I know the Badgers don't get a lot of NBA prospects so let me just say, he is very far from gone. Plenty of guys every year will go into the draft process to learn. Many of them have zero expectation to stay in the draft process...simply want the feedback from scouts on what they should improve on to better their stock. If I had to guess, I don't think Storr actually expects to be in the draft. Probably just wants feedback and maybe NIL negotiation.
Also, why can't they sit around and wait? Storr is arguably their best player, especially so if we are looking at next year in a hypothetical sense. Gard and Co. are going to say a prayer every night between now and then, NIL is going to work around the clock to get him back, and the Badgers would embrace him even if he waited to the last second. Is there really some valuable target out there to fill every open scholarship plus his if he were to leave? No...Storr is miles above what they would reasonably replace him with if he went into the draft.
I don't think there is a school in the country that is going to move on from a guy entering the NBA draft process without an agent after popping off for 17 points a game in less than 30 minutes a game. Definitely not Wisconsin.