Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

rickh150

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by rickh150

  1. So your logic is since “everything” else has gone up, then don’t complain when Brewers prices go up too? Wouldn’t it also be logical for some families to go less to games EVEN IF prices stayed the same from last year because of all the steep increases elsewhere in meaningful areas? At no point are any of us expecting ticket prices to go down, in general. We have been doing the ticket thing for ages and a small increase is normal. For decades. Many games have not had normal increases this season; they have been drastic. And the games are not marquis games and the demand is not there. And good seats go unused. And I absolutely love those comments championing those ticket deals for Terrace seats and food. Paying almost anything for them, to me, seems like a rip off. Maybe a late season meaningful game or playoff game would give them value to me, but staying home seems better. And the Flash Deal is good and all, and the tickets are Loge OF and Bleachers. Good deal. Yet it is still true to realize the prices were so overpriced initially for a early week series in April against the Rays.
  2. Just a few years ago it was $1….and it was $1 for about twenty years. But mocking makes the point too. Thanks,
  3. If I am in his position, I’d like my next 3 controlled years (2025-2027) to have guaranteed money yesterday and not risk injury without getting big money. How much would the team give him up front to guarantee his salary? They might even be interested in “saving” a little money and not seeing where arby numbers go to in the next few years. Would 30 million be fair?
  4. Freddy and a bunch of question marks……bullpen has been A+.
  5. https://www.mlb.com/brewers/ballpark/information/guide#u-content $5 now Window 7 Cash only (almost unbelievably in a cashless stadium….ha!) Enjoy!
  6. Not true…..at least not me or most here. Way to take it to the extreme. I have highlighted differences in how the Brewers have managed ticket prices THIS YEAR. Website price hikes in early spring for bleh games on weekdays and nights when demand is not high (just look at each section of seats and see how empty park is)….also how group ticket deal specials were cut significantly. This is different than the way they have done tickets before, and it is affecting the way I buy tickets. Going less like others have mentioned. ….and ultimately sitting elsewhere while the better former seats have fewer people sitting there.
  7. Brewers may do whatever they like…me too and you. For not in demand games where you can expect the stadium half full, I do not see the wisdom of trying to jump up prices even higher…and that is what happened a few weeks ago. And so many great sections have open seats….specifically 216 thru 220. Priced way higher. So empty. Also, I expect the Brewers place seats on StubHub too…. Back rows type seats in several similar sections priced within a few bucks of each other. Can’t imagine season ticket holders there.
  8. I meant the prices just go up. If they went up and down, I would have no complaint.
  9. Website prices do not go up and down. This isn't StubHub. If they went up and down, I wouldn't be typing.
  10. The majority of fans still purchase through the website or box office. The way that the Brewers are pricing tickets has changed.. and it is more than just slightly. That is what I am talking about. And the need for this to happen doesn't make sense to me. If you really want people to continue habits of coming to a set number of games, and buying in advance (the Brewers want this you gotta believe), then ramping up prices on games that are not in demand does not make sense. I will be going less like many others. Our attendance numbers are not anywhere close to what they used to be (08-11) because of it. Opening Day used to be an automatic sell out too. Not anymore. So many empties and people not willing to pay the price. And that is the heart of the matter.... squeeze every last dime out of the consumer to maximize profits or scale back a bit on everyday ticket prices to get more fans in the seats. Right now, it is squeeze every last dime out. And when attendance is so low, so late, then throw a flash deal out there to get more bodies in the seats. And yes, we all could buy Uecker seats or Terrace Seats and sit in the Loge down the line for games. We could all buy from StubHub/SeatGeek within an hour of the game, and we could eat at McDonald's or tailgate. There is no argument of what fans COULD do. The question is SHOULD we have to go to those lengths for it to be affordable or manageable. It's obviously up the Brewers, but it just doesn't make much cents to me.
  11. Well..... you are twisting this a bit. It used to be that demand drove ticket prices much more. Yes, weekend games, Cubs, etc. were more. And rightly so. However, the difference is that some games are being moved up in price that do not have much demand. Some Thursday games or Friday games are being yanked up since the offer is half price seats (First Fridayday and Kids/Senior Days). They used to never do that. It's hardly a deal now. Also, the Flash deals were mentioned before too... if the attendance is low, and it must be for early week April games against Tampa, the prices are slashed. Now applauding goes to the Brewers for that, but maybe it is because the price point was too high in the first place. If you want to go deeper with this, take a look at Group Tickets. No longer is there tiers for group dates (well, two groupings, I guess). It is basically a flat 20% off rate for certain dates and the others you are paying premium prices. I used to do a group or two every year. Some seats in the Loge were $10-$15 on certain days without many fans (Super Saver). Now, the 20% off just isn't worth it to organize and risk getting rid of them or simply getting paid. Regardless of your view of this, the price is very DIFFERENT. It's different with the website pricing, and it is different with the group tickets too. That is fact. And yes, many fans are learning that it doesn't pay to buy jacked up tickets in advance. They are going less and scoffing at the prices being asked. Throwing these flash deals will drive that point home to fans. Just wait for the deal (or simply watch on tv).
  12. Flash sale for Tampa games.... about $10 a game for Loge OF, Loge Bleachers, and Terrace...
  13. Hit well in 2011 NLCS when the chips were down…that negates most everything else for me. Coulda/shoulda got a better SS that year, sure. Knowing now that we didn’t make the playoffs for another 7 years, we could have sold the farm for a better SS and other pieces, as well.
  14. He hit about the same last April at this point…we’ll see how he does overall this year. Great to see him steal bags and keep the lineup turning over to the top. Also, I love that he can bunt! Huge asset late in games…puts a lot of pressure on lumbering relief pitchers.
  15. I find it interesting to think current/future viewers are being wooed by uniform styles. MLB teams have so much history going for themselves. Drastic changes to softball feel like uniforms is beneath them, imo. I’m not a fan of powder blue, but at least there is some history there with great Brewers teams.
  16. What a change at the DH spot! Brewers are around 300 points better there this year so far….947. It is a far cry from dead last playing the 6th OF or 3rd 1B there. Brewers have 6 HRs there already, compared to the 14 they hit there all last year. Hoskins and Contreras have really helped the spot. Take out Sanchez….worst hitter there so far, who also has the second most PAs there…, and the spot would be even better. But to CCs disapproval, the negative is our defense at that DH spot is probably lacking.
  17. Washing their hands? Maybe sit this guy down or have him as a defensive replacement….or even send him down to AAA at times. Or pinch hit in Game 1 with the bases loaded, yep. And all of those could have been the right call. But was there a lot of calls to get rid of him totally from the organization? That I don’t recall.
  18. Shoulda swept…we crushed outs to their bloops.
  19. Nobody is complaining about poor seats to the Yankees on an April weekend. I’m concerned about going to weeknight/meh games, and having to pay hiked up ticket prices. Demand isn’t high and this weekend’s drastic hike for several games is a NEW thing. Gradual hikes have been the norm for the previous few years…and only as demand to the game increases. i will continue to go, but It will keep me home more often. I do not sit in my typical sections as I had done from 07-22 for 8-12 games because of price already. I also have no interest seating in the Terrace. If I didn’t mind those seats, I would be fine since those are still very affordable.
  20. You are correct if you are talking about StubHub…absolutely. Have never seen Brewers website prices tank day of game. Those are going up continuously in past years and giant leaps this past weekend to various games. Brewers do flash sales when too empty, but then still the website prices do not go down..,,,just need to enter special code to get deal.
  21. I do not remember a time that prices went down with dynamic pricing, at least with the Brewers. If they did, you would not get a response from me. I would not have started this thread. For years, the Brewers said to buy early to get the best prices. If prices will possibly come down in the future before a let's say Labor Day, then so be it. I would say nothing about this whole process. The first time I saw any seats go down in value were this year.... the two games in August against the Giants. A few bucks down in the sections I was monitoring. So who knows what's going on. And no way will the Brewers tell fans to just wait out prices to get lower ones in the future. What they have done is a "Flash Sale" or other gimmick if there are too many empties. They hadn't been lowering dynamic pricing.
  22. And yet for my example on Labor Day, there are large amounts of tickets left and the tickets were JUST this weekend (not in February/March) raised to unprecedented levels. It's the same for most Thursday and Friday games, many not half full. I totally see it if demand is high. I cannot fathom why they do it when demand isn't that high yet. And no I do not think there are large amounts of people who are paying those levels. I saw it in the Loge Preferred sections last year for weeknight games... so many empties. Really good seats they would rather see go empty. It is similar with the food too... playing the maximize profits game and upsetting your base in the process. Keeping fans away from the stadium more or even worse keeping them away all together. So to buy Family Section 217 Loge Diamond Box (80% empty).. Monday day game for 4 = $352, Loge Preferred 4=$264, Loge Outfield Box mind you down the line= $228 So out of touch with the consumer right now. But, yep it is their right. Just saddening when they just reaped millions from the taxpayer and this is the year they choose to pull this.
  23. Labor Day, Monday 1:10 start Loge Diamond Box $88 Loge Infield $72 Not full, not packed.... largely not sold tickets yet. Crazy different. Who pays these prices?
  24. Here's the difference from prior years.... I noticed in prior years when inventory was less, and it was obvious it was less, the prices went up. Demand up, prices up. Nothing new... been doing this for several years. This year, we have several Thursday and Friday games (half price days for seniors/kids or Wisconsin residents, in general) where inventory is not much less NOW. Prices have gone up crazy ($20 or so in different areas). No argument that Brewers can do what they want with tickets and prices. Obviously, higher prices are going to keep some away or going less. That is me right now... going less. I do not want to sit in the cheaper Terrace Level and have no desire to pay the jacked up "half price" for tickets that I have sitting in (Loge Level Infield/ Loge Level Box or Preferred) for 20 plus years. It's a reach for the Brewers and it will be interesting to see how fans react once they go to buy a pair of Thursday tickets in July or August. Also, in past years, the team often said to buy early because prices will not go down. I did notice they lowered tickets for a couple of games against the Giants in August by a few bucks. Not sure what they are doing but it is different.
  25. Not sure if others have seen this, but Brewers really moved ticket prices up this weekend for many games this season. With dynamic pricing, that movement of increases is a constant, I realize. However, I have never seen this drastic movement of prices. The only reason I know this this time is that I have been monitoring prices almost daily since I will be purchasing soon once family/friends get game dates decided. I won’t go into all the changes, but Cubs games, Friday games, Labor Day, Loge Diamond seats, and Thursday games have greatly increase in a day’s time hence the word jacked up. Usually, prices eek their way up slowly based on limited availability. Not now. Increases steeper and bordering on ridiculous. https://www.mlb.com/brewers/tickets/pricing
×
×
  • Create New...