Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. I understand this take as it’s not ideal for them, nor is it ideal for Chourio, Pratt, Lara and Miz. I also don’t want them to make or not make moves that could influence the 2026 season and playoffs based on hypotheticals that may or may not happen in 2027.
  2. They are. So are we. We are all losers besides the Dodgers until baseball gets fixed.
  3. Is it absolutely crazy to consider just moving Fischer or Burke to the 40 on September 1st, bringing them up, and letting them DH against RHP every single day in September and see if you can find inject some pop into your lineup? Is there really anything to lose?
  4. If by Henderson they meant Sproat then I definitely said it.
  5. I am also confused. Why would a seller ever care about anything other than the best package? If we offered Pena, Jett or Adamczewski, and Payne or Fischer, that is indeed a strong, competitive offer. Hopefully the quote means nothing more than the Tigers required pitching back. I can understand us not dealing Henderson, although I wouldn’t have hesitated for one second if they had accepted Sproat instead. It does seem like the Tigers have given the Dodgers a couple sweetheart deals in the last few years which is a bit eyebrow raising.
  6. I mean, I’m happy with the guys we got in a vacuum. I can see either or both being big contributors in the playoffs. If this was just Ragsdale and a lower guy I could probably get on board. Frias is already the number 4 in the Cardinals system. It could be a haunting move. I hope not.
  7. I find it very, very suspicious that the Dodgers always seem to land the big fish at the deadline. I’m not going all tinfoil hat here, but their deals with the Tigers are particularly suspicious. Remember them getting Jack Flaherty at the 2024 deadline for peanuts? I’ve never come away with a Dodgers deadline deal thinking “wow, they gave up a lot.” This isn’t an area that they should have a competitive advantage in, as long as any team is willing to eat the salary. I understand their system is loaded - if anything, you’d think that would mean they’d be paying premiums. Nope. Not one of their top 5 prospects for Skubal. That’s insane.
  8. I mean, Murphy’s quote was about word for word what I would expect him to say about it. Did you think he was going to say “holy crap. I saw what we gave up for these two. We are screwed in 3 years. “
  9. I also want to counter a point that was made yesterday about the Brewers not caring about power. I actually get a little bit of a chuckle about this because it wasn’t that long ago that the biggest complaint about the Brewers offense is that they couldn’t score unless they hit home runs, that was all they did. The Brewers very much care about hitting the ball over the fence. I don’t think they expected Yelich to go from 29 HR to 7. I don’t think they expected Vaughn to have 4 HR at this point this year. The plan was not for William Contreras to have the worst slugging percentage of his career. Garrett Mitchell is another, I think if fully healthy they expected him to be well into the double digit by now. Circumstantially, they have not hit well for power this year. That was not the plan and it’s a little absurd to suggest it was. They also have numerous top prospects (Made, Adamczewski, Fischer, Payne, Adams, Burke) with anywhere from very good power to amazing power. They absolutely do care about it.
  10. I don’t understand the market at all. Why even sell starting pitchers a year out from free agency if they’re worth just as much at the trade deadline? May as well benefit from them for half the season first. Control also doesn’t seem to be as coveted anymore. I’d love to say imagine what Drohan would have been worth at the deadline with his control, but maybe nothing more than a few organizational top 30s. I really just don’t know anymore.
  11. #26 and #27 organizational prospects are a pretty loose definition of “top” prospect, That’s Handelfry Encarnacion and Jaron Deberry for us.
  12. How is any agent for a rental player without any no-trade clause able to not only have veto power over a trade partner but actually determine a singular destination? This is either completely false or MLB is ruined until the next CBA. If the Tigers are taking an inferior offer to send Skubal to his preferred destination because of agent pressure. If a NTC is essentially pointless because an agent can just strong arm anyway. If any of that is true, there can be no baseball again after 2026 until the system is overhauled.
  13. And Yelich is 1 for his last 13. The difference is Lara has a future here, Yelich doesn’t. Hard for Lara to catch fire when he starts riding the pine every time he has a 1 for 12 stretch.
  14. I’ll let Fischer do it at this point and not care if he strikes out 40% of the time. At least he won’t weakly roll out to the right side of the infield the other 60%.
  15. Literally nobody here gives a crap if you criticize Pratt. No one has called you out for it once until now. It’s an absolutely stupid take given the overall production and actual problems with this team, but you can have it. You’re “attacked” because you’re condescending, obnoxious, and you don’t back up a word of your opinion with anything other than emotion. Trust me, it’s rare when the rest of the forum can be united about anything. So, congratulations on that.
  16. It’s tough to figure out why nobody here likes you.
  17. He usually gets away with his cute little crap and tonight the marginal stuff like sticking with Yelich at 3 came back to finally cost him.
  18. Joey O gets benched tomorrow and Yeli heads back to leadoff.
  19. It’s true, but we are getting there I think with our international development (Chourio, for all his warts was a huge get. Pratt is also homegrown. We’re improving). It also feels like the pitching lab has given the development of the bats an almost impossible standard to live up to.
  20. Their last 6 first round picks have been position players and the guy they took last year has the most power of any player in all of minor league baseball. Pretty sure they are trying.
  21. Pratt has a 1.5 WAR in 117 ABs. Over the course of a full season, that is a star level player. He is hitting .291 with a .775 OPS and has an elite glove at the most important defensive position. Yelich cannot field any position, so he hogs the DH spot and does it poorly, with a below average .695 OPS. It has nothing to do with one getting a pass because he is a rookie. I assure you that Brandon Sproat isn’t getting many passes around here. Pratt has offered value this year, Yelich has been an anchor. A bad AB is a bad AB but this is a horrible comparison.
×
×
  • Create New...