Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. The Cardinals often play afternoon games on getaway days, but apparently that’s only when it’s a getaway day for them. Screw the opponent. This could be even more significant today because the forecast in St. Louis calls for a chance of scattered thunderstorms at times during the day and tonight. It might have been helpful to get the game in before any storms move in.
  2. Except for the 7th inning in the second game on Tuesday the Cardinals pitchers have done a pretty good job containing the Brewers offense. The two pitchers the Brewers have faced in the series who are part of the Cardinals regular rotation (May and McGreevey) held them to 1 run in 11 innings. Tonight the Cards start Pallante who (along with McGreevey) has been one of their best starters. Unless the Brewers offense can shake out of its recent malaise it’s going to be another grinder.
  3. He said after the game that he’s been having elbow soreness his last few outings. Probably won’t be seeing him pitch for awhile.
  4. That’s always a bad sign when a pitcher says that he’s been having some elbow soreness for awhile but hasn’t said anything to anyone. He should be going on the IL tomorrow to bring in someone else for this weekend and the first week after the break. Give him the two weeks to see if the problem clears up. It sounds like we shouldn’t be counting on him to be an ace for awhile.
  5. I hope Perkins didn’t unpack his bags. Lara might not make it through this game.
  6. I don’t know about worried, but I think he needs the All-Star break to regroup.
  7. They were always going to use more pitchers because their starters didn’t come from their rotation. Until the seventh inning of the nightcap they did a pretty good job of keeping the Brewers in check. They will need longer starts from their SP the next 2 days, and their closer is well rested. Would like to see the Brewers offense put some pressure on them early while Harrison bounces back with a good solid 5-6 innings.
  8. So, about 500 Brewers fans? Oops, I see someone else already made this comment.
  9. I hadn’t heard that but apparently they made that announcement today. Skenes and Meyer of the Marlins are also out as they are scheduled to pitch Sunday.
  10. I wonder if Gasser will be back as soon as he’s eligible to possibly be used in relief over the weekend. Levering made a comment that Gasser already had a quality start. I was hoping he hadn’t jinxed it because he could have lost it by giving up 2 more runs.
  11. For some goofy reason, when Markedman posts tweets they often don’t come through for me on this site. They often come through later, so I see that now.
  12. He isn’t being DFA he’s just being sent back to the minors. In Gasser’s case, I think he can be pretty sure that he’ll be back before long
  13. Actually they are winning games when the manager has been saying they aren’t playing well. I would like a team that scores 5 runs a game but the Brewers haven’t really been doing that for the last 10 weeks without the help of the games in Colorado and Vegas. They were 10th in the NL in RPG in May and 9th in the games since they returned from Vegas. At least the offense hasn’t completely cratered like the Braves have.
  14. It’s a lot tougher to pull the ball against a cross firing lefty unless he hangs one inside.
  15. Tough game for Chourio, Turang, and Contreras failing to deliver several opportunities to knock in runs..
  16. I’m not a fan of the vulture routine. Just get the outs and hold a lead.
  17. Ashby with a one run lead makes me nervous. You almost have to assume that he’ll have to overcome a lead off walk.
  18. I wonder with Mis throwing 100 pitches today if they will consider skipping his start on Sunday and having him pitch one inning in the All-Star game.
  19. I’m probably in the minority here, but I seriously couldn’t care less about crap like the major league strikeout lead and who’s leading the horse race for the Cy Young Award.
  20. Very disappointing to only get one out of that. No cushion for the pitching staff again.
  21. Quality start for Mis, but with the offense struggling to score more than three runs in 9 innings these days that isn’t enough to guarantee a win.
  22. How do those grades take into account ability to run the bases efficiently? Going from first to third or second to home is not just a matter of sprint speed.
×
×
  • Create New...