Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

  1. Great post SeaBass. My question (beyond the intangibles already discussed about being a mentor for the younger guys) would be what effect WC has had on really an unprecedented level of success with our pitching the last 3.5 seasons? if we could do a 4/90 extension with a $10m buyout and $25 million option for a 5th year that effectively makes this a 4/100, would you do it? Not saying that would be enough would keep WC with this group of pitchers through our window, and would allow the rising young players to take our offense to another level. i would love to sign WC and Turang to pair with our young/cheap players, but realistically BT is going to get 10/250 and we will have a ready made replacement by then (pun intended)… looking at the list of MLB catcher contracts, it doesn’t seem like WC would get the same years as maybe a shortstop, pitcher, or outfielder would.
  2. Something else to consider. Mitchell is about to get more expensive as he hits arby. not saying that means we are forced to move him… just saying that “being patient” with a younger player is one thing at $800k and another thing when that player starts to cost $3-4M, then $7M, then $10M? I like what Mitchell is starting to show, but I thought he was referenced as a potential non-tender candidate for 2027 (as recently as this winter/early spring if he couldn’t get it together). then again, considering Rengifo got $3.5M… I guess he really only gets “expensive” in that last year of Arby (2029)
  3. I take it back. Given his lack of being “clutch” in the playoffs, we’re probably harder on the guy than numbers would support. i think it’s fair to say that Yelich’s inability to play in the field now though will hurt some of his value.
  4. I know that the Yelich contract hasn’t worked well for us… but I’d still be in favor of extending Will Bill and Turang, even if it costs us something with deferrals now being a thing… being able to hang on to elite position players, mixed with our incoming talent and hopefully a pipeline of continuously young pitching… one can dream
  5. Webb’s free burgers for a decade?
  6. https://finance.yahoo.com/economy/policy/articles/us-producer-prices-rose-6-124151813.html Would it be fair to say that the rapid build up in producer prices reflects inflation that hasn't yet hit consumers? If that is true, I think inflation is going to get hotter over the summer.
  7. Should we start a CC watch? Crazy to think that outside of their 210 game-winning streaks, they are 20 games under 500
  8. Yeah, hopefully that’s it for Sproat. He gave us a terrific six, let’s not push our luck.
  9. I have not been a fan of Sproat this season, but wow is he pitching great tonight in a tough ballpark
  10. He’s going to give us 5 quality innings of 10 earned runs. #SaveTheBullpen
  11. I promise not to criticize Gasser tonight. If we were playing in a non-little league venue…
  12. I love this deal. Great job by the front office. Actually like it better than the Pratt deal, but I’m optimistic that both will play a big role in the years ahead
  13. Looks like another rough day for Tech / Nasdaq developing today....
  14. There should be 2 errors in this inning, and I believe that would make all 6 runs unearned
  15. Harrison doesn’t have it tonight in the heat. Get him outta there Murph
  16. Yeah. When he’s got a minor league defense behind him that is even tougher…
×
×
  • Create New...