Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

OldSchoolSnapper

Verified Member
  • Posts

    12,416
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    27

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by OldSchoolSnapper

  1. Well, now is the time for May to show why we 1000% won the trade.
  2. This team is just really bad. I guess I'm holding out hope they stay afloat any maybe grab a 7 seed somehow as they figure things out...but they look so far from average offensively I just can't see it happening. 2-2 feels like a mirage entirely due to scheduling yet one of those losses was at home to Atlanta and the other was a 4th quarter meltdown.
  3. I don't think WAR is a great barometer for something like that. It's much more than that. Yelich is the face and leader of the team through a period of unparalleled consistent success, steward in the community etc., an MVP winner. The Brewers have never been as good as often as they are and he is a huge reason for it even if his numbers never lived up to the deal he signed. I'd be first to say Braun was a superior clutch player but the whole drug scandal thing is just not Mount Rushmore fodder. To me, Yelich is clearly the third player if this monument is restricted to players. If not, Mark Attanasio and Uecker are in the conversation.
  4. That might have been the best win I've personally watched. The kind of game that makes you think something big is happening. A 3-error fart fest, on death's door with 2 outs, guy like Gary Sanchez drawing a walk against the best in the game and your best player coming up to the plate going down 0-2...just an incredible moment.
  5. Yelich won an MVP as a Brewer and nearly won two. I know the recency bias has soured some on his body of work, but he's as Mr. Brewer as it gets post-2000. Molitor, Yount, Yelich, Braun is right on the line, I don't know that you want the scandal stuff on your Mount Rushmore. Uecker and Henry Aaron before him if it's not players only; I know Aaron is a 'Brave' predominantly but he's iconic to Milwaukee and I'd find a way to get him on. No one on the current team (besides aforementioned Yelich) has the longevity. Chourio and Miz may end up playing more than half their career some place else.
  6. Twice, kind of. Once in Minneapolis and once at Miller Park when the ball lodged under the wall pad in right field. The OF stood still waiting for the GRD call that never came.
  7. Reverse the teams and that ball hitting the roof is barely a mouse fart this morning.
  8. Statcast saying it's a home run in only one park. Announcers really exaggerated it. It bounced off the cable or whatever, and the ricochet sent it toward the fence. It may have gone over anyway, I don't know, but this already circulating mantra that it was going to be the longest home run ever recorded is hyperbolic nonsense. Nothing that high goes that far.
  9. Lost in the madness is what a play that is by Chourio to track that ball and catch it after a ricochet. That's a potential disaster if it's not caught. Prince Fielder turned one of those into an in the park HR.
  10. Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there.
  11. I didn't really understand the controversy there. I saw more than one fly ball hit the roof at the Metrodome and it was just a regular play after hitting the roof regardless of what happened. I don't know why the broadcast kept suggesting it would be ruled a homer. I started second guessing myself they were so convinced of it.
  12. Honestly cannot believe he sat Machado down that easily. That had Wisconsin moment all over it.
  13. Opportune big hit because he has been awful tonight as a catcher.
  14. Pratt hit .281 this year but if I didn't know that and went off memory I'd guess .221.
  15. Ground out, line out, whatever you want to call it, silly over the top call. He was less enthusiastic for either home run.
  16. Broadcast reacted to that Chourio groundout like it was Babe calling his shot. Just absurd.
  17. Is the Fox One crew the local San Diego team? For God's sake.
  18. Everyone is going to say you can't criticize he move because Uribe is Uribe but there just wasn't a reason to take Ashby out there.
  19. We simply just cannot retire that gnat, ever. Teams will be signing him just to hit against us when he's 70.
  20. I am not a big fan of taking Ashby out. He was on.
  21. Feels like a huge point in this game right here. You've got to get this out.
  22. Yelich absolutely sucks, but I'm not sure it's realistic to demand specific outcomes of anyone in an isolated at bat.
×
×
  • Create New...