Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Just Some Guy

Verified Member
  • Posts

    400
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Just Some Guy

  1. Also in the AL, the 2, 3 and 6 seeds will all be .500 teams, meaning one of them will HAVE to be in the ALCS, a heartbeat from the world series. Meanwhile, Tampa, the Y's and Red Sox have to slug it out on the other side.
  2. Good points. On #3, the Cubs do have a habit of winning blowout games, including that 17-3 game against us, but those are definitely solid points. I'm still hoping for the Cubs, though!
  3. Decked out in Brewers gear, I hope! Fingers crossed for you on the weather.
  4. 5 days off, which I know for sure because today I made arrangements to be at games 1 & 2.
  5. Living in Chicago, I'm bombarded with Cubs news every day (could I have used the word 'zeitgeist' there?), and I'm not sure most Brewers fans realize how (comparatively) weak a playoff opponent the Cubs would make. In the last month, the Cubs are only 12-16. They've got no closer, a terrible bullpen and inconsistent starters -- they've got nothing resembling an ace. When the starter's pitch count gets high, Counsell's hosed. A few weeks ago he was going with middle relievers, but that didn't work. Lately he's stuck with his starters; that hasn't worked either. True, the Cubs' offense is excellent, but if the options are facing the Phillies (Wheeler / Sanchez / maybe Luzardo), the red-hot Padres with the only bullpen in baseball better than ours, or a Cubs team backing into the playoffs, my thinking is we could do a lot worse than the Cubs.
  6. Oddly, 5 of the 6 teams in the NL playoffs will be repeats from last year: Brewers, Dodgers, Cubs, Phillies and Padres, with the Braves reclaiming their spot from the Reds.
  7. If the Braves lose today, then the Brewers can clinch the bye tonight behind the Miz on national TV.
  8. I hope the Braves go 1-1 tonight/tomorrow, so the Brewers can clinch the bye w/ a Miz win tomorrow night.
  9. Joey O's triple is the reason we're ahead. We might have the sunset to thank for this game.
  10. Rogers throws an 8 inning 3 hitter and he's on the hook for the loss. Sometimes baseball's unjust.
  11. Could really use an insurance run here. Megill not quite as automatic as usual lately.
  12. Uribe's gonna be fired up if he gets this strikeout.
  13. Better beard, relish guy or announcer guy? I've vote relish guy.
  14. The hat shuffle's the only in-game contest I'd do. During that game, the player's up on the right field screen where I'd very conspicuously put a blindfold on, then just listen to the crowd. They're never wrong on hat shuffle.
  15. I like Chourio hitting lead off. It was a change to lead off that ignited PCA's year from so-so to MVP. That'd be a cool path to follow.
  16. Is The Athletic worth it? I've hit their paywall a few times now, so I think I'd use it and they've got a great deal for the first year, 20 bucks. (It's just that I've got a bad habit of signing up for cheap first year deals, then not using them, but forgetting about them until I get zapped for full price for the second year).
  17. Kalshi/Poly are even more optimistic about the Brewers WS price, 17ish, and our H2H series price vs the Dodgers will be better than last year (Miz), but I still can't visualize the upset. The Dodgers' playoff rotation will be some order of Yamamoto, Skubal, Snell (very likely) and Ohtani/Glasnow. Basically, terrifying.
  18. I think Luke Fickell might be beyond his sell-by date, like spoiled milk. Only one thing to do with spoiled milk....
  19. Last night the Dodgers hit 4 home runs in one inning. If they add power to that playoff rotation, then, wow, that's a team to fear. I'm glad we can't face them until the NLCS.
×
×
  • Create New...