Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Matt Breen

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Matt Breen

  1. That is mesmerizing... You can't watch that video without realizing that these guys truly believe in what they are doing! Thanks for the link, I might have to check into these guys. Wish it was in English, but still very cool! I turned on these guys to a friend last year, and he actually managed to see them live in California. Said they were awesome live. I believed they played Riot Fest in Chicago last year, but I did not go.
  2. I've enjoyed the album Caamp put out last year. It's folkie stuff - just a nice chilling out record. Couple of my favs: Bye and Bye: Peach Fuzz:
  3. So, if I'm reading things correctly, the cheapest way to watch the Brewers at home (within market) is Hulu Live - which is $55/month. YouTube TV is $65/month. Sling doesn't have Fox Sports Wisconsin anymore (which at $25 wasn't too steep a price). Phibo and FuboTV don't carry it either. Again, this is assuming I can't get the Crew on MLB.tv because I'm in market. Is that all correct? Thanks.
  4. My wife and I recently rewatched all six seasons. The back half is a bit uneven, but the first three seasons are up there as far as pure comedy with just about anything I've ever watched. I heard the same thing. First few seasons are great - season four is 'meh' - and five and six are good - but not great. Still, it's been fun. Just a really well realized show. Cast is really good, and each episode is solid.
  5. They're supposed to be getting ready to realase season 5. It was initially to be released on May 8th(I think) and due to the whole pandemic, they hadn't quite finished shooting. I got so bored I watched Hot to get away with Murder. It was not a show I was a fan of when I watched one a week, but when you are able to binge them and really get into it, it gets much better. Aug. 21 season 5 is coming. I read that they will give us 8 episodes right away - and then 8 more at a later day. Nice to get 16 episodes. Also, they announced there will be a season 6. They say that will be the final year (although they said that about season 5). It's funny, but Lucifer was canceled due to low ratings for Fox. But it really took off after Netflix got it and did the new season. It's supposedly one of their top shows.
  6. I've started Community. Really enjoying the first half dozen or so episodes. Great cast.
  7. Enjoyed watching "Lucifer" on Netflix. The cop procedural part is the weakest part of the show, but the cast is a hoot. A show about a hedonistic, crime-solving devil isn't up everyone's alley - but it's a lot of fun.
  8. Finally saw it this past weekend. Fully agree with you, Reilly. I really enjoyed the movie. It's a bit of a modern twist and a partial sendup of the classic whodunits. I've seen references to a potential followup/sequel. I'll be curious to see how well that might go. I think the plan is to just make another Benoit Blanc mystery without any of the Thrombeys. Which could be interesting. If they can make them nearly as good as Knives Out I'd be more than willing to see one every year or two. Yeah, I read it was going to be following Benoit Blanc - which makes sense. No point it rehashing the rest of the characters - their story is said and done. They got what they all deserved - no point trying to 'top' that. Plus, a new mystery and a new cast offers a way to keep things fresh. Daniel Craig looks like he is having the time of his life in the movie.
  9. I watched Knives Out again last night (had seen it in the theater last November). Just a really fun movie. Great cast. Not a typical whodunit.
  10. I can't believe someone else came up with this. I actually texted that to two of my brothers today. We all loved that movie. I still laugh just thinking about Max Von Sydow and what he must have thought as he made the film.
  11. Very, very cool. Hope you have a blast. You should post some photos for all to see when all is said and done. I bet a lot of people would find it interesting.
  12. Saw Knives Out this weekend. It was really, really fun. Not perfect, but a great time.
  13. Frank Turner is awesome. Even better live.
  14. Just watched the first season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Really, really good cop show.
  15. Do some rock and roll with the Struts. Start with this live rendition of "Dancing in the Dark" (featuring Tom Morello on guitar).
  16. We had a three strikes rule with regard to MASH. Strike 1 - Hunnicutt (Mike Farrell) instead of Trapper John (Wayne Rogers). Hunnicutt was just a lot more boring than Trapper. Strike 2 - Col. Potter (Harry Morgan) instead of Col. Blake (McLean Stevenson). Stevenson was a very funny comedian, and he played off the other actors really, really well. Morgan was fine as Potter, and sort of acted as a moral compass at times. But Stevenson contributed to the anarchy of the early shows. Strike 3 - Winchester (David Ogden Stiers) instead of Frank Burns (Larry Linville). Frank was just a brilliant character - it was hard to top that. Each of these three replacements were fine. The actors were good and so forth. But each made things a little more staid and a little more conventional. Also, when Wayne Rogers left, it made Alan Alda the sole star. And Alda definitely pushed the show into his own direction over time. In all of these cases, I think part of things simply reflected on the tone and writing of the show. As the show aged, the show lost its edge. There were often moments of brilliance, but they were fewer and further in between.
  17. I recommend "Bodyguard" on Netflix. Not the Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston film (that was "The Bodyguard"). It's a 6-part political thriller starring Richard Madden - aka Robb Stark on "Game of Thrones". Really nicely done, intense thriller. Not perfect, but really good.
  18. I've said this before about Yelich, and that is that getting out of Miami would increase his numbers. From 2015-17: In Miami: 783 ABs, .277 BA, 16 HRs, .763 OPS On the road: 873 ABs, .307 BA, 30 HRs, .867 OPS Based on those numbers, I expected Yelich to hit .300 with 25 HRs. Of course, at age 26, there was room to grow as a hitter. I don't count on those kinds of things, but I hope it happens. To me the really dramatic change has been his ability to hit lefties with more power. From 2015-17 he had a .715 OPS vs lefties. This year it has been .913. That's impressive.
  19. I looked at Yelich's road splits from 2015-17 and saw a guy who hit .307 with an .867 OPS. He hit 30 HR on on 873 ABs during that time frame, so I figured he was good for about 25 in Milwaukee. Plus, you hope at this age - 26 - he keeps improving. The results: The HR pace isn't exactly there (it's close), but the BA and OPS is right on target: .308 BA and an .876 OPS. I think he's been dinged up a bit this season, and that has affected him a little, but we are seeing the kind of hitter he is. I fully expect him to bash 25 HR and hit .300 annually over the next few years. And I think there's the potential to see him get better - but I'm happy at what he has shown thus far.
  20. I would not do anything - as much as I like Yelich. It's just too hard to see what kind of player Yelich will be in five years. I realize that Cain was entering his age 32 season when we handed him a contract, however, we got him right away - not four or five years down the road - so we had a much better grip on what he was. We just don't know that about Yelich. I'm not going to lay this decision on the Braun contract (although it is a good example of longer term deals like this failing). Instead I'd say this about pretty much ANY player. If you control that person through his prime seasons - up to around 30-32 - just be happy for those great years and don't try and go beyond what you have. The odds are against you. Also, there is always the chance you can extend said player when their contract is nearing its end - or even afterwards. It might cost you more to do it in four years, but at least you're more confident that the player will be worth the deal. And sure you might lose a guy you don't want to lose - but such is life. That's why you keep up a good supply of quality young players. It prepares you for the inevitable departures.
  21. Just wrapped up the first season of "The Good Place" with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. Very funny and very clever show. Highly recommend.
  22. Watched 'The Post' tonight. Good movie. Great? No. But a good old school newspaper drama. Really well done - great cast, beautifully shot, well-paced. Finally saw 'Dunkirk' last weekend. That was a good flick as well.
  23. Thanks for posting that, very cool indeed Yeah, that was pretty cool.
  24. Yeah, that's been something that's been brought up quite a bit. He should be thrilled to be out of Miami.
  25. The team just traded arguably their two top OF prospects. I think the onus is on Grisham and Ray to start fulfilling their potential. I imagine both will be at AA this year. Time to put up or shut up. Exactly. Let's see how these guys can do. The OF is fine for a few years - they can be ready when they are ready (if ever).
×
×
  • Create New...