Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    18,984
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. I am not sure Counsell really cares where he goes if he leaves Milwaukee. It will almost surely be highest bidder. I am not sure Stearn's existence in NYC or the Astros WS odds are swaying him one way or the other that much. I am guessing he wants to be in Milwaukee if they can pay him.
  2. It feels and looks like the Packers have little faith in Love to do anything. At the end of the game they didn't want to run it and didn't want Love to pass it, so they had a designed play for Love to just run it. Of course Jenkins then proceeded to get them flagged for 10 yards. on said play. Sure seemed like they were just going to set up the shortest 50+ yard field goal possible.
  3. The point was a veteran QB is probably going to be more accurate and more consistently. A veteran QB probably isn't going to throw up random hail mary to lose a game, go into the bye week, and then proceed to make an even bigger fail mary to lose the next game in even worse fashion. The fact Love made a boneheaded play like that twice in a row is kind of amazing. I mean Love is lucky he got the bounce of a lifetime to get a TD pass and lucky Doubs managed to come down with his terribly underthrown pass for the first TD. The later of which he maybe needed help from the refs to not call it an INT. Clearly sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for years was pretty useless for him. He looks like a guy straight out of college.
  4. Make sure to try some dog food jelly beans before you decide to snack at the Purina plant. You may think twice. haha
  5. If he throws it when he wanted to, which is the play design as Reed is simply blocking via a route, it is either thrown into the belly of the defender incomplete or an INT. Is this a bad throw? Idk...he is threading a needle between his lineman blocking #31 and the guy that jumps on the pump fake. On Doubs end he is behind the guy jumping when the ball is released. That rocket throw is halfway before Doubs can even register it is coming. This is a pretty tight window to be throwing into.
  6. The other night I had to order dog food. So I got onto Petco and by my surprise they were offering 50% off your first repeat delivery of that specific dog food brand (Purina Pro Plan). There was also no limit on size/cost of the bag...so the $90 bag of dog food costed $45. Idk...it ain't much, but the way prices have gone, it felt like a win.
  7. I was moreso confused why he didn't use the headlights on his car. Or did he walk to get the dog food?
  8. If we had a good enough game manager QB, I think we could have made the playoffs. It is kind of a miracle we are 2-4 and very well could be 4-2 or 5-1 if some luck would have broke our way. If you could minus Love and insert a decent game manager type QB...I think we are 4-2 right now and would win enough games to sneak in. A guy that can make accurate short throws, lead a team in a crunch, and not make epically dumb passes to clinch losses...yah, I think we could go over .500. Not that I really wish we had that situation. Fringe playoff team isn't really that exciting to watch.
  9. Yah, I imagine this will be apart of his decision making process. As a Brewer he basically has statue out front type support/love from the team. His job security is very very high. He won't get that same assurance in NYC. Cohen could fire him after a year or two and the Brewers might find a manager they love while he is gone. Then what? Bounce around the league hoping to stick somewhere? Be careful chasing the greener grass on the other side of the fence. College coaches, especially in football do it...and they realize that green lawn on the other side isn't so kind.
  10. Yah, construction costs don't help. I doubt builders have much interest building a house under 1,400 sq ft. Though most of those houses (at least around me) have basements with egress windows already on them and framed/pre plumed for an additional bedroom/bathroom. So that square footage seems small, but realistically, they are easily 2k+ sq ft homes some day.
  11. Glad I am not the only one who prefers some trees around. I just can't stand when they plop a sea of houses in an old farm field.
  12. I mean, that is pretty dramatic. Most of their remaining games are winnable. Lions and Chiefs are the only two I would mark up as auto losses. The rest are pretty winnable...and also quite losable.
  13. Yup, he probably would have gotten half the yardage on 3rd. 4th and 10 isn’t ideal…but giving up like Love did is even worse.
  14. Absolutely joke of a throw and he hurts his #1 WR as a bonus. Then doubles down with another pathetic decision to lose the game. Is Caleb Williams that good? We got some picks to trade.
  15. Absolutely joke of a throw and he hurts his #1 WR as a bonus.
  16. Welp, guess Love will actually have to do something to have a chance to win it.
  17. I’m not one to be generous to Love on anything, but I think that was a pretty good play on his part. Resisted throwing it into the belly of the defender and made a side arm ball catchable to his WR. Some may blame Doubs for not catching it, but that is a tough ball to catch when it comes at the wrong time in the route and magically appears around a defenders body at point blank range.
  18. An issue with the housing market I never see mentioned, look at new houses being built, they are never anywhere remotely close to starter home size/price. So even as we build houses, we are just fueling more inability for people to buy a first home. Houses are either being built at 'finally got debt paid off and into good paying stable jobs' prices or a huge portion are 'debt is gone, great jobs, dual income, either really wealthy or no kids' type houses'. I don't expect $150k houses to be built, but essentially every house in my area that is new build or close to it for sale or sold is pushing $100k over the median price for area/state.
  19. Marquette Basketball has 45k followers on twitter, Badgers have 320k followers. Marquette is a niche team/school. People need no affiliation to the actual UW school (not alumni etc.) and cheer for them because it is Wisconsin's team. Marquette is closer to being UW-Green Bay than it is to UW-Madison as far as following/interest goes.
  20. Bucks Brewers Badgers BB Badgers FB Packers Future Bucks - Bright Future Brewers - They have enough young pieces to be above .500 in 2 years Badgers FB - I don't think they will fair as well as expansion happens Badgers BB - I don't think they will fair as well as expansion happens Packers - I think Love proves to not be the guy and someone in two years is probably leading this team outside of him...and not in a good way. Veteran fodder as we try to find the answer in the draft. This is kind of a bold prediction as I am not sold on Love either way yet. But odds are always good the QB will be terrible versus a good starter.
  21. Well a $150million payroll average (between the Brewers and whoever comes to town) is $12mil per year in income taxes. $12mil for 20years makes up nearly half of that. Not to mention in 10 years the average payroll for home games will dramatically increase...let alone 20 years from now. $125mil for tickets sales ($43 average) at 2.7mil fans per year. Which again, inflate that ticket price over 20 years too. So yah, the Brewers easily bring in $500mil in economic impact over 20 years. You could probably get to that number through tax revenue projections directly at Am Fam and player/employee income tax. Let alone what is spent/built/done in the surrounding areas. Not sure what the Mariners situation has to do with us.
  22. Into what? Industrial? I mean #1 yikes and #2 those companies will want tax dollars to build there too.
  23. 99% of the reason is the fact of how ticked people are over the last deal. Didn't really have that issue with the Bucks. Though some were pretty upset over the Bucks too...because of how Miller Park got put up.
  24. Do you really think it matters? The people complaining don't read the details...they just start complaining. $1 of public funds and they aren't happy. That being said I think they have done fine communicating it. I mean really, what the public thinks it quite meaningless. Not like we get to vote on it.
  25. I mean, one could use hindsight and make a mighty list of questionable decisions Counsell has made over the years. Of course some of those are serious hingsight and all of them we don't know what the alternative would have resulted in. It is impossible to know to what extent he has hurt the Brewers in the postseason. The reality is, he is the leader and the Brewers have been embarrassing in the postseason. Mostly in cases where they were the favorite or at least an even opponent. Why does he get no blame in the postseason but gets all the praise for the regular season. Postseason is random...to some extent, yes.
×
×
  • Create New...