rae, Williams) will need to fill that spot. 2) I believe Pratt's contract does not have a no-trade clause. Trading him is unlikely, but possible. His contract might make him VERY attractive. I'm not in any way questioning Made's future. I guess the point is, given the organizational depth the Brewers have, is the return on him worth more than what he'd bring to the team? To put is in a weird way, is trading a "possibly great" player the right call when you have "possibly very good" players behind him?....and you get the benefit of the return? With Turang probably gone in 2029, maybe it's all moot? You'd also have to decide whether to extend Joey O...and THAT is a tough one. Good luck, Matt A! That's why you get the big bucks! This team should be competing for the foreseeable future. Pitching depth is really the major question, as it always is. Not just contract-wise, but as we've seen, arms can go at a moment's notice. It would take a lot of "testicular tenacity" to make a move like this, but if the return was right?
  9. I haven’t read all 200+ comments on this thread, so I’m guessing this might have been discussed. Seems all the writers (BF included) are burying the lead here. The most important thing that happened in this game was that May looked good. Huge step forward. The 20 runs, and even clinching the playoffs, are a side bar as far as I’m concerned.
  10. This isn't something I've just recently noticed. To me anyway, its been there for a while. Again...I could be all wet and its just a different locker room this year rather than a less-happy one. Something just seems not-right. Hope I'm way off here....
  11. Ya...I don't really know the rules regarding service time. If he were to come up as an injury replacement, does it count?
  12. I noticed he was not in the lineup last night and wondered whether he was about to be called up.... Well, maybe its time to give Jesus M a cup of coffee...making it clear to EVERYONE that its just that....a cup of coffee. ?? Not sure whether that bit of exposure would be good or bad.
  13. I'm thinking its time to cut ties with Black. I'd guess they tried to move him before the deadline. He has no real path to the big club and no real defensive home. That would make room for Adams. Probably best thing for Tyler also.
  14. I could be completely wrong on this, but watching the dugout on TV, this year's clubhouse doesn't seem as tight/ together/ happy or whatever adjective you'd like to use. Anyone else seeing this? Or is this just a team that, while young, has been around the block a bit and knows the job in front of them; doesn't clown around as much as previous years? It came to mind again last night when there seemed to be some conflict going on between Drohan and Contreras...looked to me like Sanchez came over and settled things down.
  15. Truly, the elephant in the room is what to do with Yelich. He's making better contact lately, but the weak grounders to the right side are still happening way too often. I think that the race for the central getting closer might force some hard decisions.
  16. Lets not forget that Stallings performed well during his stay. Ya...let Sproat work it out in Nashville for the rest of '26. The pitching lab will have all winter to help him figure things out.
  17. Maybe, but as the article says… There just isn’t room. He was going to get traded at some point and maybe this was the right time. If he moves to AAA next year and his batting average goes down 25 points his market value won’t be any higher. Remember that Josh A will be a left field only (2028). That pushes Chourio to center or right.We don’t know what their plans are regarding Mitchell. Remember also that Fralic is truly a centerfielder. This is all in addition to the long-term commitment they have made to Lara. Nice to have these problems!
  18. This whole discussion points to the fact that we are just a little bit spoiled. Myself included. Thank you to Marc A and the staff he has put together for spoiling us!
  19. I guess my point is that the 3rd starter we need for the playoffs was here all along. That assumes health...but we were ready to give a pretty healthy package for a guy who just had elbow surgery. Glad we got May...he makes us that much deeper. If Harrison comes back strong, We're in pretty good shape. (lots of "ifs", I realize) Bullpen will be deep too. I'm glad things ended up as they did. Ragsdale will be in the bigs by the end of next season (JMHO...I'm a fan). But that's the price of playing poker. They overpayed a bit to fill a need for a team capable of winning the NL. You can't call it "going all in", but maybe now we can all stop whining about not using prospect capitol to help our chances in the playoffs.
  20. Many on this board were ready in include Henderson in a deal for Skubal. Thanks, Matt, for not doing that...assuming here he was not part of the package you offered :) Take a look at this year's numbers: Skubal: 96.2 IP/ 16 starts. 2.79 ERA 116 SO/ 14 BB so...6 innings per start with 8.2 SO to BB ratio. 1.82 BB/ 9innings 10.85 SO/ 9 innings Henderson: 44.0 IP/ 9 starts 2.66 ERA 54 SO/ 9 BB so...5 innings pitched per start with 6.0 SO to BB ratio. 1.84 BB/ 9innings 11.05 SO/ 9 innings someone check my math.... ! Health aside (not a sure thing for either pitcher), the difference isn't as great as I thought. Henderson's shorter starts are to at least some extent due to workload management and stretching out after injury. He's given up 3 ER in his last 15 innings. I think we have our #3 starter already on the club, and we have him under team control. I think when the season is done, Henderson's results may put up there with Miz and Harrison. May will come in a strong 4th. This isn't to say Skubal isn't better...he is. And, he'll eat up more innings (assuming the elbow stays healthy!). But is the difference enough to justify the cost and the risk? I don't think so. Now...Logan...don't lay an egg tonight and make me look bad!!
  21. Ultimately we kept them both...and I'm good with that.
  22. I was thinking the reverse. Frias has loads of potential, but Ragsdale is hammering in AA. But...its possible the Brewers are selling high. We'll see.
  23. I'm fine with the cost. We have a lot of outfield talent both on the big club and in the minors. Frias hurts, but nothing is certain with him. Ragsdale was going to have a tough time making it to Milwaukee. Two guys like this were not going to come cheap. Even as rentals.
  24. The Brewers were never going to get Freddy. The optics would’ve been completely unacceptable for the Mets.
×
×
  • Create New...