Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

OldSchoolSnapper

Verified Member
  • Posts

    12,416
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    27

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by OldSchoolSnapper

  1. Nobody has any clue what's actually happening. Assuming it's even Rodgers holding anything up is a leap at this point. We have like zero actual information. I've literally heard the deal is done and no deal is agreed to. If I were a betting man, which I am not, the Packers want something thrown in if he plays in 2024 and they are hashing that out.
  2. Yeah I need to hear it from TMZ
  3. Even though I knew this was happening, my heart still sunk reading it. I accept it, but it's sad.
  4. FA starts Wednesday. As for as mental marriage to Favre because he is relatable, meh. I think way more of all of this has to do with media. We are, oddly, more detached to athletes than we used to be because we have insights to their lives now 24/7. Favre, if playing today, is popping up all over Instagram and Snapchat womanizing at bars. People deified them, all of them, a lot more back then. Now almost all of them get mocked and brought down to size for something in their personal lives at one point or another.
  5. I don't think Favre's fan reaction had anything to do with him how he 'identified' with people. The team had just recently been bad, 4-12 and 8-8, and then had just come off a painful playoff loss in which they very nearly made it back to the Super Bowl. So everyone's hope was to run it back at least one more time. It didn't make sense to most people watching why they wouldn't let Favre re-neg when they were THIS close to the big one. What nobody outside the org. knew was that they already thought Rodgers was really, really good. Like possibly better than Favre good. Few people believed in Rodgers, so the team's resistance to just giving Favre what he wanted and allowing him to come back wasn't very popular. It's also just different this time around, because most of the fans lived through a transition already, so the concept of the next guy being good isn't as much of a fairytale. People could be setting themselves up for disappoint there, but I think it's a real thing. People's memories are of the transition from Favre to Rodgers, not so much of the 1970s Packers.
  6. They were not a good team but they weren't terrible even if you completely remove their "run" against a bunch of crappy teams. They barely lost to some decent/good teams. They played Philadelphia and Buffalo somewhat competitively. I had the feeling in most games last year they just were not quite there yet with a lot of the developmental players. I think many of those guys will take big steps up. I think that they were a quintessential talented but very raw group overall. With better injury fortune they probably make the playoffs by a couple of games, but they did not have a lot of those anchor points available over the course of the year. I don't know that sitting Rodgers would have made a huge difference. Just Watson and Doubs alone with another offseason and more comfort is something I'm looking forward to. I think Quay Walker is good. I'd like to see Gary back too. Like I said, I think they have a good team. I don't think they are too far from being there again with or without Rodgers but we will see.
  7. I think that the team is pretty good and had a lot go wrong last year. So much so that if Rodgers did play next year I think they would be right back there again probably one tier beneath the true contenders. Rodgers also did not play really great football last season by any stretch and may have been hurt to a level no one is truly certain. I think Rodgers's first year as a starter is a good benchmark. They were 6-10 but lost a bunch of games on last-minute drives and were definitely competitive. No one really cared and wrote them off as a bad team, and they came out of nowhere the next year to go 11-5. So I wouldn't be surprised by that same kind of season but they could easily be 10-7 instead with a few good breaks. I definitely wouldn't write them off as non-competitive if Rodgers is traded. There are a lot of good players on that team.
  8. Just my opinion but I don't really find Rodgers to be all that weird. He does some mildly oddball stuff like a million other athletes all looking for an "edge" and happens to talk to his friends about it on a podcast. That show has snowballed so many things he's spent 90 seconds talking about into much bigger deals than they are. I barely consume any of it and hear about it when my Dad calls me to tell me why he hates Aaron Rodgers. That said I think moving on is fine. I wish him the best though - hope he wins a lot of games and another SB.
  9. I think it's pretty much a 0% chance Rodgers is our QB next season. He is too intentional of a personality to go through all this for nothing. Maybe it's the Jets, maybe not, but I just can't see that guy entertaining team visits for something he isn't going to do. Obviously it's not completely in his court, but I think both sides want a separation and one is imminent. Definitely feels weird. I don't sense a lot of sadness from fans. We are a lot more desensitized to sports heroes being traded in 2023 than 2007. Other factors at play, too, but it's still just...weird. I get the sense most don't hate AR but they aren't crying over his exit like I would have guessed many years ago.
  10. ^If you do bring kids to that area and show up pretty early, that is where they scout for little sausage racers. My son got picked and was hot dog in 2018.
  11. This post kind of depressed me (park experience) but I really can't say any of it is inaccurate. I didn't renew this year. I probably went too much, but yeah, it started to feel pretty lackluster. When I did my survey I listed many of these things and my rep reached out later to follow up. He said actions are being taken on food quality and price this offseason as they share the same concerns, particularly with beer and concession price. He actually used the word 'ridiculous' to describe the price.
  12. IMO, about 5 of those teams are clearly superior this year. I thought we were a bubble team for most of the season. Padres, without some of their injuries, would be even more comfortably ahead. Even if the Brewers make it, I do not think they have a team like 2011, 2018 or even 2019 or 2021. IMO, last season was more of a missed opportunity than this one, just having a bad week against an ATL team they were good enough to play with. It's baseball though. Anything can happen.
  13. IMO, about 5 of those teams are clearly superior this year. I thought we were a bubble team for most of the season. Padres, without some of their injuries, would be even more comfortably ahead. Even if the Brewers make it, I do not think they have a team like 2011, 2018 or even 2019 or 2021. IMO, last season was more of a missed opportunity than this one, just having a bad week against an ATL team they were good enough to play with. It's baseball though. Anything can happen.
  14. I am content with the season. Maybe not the right word, but, they are not that good. It doesn't feel like a missed opportunity to me. I don't think they are better than any of the 6 ahead of them. If they get in, someone blew it, basically. We are not bad, but not what I'd call good.
  15. I am content with the season. Maybe not the right word, but, they are not that good. It doesn't feel like a missed opportunity to me. I don't think they are better than any of the 6 ahead of them. If they get in, someone blew it, basically. We are not bad, but not what I'd call good.
  16. Philly is not playing well though. 10 games is enough to blow this. I'd think the Brewers have to go 7-2 though. Opponent quality matters least of all in baseball. The bad teams left on the schedules are probably more energized honestly at the end of the year when they have a chance to impact results. That's more exciting than slogging through July 20 games under .500.
  17. Philly is not playing well though. 10 games is enough to blow this. I'd think the Brewers have to go 7-2 though. Opponent quality matters least of all in baseball. The bad teams left on the schedules are probably more energized honestly at the end of the year when they have a chance to impact results. That's more exciting than slogging through July 20 games under .500.
  18. Wondering if any among our ranks have taken up overemployment with the Covid-remote job explosion, i.e. holding multiple FT jobs simultaneously from home...
  19. Saw The Batman. I have comic burnout, but am a huge Batman guy so I had to see it. Very, very good if you like the true to source material character. More detective and less brute. I have some nit-picky things but it's well done. It is the best depiction of the comic book character by a wide margin.
  20. The market is absolutely insane for candidates. I just took an offer. I requested matched PTO and countered saying the offered salary was not adequate. They gave me both. The next day, I got a request for another interview. I said I needed to know the salary before proceeding any further. Normally I would let that play out naturally but the candidates hold all the cards right now. My brother is an engineer around Milwaukee early in his career. He was making roughly $85k. A government defense contractor based in Virginia offered him a remote position for $125k after one interview. He put in his 2 weeks and management immediately matched the $125k and made him a senior. If you are even considering a move, now is the time, in almost any industry.
  21. Suit and tie is major overkill unless like, director at F500 or something. Even then, everything is so much more anything goes now. A nice clean shirt and pants are fine.
  22. Let's say you're a generic business analyst. My main point was more that instead of putting something like "assisted in building new marketing campaigns," you want something like "led campaign that increased year over year shoe sales 45%". Many, many people do the former, but the latter shows clear value and lends itself to discussion in an interview.
  23. I don't, but there's nothing they're going to tell you that isn't on Google or YouTube. All I will say is that today vs even 10 years ago, resumes need actionable things. A list of duties will not tell anyone anything. It's impossible to get specific without any kind of knowledge of position or field but for example: -Stocked shelves vs. -Managed inventory for grocery chain location that saw 25% reduction in food waste and top 3 net sales in market When you are specific about value added it is always better than just rambling about tasks. Shifting careers is easier if you can easily promote yourself as useful. Again, without line of work it is impossible, but sometimes it is as simple as YouTubing a new program, grasping a basic knowledge of it, then, well, lying on a resume and knowing enough to pass an interview, and learning it on the job. A ton of analyst/software positions basically end up with you Googling how to do things anyway. I'm not suggesting you fake being a software engineer, but things like SalesForce, yeah, you can totally lie about and learn as you go.
  24. I find Indeed superior to anything else. Especially recently they seem to be getting employers away from applying on their own websites and making them accept resume drops and brief applications. It's possible to apply to 20 jobs in 10 minutes. You can also just a post a resume there and recruiters will find you. I get a lot of callbacks even when I'm not looking. LinkedIn will be more useful in some fields than others. I would say that any objective field of work will do better on LinkedIn. If you're a programmer that knows these specific XYZ languages and have it on your page, you will be inundated by recruiters without doing a lick of work. If it's a more subjective field like general marketing, then LinkedIn is just a bunch of people blowing self-promotional hot air. It's another thing that was distinctive in 2007 but now everyone has one so it's useless. Just friends writing endorsements for each other and people exaggerating their duties.
  25. I thought Don't Look Up stunk. Just way too on the nose and starts to come off as smug and preachy. The Lost Daughter was just WAY too slow.
×
×
  • Create New...