Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. When you get buried by 3 perfect sliders but feel like the umpire must be to blame for it.
  2. We haven’t had a rough Uribe outing in awhile. Today would not be an ideal time to start,
  3. Vaughn you gotta challenge that man. Not close.
  4. Bro gets ahead 2-0, hacks at a sweeper 2 feet out of the zone, and pops it straight up. This is just sad at this point.
  5. I didn’t want to trade Henderson to get Skubal, but I was really hoping Henderson would reinforce that feeling for me tonight. He did.
  6. Man, I really want Mitchell to succeed but he making an awfully strong case lately for more time off in this outfield logjam.
  7. I can just picture Murph penciling Yeli back at leadoff tomorrow to “get him going again” and with mist in his eyes whispering “go get em, Captain.”
  8. Dude deserves it. To this day I don’t understand why we called up Greg Jones a second time just to release this guy the following week.
  9. ?? I don’t care about the name. I would think when making a comparison, you would use a player that is comparable. Yes, if you had told me Chourio would be worth 8 WAR by the middle of his 3rd season at age 22 I would not be disappointed. I don’t know how anyone is.
  10. 5 hole Yeli looks equally as brutal as 4 hole Yeli, 3 hole Yeli and 1 hole Yeli. You cannot accuse him of being inconsistent.
  11. You lost me at “Tyrone Taylor”. Jackson Chourio has literally been worth more fWAR in his career so far at age 22 than Tyrone Taylor has been worth in his entire career at age 32. Come on now.
  12. The amount of critics of Chourio here on what is usually a pretty positive and levelheaded forum is crazy to me. He’s 22 with plenty of room to grow but the current product is a solid 115 OPS+ outfielder. Sometimes here I would think his bat is the equivalent of Joey Ortiz 2025.
  13. Of course we start the game by swinging at Ball 4.
  14. For those of us who watched the 18 starts prior to that, it didn’t exactly come as a surprise,
  15. Beyond the physical skillset there is a mental part of this game that is necessary to succeed. I’m not writing him off completely, but I’m not sure he has that. Things go okay for him until they don’t. Something as routine as a walk often seem to send him into a spiral. I have just generally not seen him handle adversity well throughout the course of the season. I do feel for him, because it’s clearly not for a lack of effort or caring. You can tell he feels bad about his lack of contributions. Maybe they should start with a makeover. I don’t know why he purposely shows up to work every day looking like he’s about to assist brother Mario in rescuing Princess Peach from Bowsers’ Castle.
  16. I feel like the “Sproat has TOR stuff, we gotta stick with him and unlock it” crowd switched to the “Thank God we got May, Sproat was butt, what an upgrade” crowd quickly in the last 24 hours.
  17. Ortiz not in the lineup I called. The only guy who did anything last night. Well, baby steps.
  18. I find it a little hilarious that he moved him to the very spot that he said you can’t move him to or you’d be ripping the C off his jersey. I would have thought he’d have put him at 6 or 8 just to avoid that pickle.
  19. None of the three of us are qualified to notice if any adjustments were made by their hitting coaches. It’s absolutely plausible and not just necessarily a “hot streak” when he had over 200 PAs here of not getting hot. He didn’t hit a single HR as a Brewer, he has 2 in a third as many PAs. We can’t have it both ways and say “our pitching coaches will fix him right up” when we acquire a pitcher and completely dismiss the possibility that our coaches miss things that other guys pick up. Pretty sure if we thought he was just a hot streak away from being a plug and play #2 hitter we wouldn’t have DFAed him.
  20. I agree with most of this but I also think he needs to understand and accept - the guy he’s watching hit all those homeruns in 2018 is gone. He doesn’t exist anymore.
  21. “Where would you want me to hit him, seventh?” he said. “No, it makes it worse. You can’t take the ‘C’ off his uniform, you know what I mean? You don’t do that. You believe in him more. You show him love. Give him direction and believe he’s on it.” Man really backed himself into a corner with this quote.
  22. Murphy is a great manager in many ways, but he is not without faults, and one of them absolutely is a bit of an ego. He is on the record this year both about how important David Hamilton will be to this team and how important it is to get Christian Yelich going. He really does not like to be wrong. But you can’t force yourself to be right when it doesn’t fit the reality.
  23. Rengifo since going to the Padres: .353/.468/.510/.978 Whatever was wrong with his swing, our 3 hitting coaches were unable to diagnose and fix it, and it was quickly fixed upon arrival at San Diego. This is problematic.
×
×
  • Create New...