Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Doesn’t help that Drohan just keeps digging a bigger hole and the defense isn’t doing anything to help either. Just a poor fundamental day.
  2. Not a good job holding the tag by Ortiz. Really can’t afford to fall behind by more.
  3. Should be out. He popped off. Or maybe not. It’s was close. But call on the field was out.
  4. No way am I valuing Gasser and Sproat over Henderson. I’d have a much easier time seeing either one of them go. But, that’s why we have these boards and discussions!
  5. Bet we’ve already got guys in other systems that aren’t even on our radar right now that our scouts like that will get turned into 2’s and 3’s next year after we acquire them in the offseason for Frelick or Ortiz or a prospect or something. They do it every year.
  6. It’s encouraging. I wasn’t really trying to directly compare Drohan to Myers or Lauer, more just stating that he wouldn’t be the first to have really nice short term run in the rotation only to not really have any long-term staying power. You could throw Priester in there too. I’m unsure what to expect from him next year, if anything.
  7. Maybe Hardin. He’d probably be the next man up of the guys that haven’t gotten a shot yet.
  8. Yeah, I agree with a lot of this. I think too often we see a young pitcher performing well for us and envision that it’s going to be that way for the next 6 years when in all likelihood it is not. Call it Tobias Myers or Eric Lauer syndrome. As you say, pitching is fickle and just because a pitcher is pitching like an ace right now doesn’t mean he is one. I love what Drohan has done for us this year, but who here honestly sees him being in our rotation in 2 years? Always important to remember that we are trying to buy or sell players based on what we think they will do in the future, not necessarily what they’ve already done. I may agree or disagree on certain individual moves but in general if the organization trades a player, even for a rental, I’ll trust their judgment on it.
  9. Why would this make you think they’re not going to? They have a surplus of young, controllable starters. If they can use one for a rental that is a major upgrade because of the less control, I can see the logic in making that move.
  10. Jackson Holliday is probably the perfect recent cautionary tale. And I’m not saying Holliday still can’t have a very nice career. Just saying, I think too many people see a number 1 prospect in all of baseball and think “future superstar”. That can happen, but more often than not, it isn’t the outcome. Let's look back at the top 5 prospects in baseball in the year 2020. Obviously it’s been a hodgepodge of different career arcs.
  11. That’s a tough one. Bauers is a free agent, and if someone wants to show him the money, I expect he will take it. Vaughn isn’t the greatest, but it’s a solid bat and I think $10M doesn’t buy you much these days. I think Vaughn might be back one more year as a bridge to a higher end prospect like Adams, Burke, Adamczewski, or Fischer. I expect one of them to emerge as the future guy eventually but none may be ready to completely take over next season.
  12. Bill Schroeder: “If you think about it, the Brewers would have rather had Vaughn have been rung up on strikes than hit into a double play.” Thanks for that hard hitting rock solid analysis, Rock.
  13. We’re a really bad defensive play in right field from being shut out for the last 16 innings.
  14. I agree that I wouldn’t have Joey leading off. There are many other better options, than him or Yelich, however.
  15. That may be the worst at-bat ever. Vaughn struck out twice and then grounded into a double play.
  16. I love what Mitchell has done lately, but you absolutely cannot be guessing with two strikes with the bases loaded and nobody out. You’ve got to shorten up and at least look to put the ball in play.
  17. He has a .319 OBP in his last 15 games and .299 in his last 30. I bet I can make a certain stat for any player in the lineup look impressive if I can cherry pick the referenced time frame.
  18. I am really really glad that in MLB these days, we can fix bad calls.
  19. Any prospect is tradeable depending on the return. Including Made. Sometimes it pushes the boundaries of what would be realistic to deal a guy. Are you not dealing Made if the Royals offered Bobby Witt straight up? I love Made. I’d be the first celebrating if we signed him to a 10 year deal tomorrow. He, like any other prospect, isn’t bust proof. His performance in Biloxi, while impressive, isn’t so eye poppingly good that you want to rush him up tomorrow (nor should that be expected at this age and level). There have been many top prospects like Made that have come and gone in MLB. Some turned into superstars. Some became busts. Most, which is a category Made is probably the most likely to eventual fall into, have good careers as good players.
×
×
  • Create New...