Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Trax

Verified Member
  • Posts

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Trax

  1. I have no doubt Murphy will manage fine. My doubts are with Weeks.....prove me wrong I hope.
  2. If they were all hitting (big if) I'd like to see Mitch, Wiemer, and Chourio starting in the outfield IF Frelick was starting infield with Yelli DH. Now wouldn't that be a big X factor.
  3. This contract is a risky investment but not a bank breaker by any means. Nobody more deserving than Woody, good luck to him. Hope he's with us and pitching high for 3 years now! (knowing that this year likely completely lost but he'll be a great presence)
  4. Much simplified swing. With that new cut I'm not sure it's the same person though........😁
  5. Was hoping for this move. It will be very interesting to see what kind of money we're talking here.
  6. Not sure this is the guy in return for Adames but we do need to move him if we can get equal or better value and we DO need to add a MLB starting quality arm either thru trade or a big FA signing.
  7. I would start Yelly leadoff but I would as the year went on arrange my lineup based on current production. Chourio if he develops quickly will likely end up at 3 but you sure don't want that pressure on him right away. Make the players including the high paid ones EARN their slot. If Yelly is hitting with some real power then move him to 3, Black and Frelick are natural lead off guys.
  8. Definitely extend him now if it's with a reasonable team friendly deal. You can always move him later if need be. Otherwise ride it out for now. Quero is the wild card in play here and when the time comes it will all take care of itself. One thing for sure is Quero needs to play, not back up.
  9. Spot on article. Hopefully the team can recover enough for Adames before the season starts to move him now. If not, it will be revisited throughout the season and heat up in July if he isn't gone by then. Far better IF we can move him now. No fire sale though.
  10. Adames should be dealt if we get the return we want. That is knowing of course we're not going to get a ton being there is only one year of control. That one year of control is the key reason to move him and as long as the return is noticeably better than the comp pick we'd get make the trade. I believe we can still compete this year without him and especially so if we can add a true MLB quality starting pitcher. You ONLY move Williams if you can get a ton for him. an over value type return. Period.
  11. When I saw this article I thought anyone is for sale for the right comp. This would be the right comp. Get a huge return like the one mentioned or stay with him for now.
  12. I hope the writer is correct when he ends with something bigger may be afoot. I'm thinking (hoping) that too. That would be in terms of signing an ace starting pitcher, spending some real money. Snell or Montgomery? Likely not, but someone who is a MLB starting pitcher without any of the doubt we have with so many others.
  13. No. Turang comes with team control and still is under development, The only way you move him is for an obvious over value offer which we won't get. We absolutely need to move Adames if we get a fair comp offer and now. If we don't get that offer keep him on and revisit it May-July. It will be a more must move him by then and for less than we should get now.
  14. This trade was about what I expected for Burnes, but I too was hopeful for more and Mayo was on my radar. Other teams were sniffing at Burnes too and apparently this was the best offer the Brewers could get. I would agree a goodly return but far from top end potential. It is Adamas's turn and time is running out. By trade or signing I would like to see a legitimate MLB starter added. I doubt Adamas brings that but here is where we could add a soon to be future power bat to the lineup. 3B/1B preferably. They are out there.
  15. Good signing, but hopefully we're not done looking for a true starting quality pitcher. Junis is far better out of the pen.
  16. Adames turned down an extension offer last year. Adames is NOT the heart and soul of this team, he is a short timer. Unless they get a whale of an offer (which they won't) it makes no sense to trade Turang. It makes complete sense to trade Adames. He will be traded very soon, or his trade will be re-visited in May-July. Better for everyone if it's now.
  17. I would question that Adamas could bring the return you mention, I'd be all for it. I'd be all for it with either if so. If the right return can be had Adamas needs to be moved now.
  18. I guess it all comes down to value for Adames. I believe the return for Burnes was well worth it. We got is worth based on 1 year of control. I would trade Adamas if we could get his worth, keep him for now otherwise. I believe some team will step up, and then we need to move him. The Brewers need to bring in a starting caliber pitcher. I'd love to see Snell or Montgomery, but they must bring in a quality starter of some kind. A Houser type maybe if they can't swing a long term contract with one of the above mentioned. Either thru trade or whatever FA may still be out there.
  19. Brewers front office has done all they can do with the salary constraints they have. It is absolutely pathetic that teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets and several others can do. If you want to fix MLB then mandate a hard cap like the NFL has. That ship has sailed. When TV viewership is strictly pay for streaming I will have watched my last game.
  20. Wow, imagine it if we could bring in Chapman. My fear is we'll be just hanging on by a thread in July for contention so won't deal Burnes or Adames at all.
  21. Hoskins gives us a nice bridge into this year and possibly the next. A lineup changer for sure. The team still needs to improve its hitting beyond this, and I'm still waiting for that improvement to be brought in with a Burnes trade. Looking unlikely for the right now. If he's moved in July it could be for not ready prospects. I really like a trade with Baltimore right now bringing us a young bat at 3rd who is ready but blocked, but it takes two to tango. Sometimes it takes 3.
  22. It's a fine line between framing and catcher interference. Contreras crossed that line a couple times last year. No doubt Haase can improve and he will have limited chances to show it.
  23. I want to see Turang as the starting SS, because I hope we can get a load for Adames now. If not, for sure 2nd base. I believe the bat can improve soon, and the D is spectacular.
  24. I would not LOOK to move any of these young cheap controllable guys, but of course their names can come up in trade talks. If we truly are going to start the season with both Burnes and Adames it's likely we'll start it with them on board too.
×
×
  • Create New...