Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

NeedMoreFans

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by NeedMoreFans

  1. I'm not getting personalized plates. I am thinking of getting the Ice Age Trail or UW plates, but looking into it further, you can only apply online if the vehicle doesn't already have license plates, even for personalized plates. Just dumb and inefficient.
  2. The license plate on my car is 12 years old and is flaking to the point where I need a new one. My registration is up for renewal this month, so I contacted the DMV requesting a new one be sent to me with my registration. The gist of the response was that they are automatically replacing license plates, but could not tell me when I will get a new one, and if I wanted one now I would have to pay for it. Given the fact that my wife's license plates are 14 years old and have yet to be replaced, I doubt mine will be automatically replaced this year. Very related- we do a lot of road trips, both in and out of Wisconsin. Wisconsin's license plates seem to be the only ones that peel/flake the way they do. Perhaps I haven't spent enough time in other states to get a good sample, but I see peeling license plates daily in Wisconsin and I felt like I would have seen them in other states if they were an issue there. I may have seen a Virginia place somewhat peeling, but nothing like they do here. That's very annoying. Since I need new plates, I decided to look at getting a specialized license plate. They do not take applications for specialized plates online; I have to print out a form, fill it out, and mail it via snail mail. I do not understand why they do not have an online option for this in 2024. It's so inefficient for everyone to use a paper form.
  3. Or from the drones.
  4. Several damaging tornadoes today throughout southern Wisconsin, and it looks like the warnings are continuing. Quite the crazy night.
  5. I probably posted this last June, but it hasn't changed, hence it's bugging me. I'm a bus commuter. Wednesday is Juneteenth Day, which is now a federal and City of Madison holiday, but it is not a state holiday. Since it's a city holiday, the bus system is running a holiday schedule, which results in much less service. The two bus routes I can take to work will not take me to campus; I will have to stop and change buses, and buses don't run as frequently. I don't understand why they are reducing service on a holiday where a vast majority of people still go to work. Perhaps it's because they don't want to pay holiday pay for the drivers, or more positively, perhaps they want their employees to celebrate and reflect on the holiday. I know it's only one day and I'll survive, but it will cause far greater issues for some people than it will for me.
  6. Keep in mind that I believe FCC regulations say that anytime there is a tornado warning in an area, the local networks have to interrupt programming to inform the public. We were glued to the TV Tuesday night until our power went out because we were under three different tornado warnings, and I was glad they did because the coverage let me know that there was a nasty storm approaching Madison and I got a few things ready in case the power went out (which it did).
  7. This is of great interest to me since most of my retirement is handled by WRS, but the state investment board has added bitcoin to the pension fund: https://www.wpr.org/news/wisconsin-pension-fund-bitcoin
  8. I looked up the record for any D1 game and it was 40-0 by Ohio U in 2020. I haven't found the record for a tournament game.
  9. Most teachers and government workers that work in states that offer a pension have absolutely no say in how their pensions are invested. I have two choices; keep 100% my funds in the core fund or put 50% in the variable fund. And I'm required to contribute to the pension, I cannot opt out. Maybe there are some states where individual or state-wide unions have more say, but I highly doubt the average teacher or government worker has any influence in how their money is invested. So we're not "making our bed" if WRS is going heavy in investment properties because I have no choice in the matter.
  10. One thing that needs to be done is for the FHA to change its rule on condo financing. At present, a developer has to have 80% of the units sold, and one entity cannot own more than 10% of the units in a 20+ unit complex in order to get the loan to build the condo. This is, of course, a reaction to the Great Recession, but it has nearly stopped any multi-family owner-occupied construction from happening in many parts of the country. If more owner-occupied multi-family housing can be built (a combination of condos, townhouses, and duplexes/triplexes, etc...) it may ease rent increases a bit. But again, it's not happening overnight. Cities are starting to redo their zoning codes to encourage different uses of land, but look up the westside Madison meeting from the other night to see how that's going right now.
  11. While we're on the topic of snowplowing, this could very easily be a "bugging you" post, but it fits here better. Let's discuss Madison. I do not live in Madison, I live in Middleton. My street has 10 houses on it, and it's in better shape than Gammon Rd, Mineral Point, and most of University Ave. I keep hearing, "salt doesn't work when it's cold!" but then I look at what other communities do, and clearly they are doing something right that Madison just can't figure out. Driving down Gammon from Middleton to Madison you can see a clear line where Middleton stops clearing the street and Madison begins. Madison has cut down on salt usage due to the lakes, but they also haven't added plows to keep up with new miles of roads built over the past 20+ years. It took nearly twice as long to get home tonight due to the road conditions, and it snowed three days ago.
  12. They had Bo Ryan and Bruce Pearl as their back-to-back head coaches, so it's clear why they saw a lot of success under Bud Haidet. It's too bad Rob Jeter couldn't continue the success. I haven't followed UWM in a long time but still want them to see success. It has been hard to see how far they've fallen.
  13. I subscribe to the Wisconsin State Journal online edition. In June, I paid $8/month. That jumped to $18/month in July, and now will jump to $27/month in January. I don't mind paying for news, but more than tripling the price in six months is ridiculous. I have to call to cancel, can't do it online, so I hope to negotiate a reduced subscription fee.
  14. Sorry this doesn't add to the discussion, but I thought the use of this word was spectacular. What does add to the discussion is that according to Eric Stokes, the message today was that explosive plays will get you beat. https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1736843776641872361
  15. Back during the big oil boom in North Dakota, when wages for retail jobs were skyrocketing, he flew people from the corporate offices in Eau Claire, put them up at a hotel for two weeks at a time, and had the work as cashiers and lumber yard attendants, all so he didn't have to raise wages in North Dakota.
  16. Both Dike and Bell hit the portal today. This coming off the heels of the WR coach being hired by Notre Dame, though I would be skeptical if that had anything to do with the transfers.
  17. There was one. The booth commented on how this was the second Sunday night game she's been to.
  18. Me too, and it's a nice watch that I have no desire to replace.
  19. Green bean casserole was an invention of the Campbell Soup Company to sell more cream of _______ soup (I'm assuming mushroom). I feel like at least half of the "traditional" holiday sides were invented by food companies to sell more product.
  20. Generally it's 2 kids meals, my wife and I each get a butterburger, and we get any combination of two fries, onion rings, or curds. I will occasionally splurge for one of their limited time burgers or a rueben.
  21. A new job and he doesn't have to sell his house!
  22. Here's my main issue with Culver's. It tastes great, better than most fast food, but I'm still hungry when I'm done eating. Also, it's usually $25-30 for our family of 4 to go to Culver's, and for that much, I can order good pizza or Chinese food and have leftovers for a few days.
  23. I've been comparing this season with 2018, the one season where I thought we had a legitimate World Series chance when the playoffs began, and came within a game of making it. I don't dig deep into advanced stats, but some basic ones stood out. Pitching: team ERA was 3.73, 4th in the league. This year it was 3.71, best in the league, but not a huge difference. We gave up 659 runs in 2018 compred to 647 this year. Again, no difference. Offense: team OPS in 2018 was .747 (4th), .705 (14th) this year. We scored 754 runs (7th) in 2018, 728 (8th) this year. We hit 218 HRs in 2018 (2nd) and 165 (12th) this year. We had more SB this year (129 to 124), but that was 7th in the league, and 124 was best in the league. The numbers were pretty striking to me-very similar pitching numbers, but pretty different offense numbers, especially considering the DH this season. I don't know where they go from here, but offense is pretty darn important to he successful in the playoffs.
  24. For my flex, one of: Michael Pittman Breese Hall Calvin Ridley I have Pittman in right now, but apparently, Hall is free of limitations going against the Broncos, and we all saw what Miami did against that defense.
×
×
  • Create New...