Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Inguinal Hernia Surgery -- one week later

Samurai Bucky

It was one week ago today they wheeled me into surgery to take care of a double hernia. They used the scope, but I was anticipating a boat load of pain. I had heard some horror stories of how people were down for the count for two or even four weeks because the pain was so bad. I have had two surgeries on my forearm including a removal of the radial head and that was pretty painful. However, I was anticipating the worst.


I thought back to what the doctor said when he gave me the rundown of what he was going to do: "Since we are using the scope, you should be able to walk in standing straight up. However, with the double hernia, I don't know exactly how you will be."


One week later, I couldn't be happier. On a scale of pain being from 1 to 10 (10 being unbearable), my pain never got over a 3. It would be a 3 when I would try to get up out of bed the day after surgery. Some nice medicine took care of that http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. I probably also pushed it a little bit too much by going to the Brewer game on Saturday and coaching a soccer game on Sunday. I didn't move around much even when I coached.


I have my one-week follow-up appointment today. Hopefully he confirms how I feel. I still have 7 weeks to go until I can start working out and biking again. Still, I'm happy with how things have gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Sounds like you had an easier time than I did. I had the same surgery last summer, though not a double. The first night after the surgery was horrible. I think I vomited about six times from the pain medication I was on, and actually blacked out and fell over in our hallway as I was leaving the bathroom, banging my head against a railing and giving myself a bloody nose in the process. After that, they told me to stop taking the pain medication they had prescribed and just take ibuprofren. I was back to work about a week and a half later (on a light schedule, a benefit of being self-employed), but I didn't fully get over the soreness for several weeks after that.


Anyway, glad to hear you are doing so well.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue
Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

  • Create New...