Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Generally love his approach, but that was a time to shorten up and be aggressive with 2 strikes , not a time to be caught guessing.
  2. His results have been good. No one can debate that. ERA measures what you’ve done, not necessarily what you’ll continue to do if the underlying things don’t change.
  3. DL Hall has an alarming BB/9 number this season of 7 walks per 9 innings. That is not an acceptable number for an MLB relief pitcher.
  4. Not watching, did the Harrison thing appear to be anything serious or just highly precautionary (I hope)?
  5. Meanwhile Harrison has been efficient while still getting the K's.
  6. Mitchell just an awful choice at 3 with the way he’s been swinging the bat. We needed contact there and he’s the last guy for that. And a terrible choice not to use the challenge to boot.
  7. No clue why you feel this way. I actually don’t have any personal affiliations here that extend beyond this forum with anyone or even privately message anyone beyond the rarest of occasions. I definitely don’t have any “favored compatriots” I have a long enough posting history here where I think just about every longtime poster here will tell you I have both agreed with them and disagreed with them on more than one occasion and I have no reservations about expressing it without any bias.
  8. It’s weird to think that 2016 was the last year that I went into Brewer season with no expectations of any kind. That used to be just the default every season.
  9. I think 2 month from now is going to be the real crossroads, because there’s not a great case currently for carrying Yeli on the playoff roster unless heats up considerably. They did leave off Rhys Hoskins last year. But Hoskins is not Yeli,
  10. I was actually a little encouraged that Murphy was talking about his history and what he meant to this club, but he added “that doesn’t give him the grace … if he’s in the lineup, he has got to perform”. So there’s a limit there even with Murphy. I don’t know what it is and it’s going to be a longer leash than any of us would like but there is not going to be a permanent hall pass here.
  11. The Brewers are on pace for 100 wins. If you don’t really believe they are a 100 win team, that’s fine. If they win 95 games, that means going just 25-24 the rest of the season. The Cubs would have to go 30-18 the rest of the way, which would be a 101+ win pace for a full season. Possible? Sure. Worth worrying about? Not really, if it occurs then things we don’t know about yet clearly went wrong these last two months. IMO, adding Henderson to the rotation around the AS break, getting a healthy Harrison back in the rotation (he hasn’t pitched effectively since June), and replacing Sproat with May is more impactful than any moves the Cubs have made.
  12. You missed my point. Yes, I was in fact cherry picking as well, to show you how easy it is to manipulate a small sample size of games to paint a narrative. Not to say that the Brewer offense is amazing. You are well within your rights to your opinions and counterpoints. I don’t know why it needs to come with a dose of playing the victim or why you would feel attacked, though, when others counter your own points that yes, you have done this before. Nobody is celebrating a division title on August 5th. Everyone is well aware that if you simulated the rest of the season 10,000 times, the Cubs will win the division in a handful of those simulations. I don’t know what else you want to say about it. When people speak of the postseason, everyone is operating within the framework of what is more likely at this point in time. At this point in time, it is more likely than not that the Brewers will win the NL Central. They have also not given you historical reasons to think they will blow it. They won the division the last 4 out of 5 seasons. It’s not like they blew a 6 game lead last year and we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  13. Vaughn to me is pretty clearly the answer, at least for now. He is hitting just as well as he did for us last year and gets on base. An .874 OPS overall should be in the lineup most days. He is obviously better against LHP, but he is not a liability against RHP. I'm not saying he needs to play every single day but there is no case for Yelich getting more ABs than Vaughn. This also keeps Bauers at 1B or DH and strengthens our outfield defense.
  14. if Boras bribed the Tigers to influence them to trade Skubal to the Dodgers, that would be highly illegal.
  15. This was you last August. if you feel the need to convince yourself down the homestretch every season that the division is slipping away when a few games oscillate toward the Cubs’ side of the standings, as they will many times throughout the course of a season, no one can force you to do otherwise
  16. We can use the 19 runs we scored off the Cubs in our first series against them then, if preferred
  17. Couple things: - the Brewers have scored 10 runs in the last 4 games. - they scored 17 runs in the 3 games prior, so are you sure you’re not just cherry picking a small sample size to make a point?
  18. I don’t think anyone was guaranteeing that the Cubs can’t beat Skubal. I know I wasn’t. The Brewers are 5.5 games up in the division. On this day last year, they were 3 up. At their pace for the season, they would win 100 games. If they show no improvement after the trade deadline and perform exactly how they have all season and win 100 games and that still isn’t enough, tip your cap. But the Cubs aren’t going to win 101 games.
  19. 1) Turang 2B 2) Chourio LF 3) Bauers 1B 4) Contreras C 5) Vaughn DH 6) Lara RF 7) Mitchell CF 8) Pratt SS 9) Ortiz 3B
  20. It was really nice seeing Chourio and Contreras show some signs of life. Yelich, unfortunately, did not. I just don’t know where you go from here. Probably penciled into the 7 spot tomorrow but at some point you have to perform.
  21. At least there’s some advantage of the Dodgers losing. How sweet would it be if they slip to the 3 seed and wind up in a flukey 3 game series against Philly or Arizona.
  22. Nice win. Good all around effort, nice job from the pen and Henderson with the solid 6.
  23. See I know this isn’t close but I have absolutely no problem with that challenge.
  24. Stupid Skubal, the one silver lining was “at least he gets the Cubs right away” and he can’t beat them.
×
×
  • Create New...