Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    18,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. I am sure they have smart people creating the algorithm and making sure it is effective. I am confident the Brewers aren't idiots and going to find themselves with a half empty stadium on Labor Day and cost themselves $1mil. This type of pricing is far from some new concept and many industries use it. Though as a business-ey person I see a few potential issues: #1 There is a bit of quirk when it comes to people like @rickh150. When you have one person buy it today for $80 and then someone three months from now pays $50, that can certainly ruffle some feathers. Mainly because I don't think most people are hyper aware this dynamic pricing is going on. If I am excited to go to a game and see it is $80, my jaw may hit the floor, and I may just not buy tickets. Even worse, I may just assume all games are that expensive. In an industry that heavily relies on fandom, this is a sensitive model to toy with. #2 This model doesn't exactly make people want to go buy tickets far in advance. The risk with that, if the Brewers decide they aren't very good, no one is going to want to go out and buy tickets...especially after so many years of success. Instead of people being 'stuck' using tickets they bought in March/April, they can simply just not even go. It is the same exact problem with a monthly service to watch the Brewers. By doing so it is very easy to just drop Bally Sports at any given time if they suck. Of course, on the flip side, there could be some good. Dynamic pricing like this motivates you to put a good product out there and hopefully win. Maybe even improving the fan experience in general. You certainly don't want to have dynamic pricing and have a crappy team that isn't fun to watch.
  2. Hiura is simply a terrible example or comp. Hiura had 300 ABs at the MLB level. His splits were extreme, his K rate was over 30%, and his BABIP was comically high. Not to mention he was a pile of crap on defense and his entire value was entirely offense. Despite some posters clamoring to lock him up, his demise was incredibly predictable. There is a reason he never got an extension. On the flip side Contreras has 1,000+ ABS at a premium position, All Star, MVP vote getter, and has Silver Slugger. Hiura would have been 6 years from FA and still multiple years from even seeing arbitration. Contreras will make millions next year in arbitration. Actually, Contreras could falter offensively, have a major injury, and still carve out a career for the next 5+ years as a catcher...even as a back-up. Contreras is set to make millions in the future with virtually zero risk. Manny Pina's career lasted till age 36 and he made almost $15mil. The bar is stupid low for catchers. Contreras is going to get generational money, that is basically an afterthought at this point. Unless you really want to cling to the argument that some catastrophic freak injury could happen. The risk is whether or not he makes $50mil+ in his career or not. Contreras can blow his knee tomorrow and the Brewers would pay him millions in both 2025/2026 regardless of performance.
  3. June 29th, lol wow. You can blame ticket flippers for this. All you see is the Brewers trying to get the fair price for games up front. Why sell tickets for $100, if they are worth $180? Just go buy on StubHub. If the price is comparable to StubHub, well, then I don’t understand why one would complain. If the price was cheaper (face value if you will) the tickets would all be sold out by now and you would be looking at StubHub already anyway. This is a good thing: #1 It means the Brewers are a hot commodity and people are wanting to go to games (spend money). #2 The Brewers are getting the money, not some sleezy douche bag ticket broker.
  4. The problem is, it is college sports. There wasn’t a good answer, thus why they did little to nothing. Could they have done a better job? Sure…maybe. You want them to pay guys (or let them get paid by someone), but also want the NCAA to fund crummy non revenue sports. Even beyond that, expect them to also prop up non revenue schools. It doesn’t help some schools a sport can have great revenue and another school it is worthless. People want the NCAA/Schools to baby all these different sports and baby the less fortunate non-P5 schools to protect the fantasy of college athletics. It’s really trying to put lipstick on a pig.
  5. I’ll wait for one of them to hit for longer than a week. None of these guys are worth penciling into a spot 3 months from now, let alone years.
  6. Very, I just don’t think people actually realize how incredibly accurate MLB umpires are. Of course 200+ pitches in a game and 95% means 10+ wrong calls. Pretty incredible when most calls called wrong tend to be mere inches (or less) from right. People have this very unreasonable expectation of perfection with umpires. Though I think the inconsistently between two guys and between nights can make it seem worse than it is.
  7. Oh, Storr is fantastic. I am purely talking about teams that would be looking to give him the money he seeks. I am sure there are plenty of teams that would throw $500k at him and would sit around and hope they get picked. However, it seems pretty unlikely that he is going to stay in the NCAA for that...not to mention if he does, he would probably just go back to Wisconsin. Teams rich and willing enough to toss $750k+ at him aren't going to wait around for him to shop it or ponder the NBA. They have money and they are going to go make sure they fill out their squad. They won't get left hanging by a 2nd-team Big Ten player. That isn't anything to sneeze at, but simply...he isn't THAT guy. Those teams probably have a similar or better player(s) already...so Storr isn't a necessity to them.
  8. Maybe, I’m not really much of an NBA watcher to know the likelihood of that. Seems it would be odd for a guy who isn’t very polished and a rookie…but probably has more to do with promising him the salary ($600k-ish?) than actually using him at the NBA level. At that rate Wisconsin’s $500k isn’t impressive and $750k isn’t a huge improvement over the G-league as a two-way. He is probably destined for the NBA at that rate. Any team willing to give him $750k+ doesn’t wait around for the Storr’s of the world to figure their stuff out.
  9. Storr really hoping some team has more money than they know what to do with and give him 7-figures. I mean, I don’t think he is even a 2nd rounder. Forgoing another year in college for whatever a G-league salary is seems…slightly shortsighted.
  10. Yah, I was pretty perplexed. His yard is big…but not big enough for a former MLB player to hit balls…and a 20 foot backstop isn’t stopping a baseball. Maybe not even a wiffle ball. I guess if I had that much money (especially if I wanted a ball field) I wouldn’t live so close to my neighbors the 20 foot fence was pushing the property line.
  11. JJ Hardy is creating a stir due to constructing a literal baseball field in his backyard including 20 foot poles for a backstop. While his neighbor lives within the City of Chandler, he lives in an unincorporated county island. Thus, a 20 foot backstop seems to be allowed. I mean honestly…what a gigantic douche move by Hardy. I actually can’t imagine being such a person that has no shame doing this. Anyone who knows anything about baseball knows balls are not going to be contained by a 20 foot net. https://www.azfamily.com/2024/04/03/former-mlb-player-building-mini-baseball-field-maricopa-county-home-causes-controversy/?outputType=amp (feel free to move this to off-topic if you see fit)
  12. That is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. The point was, Carroll mashed instantly at the MLB level all year...but he also mashed in the minors to the tune of a 1.000. Chourio simply held his own before coming the majors...so the odds he comes up mashing a .850+ OPS would be quite surprising in the grand scheme...aka, Chourio is probably going to run into a brick wall of reality at some point. I mean, I hope not....but I am guessing at some point it is going to feel like he is very overmatched once teams learn about him more.
  13. Hope he continues to do well however, Wiemer/Turang were both unstoppable the first five games and their 2023 seasons ended up being bleach in the eyes bad. A long way to go and pitchers are going to pick apart where he struggles. Reality is, he barely managed an .800 OPS last year in the minors...a guy like Corbin Carroll was smacking a 1.000 in the minors. So, I will temper my expectations still. Dude just has to keep his head high and battle through the struggles ahead...because they will come.
  14. Some of them did, including Murphy basically ignoring him...he got some casual high fives though.
  15. If you are going to throw three sliders in a row...best not throw it down the middle on the third try.
  16. Only shot at a DP was throwing to first and then second.
  17. He had a 1.500 OPS last year at this time. I mean...this is just silly to ponder already. lol
  18. This new parking really is too difficult for them to understand.
  19. Sounds nice in retrospect, but what exactly does this do? Kinda nothing.
  20. Fast forward to his FA and I am guessing baseball inflation would have him at $150mil...minimum. Plus a good $30mil or so through arby. He is going to have one heck of a lengthy resume going into arby. If he was going to sign an extension or get offered one...I think that would have happened by now. After 2024 he will already be set for life. The one knock on him before we got him was the fact he had never proven himself over a full season...well, that isn't a concern after 2023. Only way it really makes sense for either side is if we give him a giant 8+ year deal. I really don't see him signing a deal to awkwardly hit FA at 32-33 years old. That makes all the sense for the Brewers, none for him.
  21. Absolutely not. Someone else can pay him in his 30s.
  22. Brewers are reverting back to the old way of parking for the time being, starting April 3rd. Also, they aren’t trying to make it as easy as possible for you…they want to maximize profits. You can overdramatize it if you will…but it’s really not that complicated of a process to do. If you choose to make your life complicated in the year 2024 with a broken phone…well, I don’t know why you are blaming the Brewers for your choices. The least shocking part of your post was the end where you said you would never go to AmFam anyway. I mean, of course you’d have such a heartfelt opinion about parking at a place you are never going.
  23. Less than half a decade ago, 7 states required a six-figure income to afford a house. That number is now 22 states. The median priced home in America requires a salary of approx. $110k to buy. That gets much worse when those figures assume you can put down 20%. $85k if you are wondering, up $20k since 2020. In these 22 states, you need a six-figure income to afford a typical home, analysis finds (msn.com)
×
×
  • Create New...