Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

beekay414

Verified Member
  • Posts

    481
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by beekay414

  1. UNO didn't play a ton of super high level OOC teams but they did end up playing a lot of OOC baseball during Boeve's time there so there may be a bit more to those numbers than just "well he played the Summit League." Competition was a lot stiffer in 2021 and 2022 than it was in 2023 though.
  2. Yes and no. Not entirely sure who UNO scheduled non-conference but, as a Wright State alum, we always schedule top tier OOC teams and Black held his own those games basically doing what he does now. Conference wise, absolutely, since the Horizon got gutted due to expansion since my days there. 2019 2 vs #10 Ole Miss, 3 vs #19 Oklahoma State, 1 vs #9 East Carolina (3-14, 2 RBI as a true Freshman in those games) 2020 3 vs #6 Mississippi State, 1 vs #1 Louisville, 3 vs #20 Auburn, 3 vs #11 Tennessee (8-34, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 2B, 3B, 5 BB, 7 K) 2021 2 vs #2 Vanderbilt, 3 vs #23 Alabama, NCAA Tourney vs #2 Tennessee and Duke (8-23, 3 HR, 6 RBI, 2B, 7 BB, 5 K)
  3. Depends who they saw him against. If they saw him play high level competition, they may have seen a lot of weak contact but he's able to spray against lesser arms. I don't imagine a lot of people watched a ton of UNO games. I think his swing profile is a low impact one but I haven't watched a ton of him. We've had some success with my man Tyler Black so I guess I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Boeve since they both have similar compact swing paths and hand speed.
  4. Not a fan. Low level of competition with no real standout tool and a low impact swing. Just don't see it with this kid to take him in the 2nd round. EDIT - Actually, I should give the kid more of a chance with the success we've had with a similarly profiled player in Black.
  5. I have no problem double dipping at 3B. Still a shot that Wilken ends up at 1B or DH long term.
  6. I really want Nolan Schanuel but I doubt we'll place 1st round value on someone that's a 1B/COF type. Kid can flat out rake. Real chance to add some real good talent to this system tonight. I'm excited.
  7. Not sure, but probably because of the slanted way you phrased that. Not slanted in the slightest. It's the truth. Lots of swing and miss in all three bats.
  8. Absolutely beautiful deal. 3 high risk bats and a high risk arm for a cheap, cost controlled all star. How anyone can be mad at that is beyond me.
×
×
  • Create New...