Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Goodness, that can't happen between Spain and Lara. Somebody communicate out there for crying out loud. Ridiculous.
  2. The Shuckers have scored a run three separate innings without a hit. Incredible. Did the Clingstones borrow RHP Yerlin Rodriguez tonight - I didn't see him. Hey now!
  3. Spain had swung at every first pitch in his first four AB. Did he do the same in his final AB?
  4. Do you have a feed now? My feed still proclaimed "Commercial Break".
  5. Yeah, that feed left with the Shuckers up 6-2 in what the sixth frame?! Nice touch. Classic Minor League viewing experience. LOL. Boooooo!
  6. The announcer just proclaimed that was the longest home run he has seen out to left field at the Columbus ball park. That shot went over the scoreboard.
  7. Whoa. I just saw that Luke Adams 2-run jack. My goodness. Talk about an absolute rocket shot. He has absolutely capitalized in consecutive nights on two belt high hangers. He expands his Southern League RBI lead baby. Whewwww.
  8. Ahhhhh, the Ollie Dunn is playing shortstop ?!? experience. He can't corral a hard hit one hop liner. Should have made that play by my eyes. Suddenly, the Sounds trail 4-3. AND, Mckendry is doing that McKendry thing where he is hanging all his off-speed. He is such a boom/bust reliever. EDIT to Add: Upon review, that's a pretty tricky very hard hit short hop at Dunn. I don't begrudge his inability to pick that. McKendry is just getting hit around.
  9. Well, now I'm knee deep in a vintage RHP Evan McKendry outing at Gwinnett. Dueling boom/bust relievers tonight for this ol' farmer!
  10. Hey now! He escaped! Woot. Swinging K. Well done, Nate. I had guests come over unexpectedly so I am just getting into the fifth frame @ Columbus 😅
  11. I am knee-deep in the vintage LHP Nate Peterson experience here in the fourth frame. Hopefully, he can escape with the 3-2 lead. He inherited two. He is showing the classic hangers and the classic inability to maximize in favorable counts. His hot and cold career stays right on its tracks. Dig deep, young man!
  12. I am so appreciative we get a veteran presence behind the dish for Nashville like C Jorge Alfaro. He is a horse. Just an absolute horse back there. So solid.
  13. Whewwww Zavi crushed that hanger. Just as the announcer was talking about the Clingstones starter able to touch 100 and sprinkle in the slider at 89-91, he hangs a belt high slider and Warren just crushes it. Glorious. 2-0 Shuckers.
  14. Meanwhile, 3B Brock Wilken has been hit by an inside pitch. He just walked for the 26th time in 2025. I believe that is the Southern League lead?
  15. I have no idea how Seigler managed to smack that long ball but man alive did he smack that long ball. Inside and chest high breaker, by my eyes, he gets in front of it and just rips it high and over the right field wall. 3-0 Sounds in the 3rd there. Heck of a hit. His third of his season.
  16. I am late to this party tonight so am behind in both games (I started from the beginning): Let me just say... That RHP Coleman Crow escape in the second inning was a thing of beauty. He was robbed of a glorious K looking at the knees facing the lead-off hitter protecting a 1-0 lead. That batter poked an oppo single into left field two pitches later. SS Cooper Pratt absolutely air-mailed a routine DP ball and throw to 2B - air mailing 2B Zavier Warren (nowhere close according to the announcer) and into deep right field foul territory. Men on 2nd and 3rd. Nobody down. Crow absolutely does not flinch. K's the side. His combo of curve, slider/cutter (?), with the ability to throw in that late moving heater anywhere in the zone is a zesty zesty combination. He has 5 K through two frames. Just really intriguing work.
  17. Ol' friend - Brewers starter and ultimately Sounds pitcher - LHP Eric Lauer gets the call back to The Show:
  18. Well, contrary to what you are asserting here, this Bucks squad says "Hold muh beer, Snappah! We got this!" I'm not talking about a series win with Khash. I'm talking about the organizational dysfunction and discombobulated muddied org vision. Ergo: They tried for two seasons to acquire the least inefficient starting player in the League as if it was some type of meaningful smart maneuver to replace an oft-injured aging Legend with someone who can't handle the ball; can't shoot the ball consistently (from anywhere); and is an unintelligent basketball player. To do so, they sweetened the deal with their best clear upside young talent? And, publicly, they purport it wasn't about the 2nd Apron? It's all absurdist classic Bucks org execution in every facet.
  19. This just in: The 2025 RHP Jack Seppings experience has been...ummm...not good? When you throw as low velo as the 2024 UDFA does, you can't miss the zone like he's missing early and often in 2025. i hate to say it, but, it just does not bode well for his standing moving forward. With this Mudcats squad, though, does it even matter?😅
  20. Well the Mudcats tied it up in the 8th via a selection from the "DSL Menu": Walk, WP, K (Bitonti), BB, HBP, pop out to Catcher (Walling), Balk, K (Walther - 3 K's on the day) 2-2. Top of 9. Hodges walked his first batter - never ideal. As surmised in yesterday's report: We do not see Dinges in today's line-up. I'm still going with that left upper hammy/lower glute as my amateur prognosis given what I saw in the triple and then stretching it out behind the dish in yesterday's fifth frame. Either way, losing his bat for Walther's has obvious implications. Sad face. After getting one out, Hodges now has runners on the corner via a single. One down. He has been in a bit of a slump of late on the bump. Hopefully, he can find his way out of this jam.
  21. Yup. Said it after his first outing. Filthy filthy projections are possible with his innate stuff and his wily frame. Very easy to see how his pitching is a bit like trying to tame a wild horse. But, man, when he's finding those moments in and near the zone...so intriguing.
  22. I've watched enough Bucks basketball in my life to know absolutely no lead is safe under two minutes. None. Zilch. Zero. 7 points? That's obviously not enough and if you thought other wise, no offense, you were fooling yourself. This is the Bucks. An incredible if not predictable way to end their season - I did predict a 4-1 series loss and, predictably as I also, well, predicted Doctor 'Glenn' Rivers made no starting line-up adjustments til way too deep in the series. The sun rises and the sun sets sets. I wonder who Glenn will blame this time? Surely, the injuries will be his fall back again, right? I still go back to: they traded a franchise Legend and their best upside prospect for two weeks of defensible 'Kooooooooooooooz' play before 'The Koooooooz' reverted to the insanely inefficient; unintelligent; truly poor NBA basketball player he is. The Bucks targeted him for two seasons. Mind-blowing. I'd extend that GM, if I were an organization. Just not an intelligent basketball organization in, really, any facet. I'll always love the Buckaroos because I'm a nostalgic schlepp. But, man, they are just not an easy watch and they really make it hard to care about the organization. I'm grateful I watched the Mudcats last night. 😅
  23. Peaks at the Meccage box score... Thanks for the tid bits above, gents!
  24. His defense had been fine - nothing spectacular but more than adequate in Low-A. He's quick laterally (as we night anticipate). Good reflexes overall. Quick to his feet. He is inconsistent catching the ball clean - ie he drops the ball (and possibly an occasional strike) from time-to-time stabbing at pitches in an attempt to frame them in zone. So he may lose some framing strikes as a result. His throw to the corners is solid but his throw to 2B needs quite a but more work - I imagine teams will try to challenge him here as he progresses. Several throws to the middle infield have sailed arm side into the outfield grass when I've watched.
×
×
  • Create New...