Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. I have to think LHP Mason Molina is the first bullpen bullet in the chamber at Lake County Tuesday evening. He's been phenomenal to date. He is ready for the moment. Would be a fun change of pace after Cornielle. Awesome to hear Pratt shower praises on Areinamo as one of the best he's ever played with.
  2. After scuffling for a couple starts, RHP Chad Patrick has put forth his best 2023 RHP Tobias Myers impression: pitching quite easily his best outings of his season (is a season filled with good outings) as the season comes to an end. 31% whiff rate on the evening. He is further solidifying his very likely roster add when this season ends.
  3. 21-year-old 2024 6th Rdr RHP Chandler Welch is certainly looking like a gamer early. After tonight - in two outings between Carolina and Wisconsin - 3 1/3 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K. With a healthy Woodward returning in 2025 you have to absolutely love the prospects of adding this version of Welch and Molina. Studs.
  4. Oh hey! Nashville won in Xtras 2-1 and RHP Craig Yoho picked up the Dub.
  5. Man, you have to absolutely LOVE the step up we've seen in Indy signing RHP Tyler Bryant. Yes, he's 25 years old and will turn 26 years old in January. But, I think its fair to say with a solid off-season of continued growth he'll start 2025 in Biloxi. He closed out tonight's 5-4 dub with a 97 heater high and outside for the swinging chase K. Including tonight, he is now 5-for-5 in SVO as a T-Rat. High-A hitters are hitting a woeful 0.163 BAA. He's doing everything he needs to do to validate the organization's trust. At this point, I have to imagine he'll go the route of Meeker and Gardner before him and head to Australia then open up in Biloxi to start next season. He's unafraid with his heater. I'd personally love to see him take a Gardner-like leap with his off-speed kit.
  6. Here's my 2024 RHP Ryan Birchard scouting report: Walks way too many guys After tonight's 5 BB in a mere 1 2/3 IP, he is up to a woeful 25 BB in just 23 IP on his season. Batters were hitting 0.390 against him in High-A and he was sporting an unsightly 2.90 WHIP. One, might ask why he got the starting nod (or was even considered) over Cruz. I don't know. I think his line was absolutely predictable.
  7. No excuses. I have to go back and review my pre-game post routine. I think I took it for granted today. Went through the motions. I'll go back and review the post and come back stronger. Fresher. Renewed. No excuses. I can't let Murf say my words for me. I have to be my own man.
  8. A series sweep is rife with potential today. BUT, alas, only if we score more runs; play better defense; swing a better stick; and pitch with more proverbial purpose. Let's go ahead and do that, Brewers. Lay down some heavy brewses and make that WC race a bit more exciting. While we're at, why don't the Dodgers go ahead and get absolutely shellacked. May it be so. This is the way.
  9. I need to stay away from kicking comments.😂
  10. I continue to believe wholeheartedly Narveson has the make-up and the tools to become a really good NFL kicker. Please, please, PLEASE be so.
  11. I know y'all are excited about Yeli in the booth. That's cute. But...we all know. I don't make the rules.
  12. Thank goodness Biloxi clinched. They got a vintage LHP Adam Seminaris 1 2/3 IP spesh. Man, he has realllllly struggled as a fill-in starter. They did get a much-needed solid start from him last week. Tonight? Yeeeesh. The Southern League South Division second half champ very much fit the description of backing into the playoffs.
  13. I dunno if I've made the cut today but here I am in Service to the 'Win' column. I am mid-harvest but my thoughts are elsewhere on the diamond. Brewers, my Brew Bros...Dudez... Let's have a game without fear and a game where we make our mark on the Standings and the hearts of millions. A game where the casual becomes a devotee to the cult of Bernie. To this end: (1) Let us score more runs than the Diamondbacks (2) Let us pitch with purpose and aggression where the zone is tickled and pummeled turning heat maps blue (3) Let us defend like the 300 year old tortoise shell wandering the Arizona deserts (4) Let's win One for Hank across that Rainbow Bridge It. Is. Time. To think the unthinkable. To achieve the impossible. Let's sprint from those starting blocks on that run to Glory. And so it is. This is the way.
  14. Ahhhh the sweet sweet Sounds of mid-September. When there is no threat of a possible 9-11 game slate. Life is good in the late season!
  15. The rules are simple. I post in the GT before the game begins...the Brewers win. I don't make the rules.
  16. Sounds win on a walk-off baby. Who got the rally started? None other than C Brian Navarreto. He opened the 9th with a single. Noah Campbell pinch ran. Zamora HBP. Sets the stage for 2B Vinny Capra to come through in the clutch with two down:
  17. Can the Sounds turn this series around? They trail 2-0. They turn to their new Ace in RHP Mitch White.
  18. I'm just here reporting for Duty. 1) Let's score more runs than the D-Backs 2) Let's pitch better. Let's hit more better. 3) Let's gain ground on the Division Crown and the first round Bye Easy peazy. And so it is.
  19. Let's Not Forget About Mr. Peterson: Now that I've showered praises on RHP Mitch White, let's get back to the Shuckers and the recent form of a suddenly surging LHP Nate Peterson. Peterson has always had the tools to make it work at Double-A, he simply struggled with consistency. His off-speed tool kit is really quite nice, but it lacked polish - he was hanging all too many pitches (in favorable counts, often) over the heart of the plate. He has a really nice ride and rise on his heater which can keep hitters on their heels. It's really quite a nice pitch with solid velo and quite often gets swings chasing out of the zone. But, it was the off-speed in and around the zone causing him to experience more up and downs than prolonged success. This also resulted in too many balls leaving the park - in 64 1/3 IP coming into August he had allowed a whopping 16 HR. Then the calendar flipped to August and the light started turning on. He has only allowed 1 HR since August 1st. One. In 23.0 IP. Extrapolating that out as an overlay over his previous 64 1/3 IP you can see the obvious difference. In his past two outings as a starter for an overstretched and injured unit? 11.0 IP, 7 H, 3 BB, 11 K, 1 ER. He has been fantastic of late. His improvements in the late-season are a massive boon to the Shuckers staff in their upcoming three game set versus the Biscuits. Let's see if he can keep it rolling tonight!
  20. For reference: RHP Mitch White had spent the entire season with the Brewers as a reliever - making his first appearance as a Brewers on May 13th. He was DFA'd to the Sounds May 30th. When the calendar flipped to August? He was sporting an 8.20 ERA as a member of the Sounds bullpen. This is where it all gets interesting... In 5 GS since his last relief appearance on 8/3 (a 3.0 IP, 1 H, 5 K master class), White has pitched: 23 2 /3 IP allowing 17 H, 8 BB, 1 HB, 25 K, 1 HR, and 6 ER. Including the relief appearance in early August, he held opposing hitters to a measly 0.189 BAA with a 0.95 WHIP while sporting a 2.14 ERA. Dominant. In September, in one start: 0.190 BAA, 1.00 WHIP, 1.50 ERA. This is one of the more absolutely fascinating storylines of this 2024 Minor League season. He's putting himself in the conversation for an end-of-the-rotation MLB starter in 2025. And, it could be with the Brewers. How he continues to execute to close his season means everything for his next contract. Hence, why this gif has been in muh mind every time he takes the bump:
×
×
  • Create New...