Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. They didn’t look like a team on cruise control. They are legitimately struggling. But then again, take Diaz and his long leash out of the picture and it’s a series split, even without their top pitching. Great work by the boys though, got back on track.
  2. I think at least two things are going on... 1) Team clearly feeling pressure -- can't have the underdog mentality this year 2) Something up with Contreras. Not sure if it's just him feeling the pressure also or something else. Just watching the player mannerisms in San Diego it seemed like Sanchez was easily the loosest of the bunch. He was chatting it up with everyone. I'm glad we have him around.
  3. This one feels like a paper loss but maybe we'll be able to carry over momentum from yesterday. I'm curious to see if Uribe gets in the game.
  4. I wonder what Senzatela was thinking? He's been in the NL West for ages and surely knows the scouting report on Muncy.
  5. $309 million doesn't buy what it used to...a washed up outfielder and a closer with a 10+ ERA.
  6. Easily the win of the year. Division lead back to 4.
  7. Oh my god, Diaz is totally washed and manages to barely hit the zone twice in a row???
  8. I'm honestly impressed how much bad luck we are going through right now.
  9. Not swinging was the key to getting two runs!
  10. I had a good chat with a few Padres fans on the train after the game yesterday. They were all obviously thrilled to have swept "the #1 team in baseball". I commented how they are hitting the ball pretty well right now and they were saying that the entire team was in a deep hitting slump a month ago, the season was left for dead, etc. Gave some perspective on how when you're slumping it feels like you'll never get another hit and when you're hot it feels like you'll never lose again. The truest test of any team is how they handle adversity, so we'll see what this team has in them. We all agreed that the Brewers should go sweep the Dodgers.
  11. Just getting back from that game. Disgusting.
  12. Good to see Joey in there. Hamilton is the worst matchup.
  13. Did you see the Pope night promotion at the White Sox game last night? Praying didn't work out so well for them.
  14. Yes, they strictly block the aisles while at-bats are going in. Not sure how many other MLB ballparks still do that, but I greatly appreciate it. I think I've been to 17 active MLB ballparks, Petco is definitely in the top-5. Has the feel of a spring training park blown up to full size. The biggest negative is that the fans also seem to have the "spring training" attitude and haven't shown much knowledge or interest in the actual game, but the two games I went to were mostly duds and I wasn't in the prime seating areas. Honestly I've had bad luck with MLB games this year, been to about 10 and all were mediocre to bad -- but I think that's mostly just the product that MLB is right now. There are less than 50 legitimately good hitters left in MLB and everyone else is getting blown away by the 98+ mph pitches and praying to get lucky and hit a home run.
  15. I'm headed to the ballpark to will on a victory in person. Strongly agree that getting a solid performance out of May is exactly what need. Especially since he cost a premium and is facing one of the "discount" starting pitcher acquisitions in Ray. To put it more bluntly, Ray sucks. We need the offense to show up.
  16. I feel bad for Bryse, he's probably going to throw 60 pitches and then get DFA'd again because he can't take up a roster spot while he's resting for 4 days.
  17. The Padres announcers thought a triple play was coming, and it might have been if our regular infield was playing.
  18. Sure would be nice to have a guy like that on our roster. Too quick with the DFA.
  19. Well, the Padres were left for dead a month ago and all their bats woke up at once. At least Rengifo is up, he won’t hurt us, right?
  20. I didn’t set out to add a team but if you live in another city and like baseball you eventually start to casually pay attention to the local team and sometime after that they had a season where I really got into them. Now I live in San Diego and I don’t give two bleeps about the Padres and I can’t even watch their games because of blackouts. But maybe someday after Manny Machado is long gone I might.
  21. As many here know, I am also a Mariners fan and watch quite a bit of their games. That franchise is an absolute trainwreck right now. A compete disaster, spiraling into the void. The Brewers are at risk of their division winning odds falling below 80%. Oh no!
×
×
  • Create New...