Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Park of the reason the Mets are who they are is they trade prospects like PCA.
  2. I want to like McCullers, but my guy you can’t be walking hitters with a 5 run lead. Come on.
  3. I think a lot of it is expectations. He is good and people expect him to be great. Still plenty of time to get there. We will see. Greatness is rarer than people think even among the top prospects. It feels like not long ago when Chourio and Holliday were neck and neck as prospects and people were asking who the better one was. Chourio has won that by a mile.
  4. He’s never played an inning of 3B. I think you’d have to move Pratt plus a very high end prospect like Pena and then maybe one more prospect outside the top 100 to even get the Nats interested. Then Abrams would start everyday at SS and Ortiz would stay as a platoon 3B plus late defensive replacement at SS.
  5. I don’t doubt it and this is why I suggested in another thread that they may as well just option Lara because Murphy clearly has no real plan to involve him this season.
  6. They were 20-16 with him and are 44-23 without him. He’s fine, he’s had a nice season but he’s totally replaceable. Basically just fills the Blake Perkins role and I hope he isn’t starting 3-4 times a week in place of other guys.
  7. I’m super frustrated with Murphy’s handling of Lara. When they called him up, I assumed there was some sort of plan for him to get playing time. Pratt was handled well in that regard. Lara, not so much. And it’s not like he’s just been riding the struggle bus. He got some playing time early and did well with it. Since then he’s been jerked around in every OF position and has played sparingly. His ABs are still far too small of a sample to read into at all, but he’s never given any impression of being overmatched at the plate. There’s been some up and downs in the field. You’d expect that right now. If they really just see him as a 4th outfielder then that’s fine, but I don’t really believe they did this long-term contract with him with that in mind. Yesterday was kind of the tip of the iceberg for me. You’ve got a guy who is known for being a platoon bat and you pull Lara to go righty/righty with Vaughn. Had a lefty reliever been brought into the game I would have understood and supported it. Just option Lara if you aren’t even going to give him the opportunity to hit there.
  8. I feel like you can probably copy and paste the thread title here in late July every year to describe the Brewers deadline outlook and it will be relatively accurate every time.
  9. No complaining about it from me, I’m glad for anyone who gets joy from it. For me personally I would find it no more enjoyable than watching a random spring training game that I don’t care about.
  10. Nope, I cared about the game before this one and they decided not to show up for it.
  11. Murphy’s brain driving home tonight: “oh my gosh. It’s OPPOSITE handed batters you want going against pitchers. Not SAME handed. What a brain fart I had today.”
  12. Let’s be honest, he had a nice 1st half but we all knew he wasn’t that guy forever going forward. This was the most foreseeable regression on the roster.
  13. Absolutely a brutally managed half inning by Murph.
  14. Bauers hasn’t been worth a crap in a month. He won’t do anything here.
  15. Absolutely stupid move. Just go ahead and send Lara down until you’re willing to actually let him hit in a big situation and not pull him to burn Vaughn with no platoon advantage.
  16. Gonna go on record that I hate this move to the bench.
  17. Hopefully that’ll be something to get Lara going.
  18. Was it absolutely necessary to get David Hamilton back in the mix? I much prefer 3B Joey and SS Pratt.
  19. Yes. I know it doesn’t feel like it all the time, but our offense is well above average. There’s no glaring weakness on either side that needs to be addressed, as is usually the case with a team 25+ games over .500. But they still go cold at times and obviously could go cold in the NLCS like they did last year and go out like a fart in the wind. They could add a big bat and I’d have no issue. But whoever it is, they’re going to bat 1/9th of the time at most and have a very small sample size of playoff at-bats and not going to win or lose a playoff series on their own.
  20. Not that I necessarily disagree - but who would you replace? Contreras, Turang, Mitchell, Chourio ,… not going to happen. Who would be available that’s an upgrade from a Bauers/Vaughn platoon at first ? Ortiz? He’s been one of the few guys hitting, and they’re not going to replace Pratt. I don’t know what they could really do unless they wanted to go after an Abrams type and make Pratt and another prospect the centerpiece, which would be a pretty big pivot after obviously signing him to be part of the future.
  21. He has a pretty big sample size in the minors saying he can. But he needs to get used to the differences in the game at this level because we aren’t seeing it right now.
  22. Murphy hasn’t really done anything to help him get settled in. It’s a sharp contrast to Pratt where they obviously had a plan for him to play regardless of what Ortiz is doing and he didn’t lose playing time when he was struggling. Lara’s playing time and positioning has been pretty inconsistent and he’s been all over the lineup. I’m just not really sure at this point why they called him up.
×
×
  • Create New...