Here we are arguing about whether Vaughn or Lara should play while our “leadoff hitter” gives us another 0 for 4 with a couple K’s and a couple feeble groundouts,
Okay, but anyone else on the roster can replace Yelich.
The only one who can replace Contreras is Sanchez, and you don’t really want him playing every day.
He was hitting .315 as a lefty against RHP in the minors. Identical .429 OBP to the other side , just with less power. Seems to be a perfectly legitimate switch hitter.
Lara wasn’t dogging it or not hustling, it’s just another play where his instincts told him to do something other than what he should have done.
Like the defensive miscues, these are things he will need to remember and learn from.
I get it, but you’re a manager at the highest level of this game.
You have to be able to separate your personal feelings from your professional obligations.
It’s not just the stats. There was a bullet hit to Turang that ended up being a line drive double play.
A cutter right down the middle with men on was taken right to the warning track which would have been a couple more runs.
The command was all over. It was just not really an effective performance in any way. I guess it just doesn’t really matter if we score 0 today.
That is probably the worst “quality start” I have ever seen. I cannot think of worse.
He got 18 outs for us. That matters. He also made two really nice pickoffs. I have to give him those things.
No, but we have a pretty good assortment of excess prospects who need to be added to the 40 next year and only so many spots available.
I’m not sure Jett Williams really has a role here, for example.
Nah, he’s been electric like always since returning.
Cost dependent obviously but I want to go to a World Series. The guy on the mound today isn’t going to contribute to that.
He’s 6 for his last 27, 14 for his last 60 with 1 HR, and is hitting under .200 the last month.
Christian Yelich “heating up” sure means something a lot different than it used to.