Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. Rather than carping about the lineup every day, maybe it would be better to be glad that the Brewers have enough depth right now that they can afford to give players some days off without having a major drop off. Those days off could help to keep the team relatively fresh through the dog days of August.
  2. Why think about this today? Have they said anything about Frelick as to whether he needs surgery or when he might return? The only thing I saw was a targeted return in mid August That’s 3 weeks away and presumably is a best case scenario A lot can happen in 3 weeks, including an injury to one of the other OF candidates.
  3. The darkest memory of playing in SF was in early September 2014 when the Brewers got swept in lopsided fashion to wipe out the last of a division lead that they had held for several months. That kicked off a complete collapse that saw them quickly fall out of contention.
  4. I wasn’t paying any attention to empty seats but the announced attendance was a little over 39,000 which isn’t bad for a game against a nondescript opponent. A couple of things to remember about seeing empty seats on TV. First today was quite hot and humid, so a lot of people with seats in the sun might have moved to another location. For most games there are literally thousands of people who don’t sit in their seats. They get tickets in the upper corners and spend the game roaming around the stadium or parking themselves at one of the bars or lounges. Take a walk around the stadium in the middle of the game sometime and see how many people are in the shops or getting concessions or whatever. As for Miz pitching I don’t think that many people make late decisions to,attend a game based on who’s pitching. Miz pitching today wasn’t even known until about Friday.
  5. I think San Francisco is one of my least favorite places for the Brewers to play. I don’t like the late starts anywhere, and that park seems to give the Brewers problems.
  6. This inning was the awakening I’ve been waiting for.
  7. Cubs rallied from an early7-1 deficit but fell,short 8-7.
  8. This Freeland guy looks really impressive. How does everyone else hit him? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  9. You obviously didn’t see that first game in Las Vegas.
  10. Now that the distractions are out of the way, how about focusing on the much more important business of winning a game.
  11. I hope the Brewers aren’t shutting down their offense for the day.
  12. I didn’t say it would be a strict platoon either, but with significantly more RH starters than LH. I think Hamilton’s is going to be starting more than some here would like. Maybe like 3 days out of 7.
  13. I predict that Pratt and Ortiz will not each be playing 17 days in a row.
  14. I doubt if it will be that simple. He probably wanted to give Hamilton some games after coming off the IL and Hamilton will probably almost never start against a LH SP. Turang will be getting a day off once in awhile too.
  15. With only 13 position players on the roster, everyone is going to be in the lineup once or twice a week and everyone is going to get at least one day off. A lot of the players have had tired bats recently and sending them out there every single day isn’t going to help. With another stretch of 17 games in 17 days that includes 2 west coast trips starting this week, days off are going to be more necessary than usual. Better to accept it than rail about it every day.
  16. Déjà vu all over again. We were at the game tonight and it was almost a replay of the game we went to last Saturday. We often leave games early when they aren’t too close in part because one of my daughters has a 2 year old at home and doesn’t want to be gone too long. Plus I have to drive west to take her home and then come back to our house. One of my comments as we leave is “if they blow this one I don’t want to see it.” So, both last Saturday and today we left after the 7th inning and the Brewers holding a 5 run lead. In both cases the last inning and a half dragged on and I was within a block of home by the time Megill came in to finish up. If I thought Levering irritated me on TV, he REALLY irritated me on the radio tonight.On TV I can try to ignore him or turn the sound off and watch the game. On the radio I want an announcer to tell me what’s happening in the game, not listen to a standup comedy routine talking about movies and doing impersonations and only mention what’s happening in the game after it’s happened. Anyway, a good win and good games from Lara and Pratt.
  17. I think the Legends game was fun, Seeing some of the players from that era brings back some memories, and it’s good to see that those guys feel strongly enough about the city and Brewers organization to come back to do it.
  18. There is a pretty stiff breeze out of the SE today. That would be blowing straight in from CF.
  19. I don’t think that is right, By my count when giving up exactly 5 runs the Brewers are 3-7. When giving up 5 or more they are 8-24.
  20. For the last six weeks it has been below average if you go by runs scored.
  21. The Brewers offense has not been great for about six weeks now. But, outstanding run prevention and season long stats have covered that up.
×
×
  • Create New...