Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

StearnsFTW

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,571
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by StearnsFTW

  1. I was shocked to see how low his WAR was other than last year. Someone is going to pay for 2022 production and most likely not get it. Here's hoping it's the Cardinals.
  2. Good. Contract year last year screams outlier.
  3. I don't really trust Correa to live up to his contract personally. Had some injury stuff already.
  4. Don't mind too much if it's Swanson or Correa. Really hope they don't get Bogaerts or Turner.
  5. Woodruff for Arraez & Duran. Take it or leave it Twins. I suspect they'd leave it.
  6. C: Christian Vazquez ($9M) 1B: Rowdy Tellez ($5.30M) 2B: Brice Turang ($.7M) 3B: Luis Urias ($4.30M) SS: Willy Adames ($9.20M) LF: Christian Yelich ($26.00M) CF: Sal Frelick ($0.70M) DH: Jesse Winker ($8.0M) Bench OF: Tyrone Taylor ($0.70M) Utility: Esteury Ruiz ($0.70M) Utility: Abraham Toro ($1.4M) Backup C: Victor Caratini ($2.2M) RF: Garrett Mitchell ($0.70M) SP1: Corbin Burnes ($11.40M) SP2: Brandon Woodruff ($11.00M) SP3: Freddy Peralta ($3.50M) SP4: Eric Lauer ($5.20M) SP5: Adrian Hauser ($3.60M) CL: Devin Williams ($3.20M) RP: Luis Perdomo ($1.00M) RP: Matt Bush ($2.00M) RP: Brad Boxberger ($1.0M) RP: Craig Kimbrel ($3.5M) RP: Andrew Chafin ($8M) RP: Aaron Ashby ($1.00M) RP: Janson Junk ($0.72M) Payroll is 4.60% under budget Sign Christian Vazquez--3/27 Sign Andrew Chafin-2/16 Sign Craig Kimbrel-2/7 Resign Boxberger-1/1 Just figured I'd try it for fun. I believe we need at least one more reliable bullpen arm and a starting catcher. In this scenario, someone would have to be able to play 1B. I would attempt to trade Taylor for a 1B, but I don't know a realistic target.
  7. Yep. I should have italicized "hope". I think it's possible for the next couple years but it might get really rough after that.
  8. Stick him at DH (or 1b). Hope for 3 WAR. Repeat for 5 years (ugh). Not many options other than that. At 3 WAR he's not a disaster. Not good, but not a disaster.
  9. I like it. Well done. Only quibble would be I don't see any way Oakland trades Puk for Taylor. I'd love that deal no matter what other moves we'd make, but I can't see Oakland doing that.
  10. 19 seems about right. Pitching is still pretty thin, at least top-of-the-rotation types.
  11. 19 seems about right. Pitching is still pretty thin, at least top-of-the-rotation types.
  12. Well you've definitely seen him more than I have so I'll defer to you somewhat. If he can indeed become a .420+ slugging guy, he's far more valuable than I'm giving him credit for. I'm skeptical, but hoping you're right.
  13. Well you've definitely seen him more than I have so I'll defer to you somewhat. If he can indeed become a .420+ slugging guy, he's far more valuable than I'm giving him credit for. I'm skeptical, but hoping you're right.
  14. --I know, but I seriously doubt we keep all of them next year. I think we trade 2 of them this offseason. --I didn't post that. I just quoted it. I don't think there's any real chance he hits like that, hence my indifference to trading him.
  15. --I know, but I seriously doubt we keep all of them next year. I think we trade 2 of them this offseason. --I didn't post that. I just quoted it. I don't think there's any real chance he hits like that, hence my indifference to trading him.
  16. Good post. To answer your last question, I think this is the last year we have all of Burnes, Woodruff and Hader. In short, despite the obvious problems, I think this is our best shot at a World Series. Hope to be wrong.
  17. Good post. To answer your last question, I think this is the last year we have all of Burnes, Woodruff and Hader. In short, despite the obvious problems, I think this is our best shot at a World Series. Hope to be wrong.
  18. Yeah, if I thought he could do that, I'd never deal him for Bell.
  19. Yeah, if I thought he could do that, I'd never deal him for Bell.
  20. I'd trade Turang for Bell in an instant. I'm not very high on Turang though, some are. I personally would not deal Kelly for him though.
  21. I'd trade Turang for Bell in an instant. I'm not very high on Turang though, some are. I personally would not deal Kelly for him though.
  22. @FreezingColdTakes A lot of 'new' posters saying absurd things that arent true. Shocker. Of course that doesn't mean this one poster is new. I also didn't say that. Edit: I can see why people thought I did though. That whole post was screwed up quote-wise.
  23. Crawford has been 1.9 WAR or higher every season of his career, averaging around 2.9. 2 big seasons of 4.3 & 5.3, but otherwise quite consistently around 2. https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5343&position=SS
  24. I would never have guessed he would really compete for the MVP race...but then again I would never have thought the MVP race would be so, average. Yelich is really good, but won't even hit a 7 WAR (just over 6 right now) according to Baseball Reference. Just looking at the last few years: 2018 - 6.1 WAR (Yelich/Baez currently) 2017 - 7.6 WAR 2016 - 7.4 WAR 2015 - 10 WAR (holy...) 2014 - 7.7 WAR 2013 - 7.9 WAR 2012 - 7.6 WAR 2011 - 7.7 WAR 2007 - Jimmy Rollins 6.1 WAR Rollins was a low WAR guy as was Ryan Howard when he won it. That being said I don't know who was voting back then but wow... How did Ryan Howard ever win it over Pujols in 2006 is amazing. It is pretty impressive how low bar was set this year in the NL to be the best. The NL just does not have a Trout/Betts/etc. I don't know how far back one would have to go to find zero NL hitters without a 7+ WAR. I was interested, so I checked. 2014 no NL hitters over 7, and only 1 pitcher (Kershaw). Before that, 1986. And before that 1942. So, yeah. Not a great position player season in the NL this year.
  25. There were so many guys that went through El Paso that put up monster numbers. Glenn Braggs, Joey Meyer, Billy Jo, all went through the same year. Glenn Braggs..... that dude was freakin' ripped. He should have/could have put up some good power numbers. I remember after he left MLB he went over to Japan and had a couple of big power seasons. Ugh. So many disappointments. I'll never forget how shocked I was that Glenn Braggs was African-American. Hilarious how the world has changed in 30 years.
×
×
  • Create New...