Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,655
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. My goodness, no he did not. This is an embellishment. This is how misinformation gets spread. And we so often on here just take a narrative and run with it. Yes, he is known for getting sick. Yes, he made a casual quote when he was moved to the pen about being able to feel more relaxed, That was it. He never said he couldn’t start and would “get so worked up before a start that I’d make myself sick.” He never made any such quote as it relates to his pitching role. If he did,, post the link and the quote and I’d be happy to stand corrected like I do any time I make a mistake. Otherwise, this is inaccurate. The man had an ERA under 3 as a starter and we are acting like he was such a mess that he can’t start. He can. No, I am not saying he should take Gasser’s next start, but I am saying if fully ramped up, yes, I believe he’d be a better starter than Gasser.
  2. He put a positive spin on being moved to a reliever role. He’s never outright asked not to start.
  3. This would be a massively disappointing game to drop.
  4. I’m not sure that there’s a very good argument for Gasser being the 6th pitcher in the rotation over Patrick.
  5. Very few things more irritating in baseball than a pitcher staked to a big lead constantly giving up free baserunners.
  6. Even though he made an out that’s the exact adjustment and approach I was hoping to see Lara make. Be more aggressive early in the count and put a good rip on one. That will lead to more success if they continue to throw him strikes early in counts.
  7. This is uh, better than yesterday. Well, similar, but the opposite.
  8. Just to be clear, Manfred is unlikely to strip any championships no matter what is found. He had the chance to set that precedent with the 2017 Astros and chose not to.
  9. As bad as Sproat has been, and we know how bad he’s been, he has not had one single game this season where he allowed more earned runs (7) than outs recorded (6). He allowed 7 runs once in his first appearance back in March but went 3 innings.
  10. Also our starting pitcher giving up 7 runs in 2 innings
  11. Pretty terrible situational hitting and no fight in the 9th, but they scored 5 runs and the back end of the bullpen pitched very well. Hard to say that most of this falls on anyone except Dustin May.
  12. Yeah they did not even kinda come close with the heart of the order.
  13. We’ve had lots of opportunities to get back in this one and have chipped away but always seem to let them off the hook for the most part.
  14. The passive approach when a single makes it 7-5 is what really irked me. That was not the time to take a couple pitches. It’s just a bad approach and bad situational baseball by a player who has been around long enough to know better.
  15. He’s been better lately so I can’t get on him too much but that was not what we needed from Yeli there.
  16. Rough day at the office today for Bauers.
  17. Pratt was 11 for his first 68 in the bigs. Drawing any conclusions about 21 year old rookies based on a minuscule sample of less than 100 big league ABs is far, far too early.
  18. I’d like to see him be a little more aggressive early in counts. I think the book on him is he’ll be patient to a fault early in counts and take pitches. So the pitcher can get ahead and take advantage and then get him chasing out of the zone with 2 strikes.
  19. Lara, I’m rooting for you but that was rough, man. Gotta be better in those clutch situations.
  20. I should have clarified, any 7 game series, hoping we don’t have to deal with a 3.
  21. Do we need 4 starting pitchers for a playoff series ? Or can we get by with 3?
  22. Because May doesn’t suck, he’s mediocre, and there are other factors that go into a likely win/loss than starting pitcher matchup alone such as defense, offense, and bullpen, which judging by W/L records the Brewers have the advantage over the Mariners in most categories to get to a betting line, which is designed to get as close to equal action as possible on both sides. Hope this helps
×
×
  • Create New...