Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Sugarrayray

Verified Member
  • Posts

    554
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Sugarrayray

  1. Well, they could have the best farm stocked full of mashers in the world, it still doesn’t change the fact that have not developed one single difference making offensive player who has proven it at the major league level. The Brewers have a fantastic farm system that is deep and wide and have been developing pitchers for years now. But it is not necessarily disparaging to point out an industry accepted fact that the Brewers have had a giant hole in their system at developing hitters for almost a decade. And I am of the mind that that narrative will change this year or next, finally. But until then, it still stands.
  2. Also I have so much faith in the Brewers to get the best out of a pitcher, but for some of the penny pinching moves they’ve done, I think this is too much money for a guy like Junis. He seems like long relief is his best spot.
  3. I actually would be upset if Gasser is not in the bigs to start the year. Technically he has proven more at AAA than probably any pitching prospect in baseball right now. Sending him back again is the kind of thing that can mess with a prospects head. I like depth signings, but if guys like Junis and or Ross are blocking Gasser’s development, not only is that pretty un-Brewers like, but also seem pretty counterproductive. Especially in a year that is somewhat of a “soft rebuild” where they’re letting the young guys play. Can anyone explain to me what I’m missing?
  4. 😳🫣🤔😖😤😠🤬 I’d be having hard words with said editor if I were you! Haha.
  5. I have thought for a long time (and have stated thus on this site before he was a turncoat) that I believe Craig had a lot to do with the Brewers players consistently playing to the low end of their offensive ability in the last several years. I do believe more should have been invested by the front office on that side of the ball, but Craig’s constant lineup shuffling and musical chairs really hurt players’ offensive rhythm in my opinion. Often times someone would find themselves batting 7th or 8th one day, then have a week off, only to find themselves penciled in to the lineup batting 3rd the following day. I just don’t think that helps players find rhythm and timing. Throughout years of offensive underperforming, there was a GM change, players changes, hitting coach changes, Craig was the one constant. I’m not putting all their offensive woes on him, I’m just saying unlike his handling of pitching and locker room, offense is the one place he made the team worse and not better. I am keen to see how a new manager might impact this offensive staleness and see if anyone performs to the best of their abilities on offense instead the lower end.
  6. Well said. And may I say, the use of gallimaufry was absurdly fantastic. I have to say, it’s hard for me to imagine Adames, even amidst a better year than last year, drawing that much interest at the tradeline. I just can’t imagine that many teams giving up a lot of value because they think Willy’s the missing piece over 2 months. I could see, however, a team wanting his stout defense for the entire season. I just think unlike pitchers or guys with a year and a half left on their contract, Willy would be worth trading mid season. I think they should unload him now and let Ortiz run with it! He’s got nothin left to prove at AAA.
  7. Very interesting points to be sure. You are right on the money with Craig. These types of things will be interesting to watch for change in the near future.
  8. I remember wanting the Brewers to draft DL Hall. The Brewers pitching magic might be able to get him to reach his starting potential, but its so tempting to let him fly as a lefty reliever.
  9. Yes he has a full slate of pitches, and occasionally changes arm angle. That is why even though I agree with this article for the most part, I would actually like to see Ashby in this role as apprentice. Coming back from myriad arm issues, combined with the fact that he really is only a three pitch pitcher and has performed better in the bullpen, I think he needs to be brought along very slowly and handled with care. Gasser has already proven he can handle a large workload and retain his stuff throughout a long season of starts.
  10. I wouldn’t mind any of those moves save Trevor Bauer. I would have to consider suicide if I ever found myself rooting for him :(
  11. This is some absurdly wonderful stuff. Gets me hyped wayyy too early. Thank you for providing it :)))
  12. Does anyone know why Gasser isn’t making his last start?
  13. Ahh thank you! I’m glad to hear that which means it’s likely that he should be good to start fresh next year then.
  14. Hey does anyone know what happened to Blalock a few weeks ago or why exactly he was shut down?
  15. From what I’ve seen and read about Avina, I’m a big fan of his as a player and a person.
  16. Does anyone know what Joseph Hernandez is on the IL for and how long? Thanks everyone.
×
×
  • Create New...