Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

hawing

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    16,219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by hawing

  1. We have cats who are not fans of the carrier. Our vet provided us with a prescription for gabapentin, which we give them a few hours in advance to take the edge off. I mix it with wet food, which for them is a treat. I can see why that's bugging you, though.
  2. Spoiler alert: And Ozzie Smith telling Robin to get over it. Get out of my life, Ozzie. In non-spoiler news, Just A Bit Outside's stay at the Wisconsin Marcus theaters is extended another week, and it'll now also be shown in Gurnee, IL.
  3. If we were able to attend tonight's game, I would 100% wear my 2010 "Voodoo" Joe Inglett gamer. ✌️
  4. This'll bring back a memory if you're an OG poster around here. 🥰 https://yost.ytmnd.com/ (The volume's UP so adjust accordingly if you're at work)
  5. I predict you will as well. And I agree that the current team should be made to sit down and watch it as soon as they return to Milwaukee. I brought a handkerchief and was smart to do so. It was cathartic. 1982 was the first season I followed from beginning to end, and I really had no perspective then on what a big deal it was. I remember watching parade/rally footage, probably on the Madison news, and literally thinking to myself, "they'll get it next year." I've spoken/posted many times, including around here, on how I hate STL with the fire of a billion suns. This movie added a new and unprecedented layer of heat and hate.
  6. That has already begun. Rob Picciolo, Don Sutton, Pete Ladd. Even Doug Jones (though he's better known for his late 1990s Brewers tenure).
  7. Are they even trying to restore the AC? Seems like that would be critical. 😬
  8. I hereby nominate myself as user most likely to loooooove this item. 😄 (Nothing ventured, nothing gained!)
  9. I've never seen any. As a part-owner of a plug-in hybrid, I'd be happy to see some, someday.
  10. I'd call the ticket office at 414-902-4000. If the folks there aren't the ones who can help, they'll know who can.
  11. Fun fact! I have a #26 Iribarren jersey. Navy - so there's a nonzero chance it's the one pictured in the card! Edited to add a second fun fact. The first Brewers game I attended with my SO was just over 35 years ago. Jim Abbott started that game for the California Angels and shut out the Brewers.
  12. We arrived at our first game of the just-completed homestand to find the Molitor Lot set up for the QR code-based parking system. We needed a bit of direction for that first game, but parking attendants were plentiful, and one of them explained that they were testing in that lot only. Learning that made it make more sense that they didn't announce anything in advance (which TBH would probably have riled people up more than anything else). Since then it's been smooth sailing for us - with the exception that an attendant was back in place at the entrance to Molitor for the Cleveland series. The person there on Friday explained to us that there was a problem with the system again. I don't know if that's true or simply the explanation provided. They could have been testing in another lot that series, for all I know.
  13. Homer beat me to the Brewerfanatic scoop. Bob Newhart was 94 and I hate that he's gone.
  14. We call those duds, and we hate them.
  15. I'm pretty sure at least one of our cats recognizes the weather radio alarm at our house by now.
  16. Let me just add that the July 27 game features a City Connect style Hawaiian shirt for the first 30,000 fans through the gates. Which I suppose could be either a selling point or the opposite, depending on how you feel about that powdery blue. 🤷‍♀️
  17. When the time comes, how many of us will drop what we're doing, pick up some flowers or other piece of memorabilia, and head to the ballpark to pay homage at either of his statues? 😐
  18. The same warnings that NeedMoreFans was under on May 21 applied to us (though somehow we didn't lose power). We had no shortage of squawks from our phones and weather radio throughout that evening, but I appreciated having local meteorologists add local context with the break-in coverage. The station whose news/weather we watch most often mentioned before the storms hit (and reiterated on their social channels) that normal programming would be moved to their ".2" channel if they had to cut in. That was available over the air or via paid TV service. I thought it was reasonable. One thing about severe weather response/coverage that I'd like to see better synced is when a warning polygon only covers part of a county. As OWBC states above, that's a big improvement on the NWS' part, but other parts of the all-around warning network are just not caught up to it. For example, if a tornado warning is issued for southeast Dane County for a storm moving east, that storm is not going to hit Madison - yet some weather alerts only acknowledge that "Dane County" is under a warning. I've been told to move library visitors to a storm shelter when the storm in question is in a different part of the county and moving away from Madison. I'll admit, though, that I don't know what it would take to improve that part.
  19. Apologies if I overlooked an eclipse thread elsewhere. I'm not on the road seeking totality, but 89 percent-ish in Madison is enough for me. What eclipses always remind me of is this lil gem from the good old days of 2008 at brewerfan dot net, when Yovani came back from the (then) DL to pitch during that dream sequence season ending homestand: https://gallardo.ytmnd.com/ Good, good times. IYKYK. 😄
  20. Well, so are your plans! 😉 Won't you be 21 years older in 2045? Or did I misread you?
  21. I KNOW. The part that hit me hardest was the "expects to be at the mic" for Tuesday's game. We know that no one is promised the future, but that wording has extra weight for just a few days out. Bob owes us no explanation, but how shaky is the premise that he'll be on air this week?!
  22. I'm going to guess that the current brewerfan(atic) audience nowadays is a mix of people who remember the plane flying a loop over County Stadium hauling a HEARTBREAKERS - 95th AND NATIONAL banner before games. Not my kind of venue, but it brings back County Stadium memories. 🙂
  23. I hope you went to Heartbreakers.
  24. Late to this particular party, but I'm mostly* over the Craig Counsell job change thing. I'll allow for a slim chance that his "huge crowd" comment was in response to a leading question from the Marquee folks (or whoever he was talking to). Otherwise, that little dig wasn't necessary. There will be more than enough ill will between the fan bases, both online and at the respective parks when the two teams meet. There is no value to adding to the ill will, unless perhaps you're in the media and need more content that will draw reactions. Having said all that...I'm unconvinced that there isn't some kind of bad blood between Craig and some component of the Brewers. It's one of several events to which I look forward to someday reading or hearing an oral history. (That and the 2022 trade deadline.) *mostly = as far as I know. 🤷‍♀️
  25. Let's go.
×
×
  • Create New...