It's very good that this came out prior to the offseason CBA negotiations.
If I understand it right, there are two separate-but-related pieces to this.
(a) As reported above, the discovery that the Dodgers are manipulating revenue sharing by deducting the media debt off local revenue. That is obvious revenue sharing manipulation that needs to be addressed. Will it be? I don't know.
(b) The illegal debt servicing being uncovered, forcing Walter to liquidate assets. The fact that he attempted to buy out his sweetheart TV deal suggests that the situation is very, very serious.
I'm not sure how this is all going to play out but this could be the beginning of the end of the dynasty.
Is Skubal going to sign long term with the Dodgers? Two weeks ago we all assumed they were the favorite. Now? There's no way Walter is going to be able to finance another long term contract with all this going on.
Fun X-factor -- Ohtani has a clause that he can opt out if the Dodgers ownership changes hands. I highly doubt that he would, but considering that he gets most of his income through off-field sponsorships, I could see him wanting to jump the sinking ship if things get really bad...