Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. Maybe he did what I would do in that situation. Say I don’t want any merchandise or anything but would like to have a picture of me with the player handing him the ball. Maybe they want the ball itself quickly to be able to authenticate it, but I would think it would be easy enough to arrange a meeting like that.
  2. That was only about the 25th time in the few games he has called that he mentioned that Pratt was looking for his first MLB HR. He had to hit it eventually.
  3. What a sweet win and sweep. I was already telling myself that winning 2 of 3 and not losing any ground to anyone in the division against these SP was a pretty good weekend.
  4. Probably. Even though he had one of the two hits and possibly the two hardest hit balls they had against Perez
  5. All Yelich’s fault. He needed to hit a HR. At least they made progress toward getting Perez out of the game.
  6. There’s the lead off man getting on base. and stealing second. And advancing to third Can any hitters in the middle of the order drive anyone in?
  7. Can somebody wake up Willie and tell him he can start watching now? Maybe the Brewers will at least get a runner into scoring position. I’m busy watching the World Cup final, which has been much more entertaining, even though there hasn’t been any scoring yet.
  8. My question would be how much extra time it would take for the calls to be communicated to the umpire and players. Even if it’s just a couple of seconds it would add at least a few minutes to the length of the game.
  9. Teams too. Braves fans can vouch for that. Questions or concerns about future events are really not refuted by statistics. And projections that are based on past statistics aren’t statistics at all.
  10. Yeah, I saw as recently as this morning on the MLB site that Sproat was starting Monday. Now that site shows Mis tomorrow.
  11. But again, that never seemed to be the OP’s point. It seemed to be a joking comment that the Brewers have been falling behind early so maybe it would just make sense to tune in later to see if they have come back. He can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he meant it as a serious comment to be refuted with a lot of numbers.
  12. At the risk of being accused of being an older poster who doesn’t believe in statistics, I don’t think these numbers are a relevant response to the OP’s comment (which I think was a little tongue in cheek but was addressing a recent tend, not a season long one). By my count the Brewers opponents have scored first in 13 of the last 17 games, and early 2-0 deficits have been pretty common.
  13. I think we could have an interesting discussion outside of a game thread on the subject of advanced statistics. I think there is a very important distinction between “believing” a statistic that measures past performance and evaluating what it means with respect to future performance and results.
  14. I’m an older poster and I don’t think I refuse to acknowledge today’s advanced stats. But I do think that they should be part of a discussion, and not viewed as the end of a discussion. There are so many of those advanced stats that it’s hard to keep track of what they all mean, what they are supposed to measure, and how relevant they really are. When you dig deeper, some of those stats may not be as meaningful as they are made out to be. It seems that if someone is trying to take the position that a certain player or team is good or bad, or better or worse, than another player or team, they can come up with some stat that supports their position
  15. I disagree with the “NFL mentality” analogy that people have been throwing around for years. It’s not that people expect the team to win every game. The way I look at it, every game counts. And today, today’s game is the only one that matters. And when a team has high goals and expectations every game counts more than for a team that has little hope for finishing over .500 (eg, the Brewers from 1993 to 2006) Fans know that even in a 162 game season playoff positions can be decided by 1 game. When I look at the IGT, I separate the comments that reflect an immediate reaction to something that happens in the game from those that make broader comments. It doesn’t take long to identify the posters who frequently make the latter types of comments and shrug them off. It’s also easy to recognize the posters who regularly criticize IGT threads in an apparent attempt to claim to be more level headed than the other poor irrational souls. If the IGT threads bothered me that much I would simply stay away from them,
  16. Yes, like any acquisition it comes down to price. But I would like to see it, Coming back to a familiar environment I think he could be rejuvenated and be a solid addition to the staff without necessarily being considered the ace.
  17. Nice win today. Good to see the offense break out with some 2 run hits. Great recovery by Drohan to bounce back after that frustrating second inning. Just scrolling through the thread I didn’t notice anyone complaining about Chourio swinging at the first pitch right after two walks. We didn’t stay until the end because 3 hours is long enough to be sitting breathing in “unhealthy” air. Heard the end on the radio on the way home. After appearing in 3 total innings on back to back days, I wonder if Yoho will be sent to Nashville to get a fresh arm for tomorrow and the Mets series.
  18. We are at the game and it is hazy. The dense smoke advisory went into effect at 3.
  19. Same lineup and batting order as last night except Lara 7th and Pratt 8th.
  20. Not surprised that Frelick went to IL. I was half expecting to hear that Contreras would be going after the incident in the 10th inning last night. I don’t expect him to be in the lineup today. Another tough pitching matchup for the slumping Brewers offense. ETA Contreras is catching again today
  21. This game was always scheduled for 3:10. They have had a few Saturday 3:10 games every year for the last few years because of the Fox TV windows.
  22. “Relief” win is a good word for it because it would have been very frustrating to lose after virtually emptying out the bullpen. This offense is going to be tough to watch as long as Chourio and Contreras are contributing nothing, Turang and Bauers looked pretty hopeless tonight too.
×
×
  • Create New...