Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

NeedMoreFans

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by NeedMoreFans

  1. We've gone with artificial since my wife and I have been together. Our current tree is a hand-me-down from my parents that was a pre-lit tree and some of the lights stopped working. My dad painstakingly took out all the lights and gave it to us, and I just put my own lights on it. My parents stopped getting real trees because they had one fall down twice within a couple of days. Even though I have fond memories of getting trees, we stuck with artificial because the cost of a real tree seems excessive (though pre-lit artificial trees are as well). The worst part of the artificial tree is that somehow, it can collect dust in the offseason even though it's kept in a bag. A few years ago, I got tiny little cuts on my hands when I was fluffing it, which created a severe allergic reaction from the dust. It took a few weeks (yes, weeks) and many medicines to get it cleared up, so now I wear gloves when fluffing it.
  2. Yamamoto did to Toronto what he did to us. Unbelievable.
  3. I was texting my cousin after the game (he couldn't watch or listen until the 9th) and said the 9th was, strangely, the inning that was the least stressful in the game. Credit to Uribe.
  4. The walk up to the Clingmans Dome observation deck is a somewhat gradual incline that's fairly short and paved. It's still probably a half mile up and down, but it's probably the most accessible walk in the park. The Laurel Falls trail wasn't bad, either. You can see a lot of old houses/buildings on the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, which starts/ends in Gatlinburg. It's not a bad hike to Rainbow Falls or Grotto Falls, either. Drive around Cades Cove, or you can rent a bike and go on a day where the loop is closed to motor traffic and bike around the area. The Newfound Gap Road is breathtaking. Edit: the name for Clingmans Dome has changed to Kuwohi, which is the native name for the mountain.
  5. Looks like an arena has to be built within 5 years (so 4 now) and it's guaranteed they'll be considered, but it's not a slam dunk they'd get a team. The NHL seems hell bent on expanding to non-traditional hockey markets; ie the American South/SW. Milwaukee, Hamilton, Quebec City, Halifax, maybe even St. John's could all probably support a team- at least have great attendance at games- but they probably won't draw many new viewers to the sport. Another Texas team would tap into a much bigger market that doesn't already watch hockey.
  6. Hasn't the NHL learned from the past two Atlanta experiments? Also, Indy is within 250 miles of five NHL teams: Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, and St. Louis. I'm not saying that Indy should get one over Milwaukee, but if Milwaukee is too close to Chicago, Indy isn't that much further from Chicago than Milwaukee is.
  7. There are multiple households in our neighborhood that let their pet cats roam around outside. One cat in particular is very friendly, but it also gets to places it probably shouldn't. This past week, it went in our garage while I was outside, it has been under our car that's in the driveway, and tonight it was in our fenced-in backyard and decided to walk around on the deck. My dog loved this, of course. I fear that something bad will happen to them, and I really hope they aren't impacting the bird population in the neighborhood. My dog can't just roam the neighborhood freely, so cats shouldn't either. I would talk to the owners, but I don't exactly know which houses the cats belong to.
  8. Me in my dream, walking past the classroom the class is in..."It's ok, I dropped that class, right?" It's so odd that so many people have this exact dream. Hawing, I too have seen a student get an F in Clap for Credit. It was actually quite a red flag because if you're not passing that class, how are you doing in your other classes? Students love that it's repeatable for credit as well, so many take it 3 times.
  9. I drove from Madison to Kenosha and back this weekend. Today on the way home, I decided to start counting personal injury lawyer billboards. I thought of the idea around the Mitchell interchange, so that's where I started my count. Between there and AFF, I counted 12 billboards (including digital billboards, one of which went from one lawyer ad to another). I missed some billboards due to needing to pay attention to traffic. There is a noticeable drop-off of all billboards past the zoo interchange, and hardly any exist in Waukesha County (to the point where I wonder if there is a county ordinance against them). There were just a handful of lawyer billboards in Jefferson and Dane Counties. But 12 in that short stretch of highway in Milwaukee seemed excessive.
  10. I'm a bit scarred from the last trip I made through Charlotte. We went to the Dominican Republic and connected through CLT both ways. While booking flights, they had a 45 minute layover coming home as an option; and of course it was the cheapest. I opted for a layover that was about an hour and 45 minutes because of needing to go through customs. By the time we got off the plane, through customs, rechecked our bags, got through security, got a quick bite to eat, a stop at the bathroom, we were the last ones to board our plane to Madison.
  11. On the topic of airports and airlines- why do airlines think 35 minutes is acceptable for a layover (looking at you AA and CLT)? There have been times where I've been able to make that connection, but more often than not, that would cut it too close for comfort, if not missing it altogether.
  12. Poor QB coaching across two different coaching regimes.
  13. I'm not a big Bryson DeChambeau fan, but when I saw the logo on his hat and shirt, I thought, "hey, that's kinda cool, I wonder what it is." When I saw it was his LIV team, all interest in owning a hat with that logo vanished. Despite LIV, there are still quite a few golfers that are really easy to root for, Rory being one of them. It was great to see him rebound after a few disastrous shots on the back 9 yesterday.
  14. I look at what's happened to Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova, and a handful of other very successful teams in recent decades, then look at Wisconsin. I'm happy Wisconsin is still relevant and making the tourney most years. They were good enough to win Saturday, just a few bounces didn't go our way. I'm very pleased with what Gard has done with transfers in his tenure.
  15. I probably shouldn't confess this on a site that uses ad revenue for some support, but... I opened Chrome this morning to a message saying uBlock Origin has been disabled because it is no longer compatible with Chrome.
  16. They have two very new fitness/wellness facilities on campus that easily replaced what the Shell offered for the general student body. The newest facility, the Bakke, has a skating rink, and I think both the Bakke and the Nick have pools. I've been in the Bakke a few times and it's an amazing facility. The indoor track team is presently practicing in a warehouse in Arlington, not even in Dane County, and the use of the warehouse violates local zoning ordinances. I read an article about the facility and the athletes said it's quite nice for what it is, but it's incredibly inconvenient and it's not a long-term solution. Last I heard was there is still no plans to have on-campus indoor track facilities.
  17. At some point, Buffalo should have called something different on those Allen sneaks. They didn't work at all and it came back to bite them big time (even though it was a bogus call to say he was short).
  18. His lawyer is spewing stuff out on Twitter (which he probably should not be doing considering this is likely heading to court) about the "contract" actually being an MOU that is not enforceable, and UW had no right to block him from entering the portal. I'm guessing that the Big 10 vetted the language in the agreements carefully to make sure they could be enforced, but ultimately it's likely going to be decided in the courts. Assuming it ends up in court, the discovery phase is going to get interesting. I wish UW wasn't the test case for this, but if the outcome is a corralling of the wild west of NIL and transferring, it will be worth it.
  19. Canoe Paddler was my favorite beer of theirs, and probably my favorite Kolsch brewed in the US. I am not happy they got rid of it.
  20. Listening to Uecker on the radio was one of the last connections from my childhood to adulthood. My dad, who passed away unexpectedly in May, would turn on Brewer games for me before going to bed, and I fell asleep countless summer nights listening to Uecker, then waking up an hour after the post-game show ended to the sound of some radio psychologist or something. My dad and I would often update each other when someone hit a home run, and would be disappointed when it wasn't Uecker because we wouldn't hear his call on the post-game highlights. I remember one year, we turned on the first spring training game that was broadcast on the radio, and my dad said something along the lines of "it's great to hear his voice again." So today I spent a lot of time thinking about my dad and I and how baseball was a special bond between us, and Uecker was a key part of creating and sustaining that bond.
  21. I have been at my current job for close to two and a half years. Today was the first day all lanes of traffic were open during my commute, and apparently the first time in 20 years there is no construction on University Ave in Madison.
  22. Ah! Missed that when I read that earlier today. It will still be remarkable if LA loses and the NL's #1 and 2 seeds don't advance again.
  23. It's a small sample, but no team that has had a bye in the current playoff format has won a series.
  24. OMG, yes! My dad introduced this to me, and it's one of the stupidest, funniest comedies out there.
×
×
  • Create New...