Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. If you want to see terrible strike calls in one AB, check out Rengifo against Edwin Diaz in the 8th inning today. Tying run at the plate and called out on 6 pitches wide of the strike zone.
  2. Might give them a shot at winning 1-0 in 10 innings. What a terrible 6-9 in the Brewers order.
  3. Nope. Getting several days of publicity as they roll out the free burger promotion is worth a lot more than what they would have given away.
  4. The last thing I am concerned about is what the Brewers should do when Hoskins is ready to play. So much can happen between now and then in terms of injuries or Vaughn going 1 for his next 40. I really don’t see them keeping two guys with such similar and limited skill sets.
  5. Yelich keeps his on base streak alive. It’s amazing that he’s done that despite looking pretty bad at the plate for about two weeks.
  6. In my book, a guy who bunts with a runner on second and two outs doesn’t belong in the major leagues.
  7. No more, and probably less, than he has faced in his previous appearances. While many fans seem revved up about the 12th straight win, I think the professionals recognize this as just one of 62 remaining games. He'll be under more pressure if he's called on to start the series opener against the Cubs next week.
  8. The real crunch is going to come starting August 15 when the Brewers play 18 games in 17 days, including the 5 game series against the Cubs. During that stretch they're going to need everyone on the staff including some use of the Nashville shuttle. Especially because they will be carefully monitoring innings for some of the starters, I don't think we'll have to worry about anyone not getting enough work.
  9. But, if you use a six man rotation, when the team has an off day every week, like the Brewers do for the next few weeks, then your best starters will only be pitching once a week. No matter what else happens the innings for the bullpen will be coming when the Brewers have to go an extended period without an off day, especially when they have the doubleheader in Chicago in mid August. If we’re worried about pitchers getting rusty if they go too long without game action, we should be concerned about Misioroski tonight because he has only thrown one inning in two weeks.
  10. Myers is being saved for a situation that hasn’t come up yet. Like needing to go to the bullpen very early or burning up innings after the team falls behind by several runs. Or maybe a really big lead late in the game.
  11. They don’t advertise it,, but if the Brewers were to win 12 in a row, they would almost be shamed into doing it or else face some negative publicity.
  12. If the Brewers go,on to lose this game I will choose to look at the weekend this way: While playing the World Champions on the road, the Brewers: Lost no ground to the Cubs Gained a game on the Dodgers Gained a game on the Phillies Gained a game on the Mets Gained a game (and maybe 2) on the Cardinals Gained 2 games on the Giants Lost no ground to the Padres or Reds Anyone who says they wouldn’t have been thrilled with that on Friday afternoon is lying
  13. The Brewers caught the Dodgers at a good time, but it’s probably good to be getting out of town now. Their bats are coming to life.
  14. They came into Wrigley on a 10 game winning streak and the Cubs pitching has completely shut them down
  15. This playoff race seems tighter than it often is. Only 8 games separate the top 9 teams in the NL, and the 9th place Reds are just 2.5 games out of the last WC spot. 5 teams are within 3 games of the league’s best record.
  16. I expect Frelick will be put on the IL and be eligible to return after the road trip. I would consider it a win if he is ready to play by next Friday.
  17. I'm one of the people who was in attendance for the tie game in 2002. I have always thought that all of the whining and wailing about the game ending in a tie was ridiculous. To show how much I cared about who won, I was already home with the TV on when the game was called after the 11th inning (not after the 9th like one of the announcers said last night). The All Star events in 2002 were a great experience and a lot of fun. First, we went to the fan expo downtown on Sunday morning and then saw most of the Legends game in the afternoon. On Monday, we arrived early to watch batting practice before the HR Derby then saw the Derby itself. On Tuesday, we again arrived early for BP and the All Start Game and surrounding activities. After all of those hours spent on All Star festivities, we had had enough after the ninth inning, especially since I had to be up for an early meeting at work the next day. By that time, the biggest stars had exited the game and some like Barry Bonds were already on planes headed for their next stop. The game was going to be decided by the players who were late additions to the roster and players who were only there because their team needed a representative. I was glad to see a 7-7 game with 25 hits and some real action instead of one of those 2-0 games with a succession of fireballing closers striking everyone out. The All Star Game was much more special in my younger days, when the players played for league pride and players like Willie Mays and Hank Aaron would hit at the top of the order and get 4 or 5 ABs. It was also a chance to see players we'd never see otherwise, something that isn't an issue anymore with all games being televised and interleague play. The game is still the only All Star game in a major sport that is played like an actual game. But still, nobody, including the players, really cares who wins. BTW, I also attended the ASG at County Stadium in 1975 and really enjoyed that. I was only 3 years old when the ASG was played in Milwaukee in 1955 so I didn't see that one. But I have seen highlights of Stan Musial hitting a game winning walk off HR in the 12th inning in his 5th plate appearance of the day. Years ago I did buy a program from that game at a collectibles show.
  18. I can’t imagine being the hitter, but Arozarena sent that sixth pitch to the base of the wall. There were a couple,of other hard hit balls too. I was impressed that, after all,of the hoopla, Misioroski was able to maintain his composure and pound the strike zone
  19. A goofy end to one of the more entertaining All-Star games in recent years.
  20. See my comment above. The Brewers league has lost the ASG about 80% of the time. I don’t feel like going back and counting but it’s in the neighborhood of 11-43.
×
×
  • Create New...