Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

long ball

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,238
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by long ball

  1. Man, I don't know if I've ever seen a first baseman in the MLB whiff on a throw like that.
  2. I love that about half of the Brewers position players are a threat to steal bases/take extra bases. (hitting homer would be fun too, but if we can't have that, stolen bases are at least a plus)
  3. Interesting to see Peguero go 2 full IP. He only recorded 6 outs 2 times last season. I wonder what his role will be out of the pen this season. Obviously we saw Megill get the 7th yesterday when that was Peguero's main role for much of last season,
  4. this is great and what I was expecting. thank you. i'll keep playing around with it to see if I can find my way here too,
  5. I was hoping to filter out just the called strikes
  6. I'm playing around on baseball savant and cant find the called strike chart. anyone know where to find it? brooks baseball isn't loading for me.
  7. I’m a little surprised he’s got Chourio in the leadoff spot. Kinda thought they would “ease” him in and have him batting 7-9 somewhere. But heck ya, let’s get after it from day 1.
  8. Most of position players at the fringe of the roster have options except Haase and Bauers. Arroyo too, but he's a NRI. The Brewers will likely try to preserve depth as much as possible. Something that got brought up in the Sanchez thread that I wasn't aware of was that Haase is on a split major/minor deal. He'd have to clear waivers to go to the minors, but a little less of a financial commitment if he ends up in AAA to start the year. The pitching staff has a little less flexibility than we've seen in past years, but there are enough guys with options to run the bullpen shuttle squad as needed.
  9. I hadn't seen that it's a split deal. Looks like he'd still need to clear waivers to get sent down, but there's some financial flexibility there. Hearing this, I think it's less likely they keep all 3 on the big league roster coming out of spring (assuming all 3 are healthy)
  10. Admittedly this isn't super exciting, but he's probably a better option than Haase. As other posters have pointed out, Haase doesn't have any options remaining and he got a $1m big league deal. My guess is they roll out of camp with 3 catchers assuming all 3 are healthy and then put off making that decision as long as possible. Taking it a step further, unless he just absolutely sucks, Bauers probably makes the opening day roster too since he is also out of options and the rest of the 40 man roster guys like Owen Miller and Andruw Monsterio still have at least an option left. Would make for a super clunky roster on opening day to carry 3 catchers, 2 first basemen, and likely 5 outfielders. So probably wouldn't be able to keep Bauers and Haase for long if the team is healthy coming out of spring training. I'm not upset that they're adding to the options at DH, but it kinda would've been nice to just run out the young guys as much as possible to see what we really have in Frelick, Mitchell, Weimer, and to a lesser extent Perkins. All of those guys have options so they probably don't all make the opening day roster. I do hope Chourio starts from day 1.
  11. Losing Burnes and Woodruff in one offseason is rough. I would have preferred to ride out the year with Burnes and let him leave in free agency. I don't know anything about the players we got in return other than the 10 minutes I just spent reading up on them. Ortiz is most likely a better bet to be a long term solution at SS than Turang. Hall seems like he could stick in the bullpen and at the very least be a decent member of the shuttle squad which we need since a lot of our pen isn't going to have options. Bummer on Ethan Small. What a mess that turned out to be. I'm hoping they add some SP options here. I already wasn't too excited about Rea and Ross being the likely 4th and 5th guys in the rotation to start the year.
  12. long ball

    Pizza

    I haven't lived in Wisconsin since 2003, but I did go to Balistreri's in tosa a couple years ago with my brother in law and I really liked it.
×
×
  • Create New...