Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. RHP Peter Strzelecki's unfortunate DFA tour has continued in early 2025. Here's hoping he finds the right situation and the right series of events to make it back into a Big League Pen in 2025.
  2. I don't have any meaningful response here. In general, I completely understand the 2nd apron rationale and what getting under opens up. I would casually argue their mismanged projections and roster constructions got them there in the first place but does it even matter discussing these finer points? 😅 In general, the Bucks legitimately just make me feel entirely apathetic. Grateful I experienced a Championship run in my lifetime. Genuinely amazed they are paying three HC salaries and Doc Rivers is receiving the most money of the three. Genuinely amazed. On the positive flipside, the Bucks absolutely remind me of why I follow the Brewers org so passionately. I just love love love how they execute their Team vision. They certainly botch some personnel and roster construction things from time to time but it is hard not to genuinely admire what they manage to put together annually. A true ongoing annual feat of excellence in American professional sports. I do not take this for granted a single day of any recent season. To me, and this is just me, it is more enjoyable than the mandate of having to win a World Surrious to validate the team's worth. Their health of construction and organization philosophy and execution is what I am in awe of - behind the obvious allure and fascination I have with the players.
  3. This current Bucks experience feels like a Hambone Bucks era experience but you have Giannis' talent and you have Giannis' input also influencing the decision-making process. I don't quite understand the wishful internets thinking that this Bucks squad is an EC contender. They look every bit the part of another 1st round or 2nd round exit. They just are not a smart basketball team and they are not led by a smart HC. Kyle Kuzma does some nice things on the court - rebounds and defends. But, man, he is a really maddeningly inefficient spazy unintelligent basketball player. The patina has worn off that first week or two feel good there. The Bucks traded away a franchise icon and extremely smart player and just threw in the most exciting prospect they've had in the entire Giannis era like it was nothing. This is just not a high-functioning organization.
  4. - OF Garrett Spain was assigned to the Biloxi Shuckers from the Nashville Sounds - RHP Zach Peek was assigned to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers from the Nashville Sounds - INF/OF Casey Martin was (officially and procedurally) activated by the Biloxi Shuckers
  5. Bad news for ol' Nashville and Brewers friend, Jon Singleton. I've been pining for RHP Luis Contreras to get an actual meaningful MLB bullpen opportunity since he was a Shucker. He had a couple cups of tepid coffee last season but continued his grind with a fantastic season for Sugar Land (where, surely, ol' friend Garrett Greene appreciated his work). Huge for him to make the Opening Day roster. Here's hoping he runs with it!
  6. Well, hello Mondays. Good grief these pre-season March days, season after season, continue to haunt me. There is only pain.
  7. I actually have an 0.856 OPS batting righty last season in Nashville but, regardless, you can find all those lefty-batting or righty-batting splits for any player via the MiLB.com main page Stats portal. We don't get Statcast for anything but Triple-A, sadly but we do get a wealth of compiled stats overall if you eliminate the qualifiers and choose 'All Players'. Here is a direct link to Collins batting righty in the International League last season (ranked 90th overall of the entire pool of candidates - no qualifiers)
  8. That tying PK? Goodness what a deke...
  9. Indeed. Tho, I certainly hope and pray we Brewers fans are even further removed from that 1977 record spiritually and psychologically. I'm kind of into this post-season contending thing. The current Yankees have a banged up pitching staff. So do the Brewers but I think the Crew have more horses to handle it in the interim. Here's hoping for an entertaining series win.
  10. Collins is a switch hitter. In theory, he has a solid chance against both lefties and righties. As we all know, he has yet to prove he can hit MLB hitting. As we all know, last season's sample was absurdly small.
  11. And here I thought I was clicking on an article about Babe Capra. Sigh. Click bait!
  12. I have to say, I thought they'd go Durbin. I am very pleased they went Collins, Capra, and Bauers. Bauers earned it this spring with an improved approach. I support these moves.
  13. Short answer: I like it. I've liked it. I've been pushing for a shift to the OF for nearly a year. I've explained my reasoning in other threads but I think it's the most sensible option given his ongoing inconsistencies and struggles in the compressed infield space.
  14. Just dropping this here. Didn't make sense the day of the trade. Doesn't make sense as the regular season winds down. How do you just throw in this type of player with a first round pick swap to boot and a veteran leader in Middleton for an inefficient player of Kuzma's ilk? The Bucks have rarely ever understood asset management. They continue to struggle mightily in this regard. AND, if you are going to trade for Kuzma one would imagine (especially with Sims' injury) you play around with Giannis 5 line-ups. BUT, you have Doc Rivers as your head coach. The pain is real. The more things change the more they stay the same with the Bucks. Thank the basketball gods Giannis scored a 50-Piece championship nugget. That will soothe my decades of Bucks fandom pain the rest of my days. When you take that Bucks medicine, however, there are definitely side effects. 😅
  15. In a vacuum? Absolutely. And, historically they have flavor - sabor. The issue is strictly from a report writing perspective here. I don't even have to copy and paste 'Uno y Dos'. As easy as 1,2,3...so to speak. 😅
  16. Of Note in the linked 2025 Media Guide? Ginger Poulson's Roster: Luke Adams Josh Adamczewski Joey Broughton Ethan Dorchies Bishop Letson Nate Peterson Griffin Tobias Cameron Wagoner
  17. I see we have potentially moved from the Cerveceros Uno y Dos to the Cerveceros Azules y de Oro. Muy interesante. (Not really...but will be a minor pain when trying to be cheeky with word play as the season and game-to-game write-ups have gone on for weeks in the upcoming DSL reports)
  18. Back to Transactions... - INF Andruw Monasterio was optioned to the Nashville Sounds by the Milwaukee Brewers
  19. Well, I don't know if you missed it per se. He was placed on the 7-Day in early August. Then was converted to the 60-Day and missed the remainder of the season. However, he was procedurally activated off that 60-Day when the season ended. I had hope he would recover in time for the season but obviously he did not. Maybe A-Rob alluded to this earlier but I'm an aging geezer and have not tracked it.
  20. Yes, when I watch Ferguson I see a more football athletic actual route runner. Vast difference. We're going to disagree on this. We do disagree on this. You could go on, sure. I'm basing my opinions on watching Luke Musgrave play (albeit limited in 2024) NFL football. And, frankly, I think we're watching a different NFL player. 😅 He didn't just fall once. Musgrave was repeatedly falling in the open field during his rookie season - the joke was funny because it was also quite true. Anywho, I'm going to continue hoping for a breakout of some kind - any kind, really. I'm not anticipating it. And, well, that's no big deal. Being a successful professional athlete is a very very hard proposition. I don't begrudge Musgrave one iota - he seems like an extremely likable guy. I just think, in the version we've seen of him to date, he's not all that impactful on the football field.
  21. I've sent this inquiry to 'DOBE' (The Department of Brewers Efficiency) to see if we can't get a straight answer.
  22. RHP/1B Quinton Low has been placed on the Full-Season IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP Eric Prado has been placed on the Full-Season IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP Fray Morelo has been placed on the Full-Season IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP Enniel Cortez has been placed on the Full-Season IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP Jason Woodward has been (officially - tho, we obviously discussed this earlier) placed on the Full-Season IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP J.B. Bukauskas has (officially) been placed on the Full-Season IL by the Nashville Sounds RHP Yorman Galindez has been placed on the 60-Day IL by the Carolina Mudcats RHP Alexander Vallecillo has been placed on the 60-Day IL by the Carolina Mudcats LHP Thomas Pannone has been placed on the 60-Day IL by the Nashville Sounds RHP Jake Polancic has been placed on the 60-Day IL by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers RHP Cameron Wagoner has been placed on the 60-Day IL by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers In less hurtful transactional news... LHP Joey Broughton has been officially assigned to the ACL Brewers - Woot Woot! RHP Brailin Aguirrez - a 17-year-old Dominican hurler - has officially been signed to a ML contract (he has yet to be assigned to the Uno or Dos, fwiw)
×
×
  • Create New...