Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

NeedMoreFans

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by NeedMoreFans

  1. I bought a cheap laptop a few years ago without thinking that some games I play may not be compatible (it has an integrated graphics card...won't make that mistake again). I'm considering buying something that can actually handle games other than Civ4, but price is somewhat hindering that.
  2. While the money in ND sounds great, they have an issue with housing shortages. A high demand for workers coupled with high wages means any housing that is available is really expensive. There are a lot of stories about workers living in campers because there aren't enough houses to hold all of the workers. Something else to consider... My dad's company sells valves and regulators to large industry, and they recently opened an office somewhere in ND. He has been told by customers that it makes sense to drill when oil is above $65/barrel. Apparently, yesterday, oil closed at $68/barrel. If low oil prices continue for any length of time, they may slow production up there, reducing the demand for jobs.
  3. Every year around this time, I check area schools to see if they have any jobs posted that I may be interested in. This past week, the high school in the town I live in posted a job that is very similar to the current job I have, and I am going to apply for it. However, the school district requires applicants to submit three letters of recommendation. My three letters are all five years old, so I should probably get new ones. The problem is I don't necessarily want people in my school to know I am actively looking for a new job. Any suggestions on what do to with the letters of recommendation?
  4. As a teacher, there are a few options I have to continue to advance my career. While I enjoy teaching high school, I wouldn't say I love it. I have been considering beginning a Master's program in ed administration (to become a principal). However, recently, my passion for one of my content areas has been fully rekindled, and would welcome an opportunity to further my education in that field, perhaps teaching it at a tech school level (like MATC or a UW-_______ County school). The problem is, obtaining a Master's in that field would be nearly impossible at the moment. There are few if any programs that would accommodate working adults. The programs I found would pretty much require me to quit working, which is not an option. I would consider a distance learning opportunity, but I'm not sure how many institutions offer Master's programs completely online (oh, and the content area would be Political Science). Does anyone have any advice?
  5. My wife has a job interview on Thursday, and she was sent an e-mail today for an interview on Wednesday. She is concerned about being gone 2 days now. She asked the question...does she tell her supervisor why she is taking time off?
  6. Unfortunately (well, fortunately in my mind) I live in the Madison area. There are 4 programs over here that I can attend. The biggest question mark for me is would I be happy leaving teaching...What if I become an administrator and hate it? Also, I have a very good relationship with most of my students, and that would be hard to give up as well. I guess I could go through the program and keep my options open.
  7. I've been a teacher for three years. Lately, for some reasons I still can't put into words, I have had this desire to continue my education to become an administrator. It almost makes my prior education seem like a waste. I worked very hard to get to where I am right now, now I'm thinking of moving on. I am totally happy with what I'm doing, so I don't know where this desire is coming from. In order to do this, I will have to return to school, again, to get my Master's and license. It's going to be difficult to afford to pay for my Master's, but I'd have 7 years to complete it (and the pay as an administrator would pay for the degree in no time). I guess I'm trying to figure out 1)whether I should do it or not and 2) when to start/how long to take. I think my wife is on board with whatever decision I make, now I just have to make one.
×
×
  • Create New...