Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. The main reason for trading Peralta for Crow is so we can frame the inevitable "Stearns Eats Crow" headline on the NY Post sports page.
  2. I think I would do Skubal for Henderson and Moneys plus filler. Henderson is worth enough that we shouldn’t have to give up another top-10. My prediction is that Skubal goes to Tampa though. I think they are going to be willing to overpay because of the political implications with their new stadium push. That makes us a prime candidate for Mason Miller if he is available since the Padres won’t trade him to LA. And what position has been responsible for more of our postseason failures than closer?
  3. The media can't help it. They heap praise on every big FA signing, no matter how terrible it ends up looking in retrospect. When they assign deadline grades next week, whoever gets the big names will get an "A", it won't matter what they give up from their perspective.
  4. You forgot the part where he’s a POWER guy. None of that slap hitting, base stealing nonsense that evaporates when the calendar turns to October.
  5. I know the home/road splits are what they are, but it’s not easy to pitch two different ways at home and on the road. They are also pitching in front of a mediocre defense and Seattle’s park plays neutral for home runs so they still have to make pitches. Look at Miller’s savant page, that guy is not a #5 starter. Woo is the only one who has such extreme home/road splits that I wouldn’t trade for him and Hancock is no different than the half-dozen options we already have in the back of the rotation. I don’t think we will trade with Seattle but they know how to develop pitching.
  6. Hancock is their #5. Gilbert/Woo/Kirby/Miller are all legit. The main reason I have interest in trading with the Mariners is that they are more likely than others to take major league talent in a return instead of prospects. Unfortunately, they need right-handed bats and are covered at 1B. George Kirby is the one that would benefit most from our pitching lab IMO. We could take him from good to elite. If the Mariners are truly sellers, Randy Arozarena would look good in LF...
  7. I wouldn’t be shocked if McCullers is back with the Astros at the end of the week. Could have been a gentlemen’s agreement.
  8. It’s ok, there is always someone else on a slump to complain about
  9. Pretty sure it was a creative way to pay $2 million cash for Gordon
  10. Put him next to Dallas Keuchel in the “washed up arm needed to fill a couple innings in July” hall of fame.
  11. Thank you for your service Lance.
  12. He might not make it another week on the roster if we add 2 pitchers at the deadline
  13. McCullers is washed and throwing junk but it’s good enough for his current role
  14. So that's what a 2B with bad range looks like?
  15. Good for Luis, he seemed like a nice guy. He needs to earn himself a MLB contract for next year.
  16. He has a good eye at the plate but his batted ball profile is not of the level needed to get consistent starts on an MLB roster. Back to AAA.
  17. I get it, but I have yet to see concrete examples of where we should make tradeoffs to accomplish this. In my opinion you need your role players to get hot, we've seen that over and over again. I don't think a particular profile of role player is better suited for the postseason.
  18. That was an odd decision but I like this Bauers matchup.
  19. What does that mean? Who of our players would we expect to have comparable stats to the regular season and which who would we expect to be better or worse?
  20. When MLB average is 4.52 runs/game, it's generally considered pretty good to score 5.04 and allow 3.74.
  21. Those 90s MB hats are soooo bad. There's a reason they only lasted 3 years 😂
  22. Glad I saw the time, wasn’t expecting a 1 pm PT start today.
  23. It's worth noting that home advantage in MLB is only about half that of the NBA -- 54% vs. 59%. So if my math is correct I think it's a 36% win probability for the Brewers if they are the away team vs. 43% if they are the home team, assuming the Brewers are a .600 team and the Dodgers are a .700 team. NBA series are also 2-2-1-1-1 vs. 2-3-2 in MLB but that doesn't change the math.
×
×
  • Create New...