Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Marlins (Perez) vs Brewers (Houser): 9/14/23, 1:10pm


Brock Beauchamp
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Monasterio is batting .273 Why would we get rid of him?

I don’t think they’ll get rid of him at all. I’m just thinking he might be a heavily used utility man. In fact, I wouldn’t be at all shocked if he’s the guy in spring training next year who tests out an outfield glove in attempt to make him a super utility player.

Posted
1 minute ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I don't see what's stopping them right now. Black has to be on the 40 man anyway this offseason. 

Unless Rowdy has a phantom injury and goes on the IL, I don't see a DFA in his future

Posted
2 minutes ago, Brewin said:

Unless Rowdy has a phantom injury and goes on the IL, I don't see a DFA in his future

You may be right. I just don't see any reason to keep him if he continues to flop with the bat. Black could have serious value on a playoff team with his ability to get on base and run. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I don't see what's stopping them right now. Black has to be on the 40 man anyway this offseason. 

Black was drafted in '21, so IIRC he doesn't have to be added till the end of 2024

Posted

Great series.    I would have been happy to split this when the week started.     Add to it the cubs lost a series to the Rockies and it’s magnificent 

Posted

That feels like a big win boys!

Marlins playing well coming in……some tough pitching…..a couple of our best hitters out……..win 3 out of 4 and don’t let Cubs pick,up,a game in the loss column!

They really executed today……grinned out 4 hard earned runs and made it stand up.

well done!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jastro said:

Black was drafted in '21, so IIRC he doesn't have to be added till the end of 2024

You're correct. For some reason I thought he was 2020. So, yeah that would be a good reason. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...