Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

  1. The team is in a pretty major offensive funk right now... I probably have a recency bias (3-4 in the past 7 games), though the 7-2 homestand right after the break was pretty nice. We're 1-2 currently... I'm going 1-2 via PIT (they just have our number) 2-1 via MIN 1-2 @ Padres 0-3 @ LAD 2-1 via SEA 1-2 via ATL 1-2 @ NYM 2-1 via TEX 0-1 @ Scrubs That is actually 11-18.... until Bill, Christian, and Jackson can turn it around, I see this being a strugglefest The pitching has been fantastic
  2. Yelich needs a good long break. Call up a young in and see if they can catch fire. This team needs a spark
  3. Tough night for Pratt, but I am very excited about what he has shown so far
  4. I have to believe that was Sproat’s last MLB start of the season (unless we have a starter get injured) but if he can’t get his control intact, he probably doesn’t make the postseason roster. i still think he has potential, but feels like a reliever rather than a starter to me. He has the stuff, just not sure he has it upstairs
  5. This!!! power players rarely come with elite defense as well
  6. Yelich, you are embarrassing yourself pancakes you are failing this team. You either need to PH Yelich there or don’t play him. another game lost by our feckless manager
  7. Yikes. Haven’t heard boos like that for a home player in a long time.
  8. Hopefully its ok when the dust settles.... this seems like a complete catastrophe.... Our key rivals got MUCH stronger... we overpaid for a couple meh or injured players. Overall, I think this is the most frustrating deadline for me since our playoff era run began in 2018
  9. If we had traded these two for Holmes and Weaver, I don't think I'd be complaining (even though it would sting) Two C-Level rentals (we do need innings eaters) is not something we should be giving up top 100 prospects for. Every other injured pitcher we have traded for in the past 5 years has been a disaster. Trading a AAAA player lottery ticket is fine, I just don't think there was much of a demand for players like May and Romero, yet we potentially gave up the biggest haul of any trade today (or atleast one of the biggest). I understand the pressure that Arnold HAD to do something... why wait until the last minute. If we were comfortable giving up this much talent, go for the Creme de la Creme, not the scraps after everything else has had seconds.
  10. yikes... for these types of players, we should be getting guys with more control. Compared to what other teams have been paying for rentals, this seems like a massive overpay
  11. I see what you did there... but I'm definitely not a Murphy homer :P
  12. I would agree. My #1 priority is a healthy trio of Miz, Harrison, and Henderson. By eating innings, he keeps those guys healthy and allows us (in the post-season) to move one/multiple guys into the pen. If Romero can be healthy for the playoffs, another lefty would be huge. This is a non-flashy but very valuable move IMO. Would love to get Holmes too. What would we be willing to give up for Holmes?
  13. That is interesting... didn't have a trade with the Cardinals on my radar. I'm not familiar with either of these players
  14. I agree. If we’re going to pay $10M for a part-time player like Vaughn next year, $15M per for a potential superstar and the best prospect in MLB should be a no-brainer. both have risks for sure, but the only teams that can win with taking no risks are LA, PHI, NYY, NYM, BOS, etc
  15. I totally agree, which is why we need to move now. If pre-arbitration control is reduced in the CBA, it will continue to erode the value of the young player see in early extensions. I also disagree that a salary floor would be a disadvantage to us. Part of our current issue is our owners are extremely cheap. I don’t believe in spending money for the sake of spending money, but there’s no way that the Brewers can say that they can’t afford a couple big contracts supplemented with our farm system consistently delivering players with potential.
  16. Fair enough. Let’s get it done with Made (at a minimum) and atleast one of Turnang and Contreras. if we’re going to do this without a flurry of BIG trade pieces, we’re going to need to actively control multiple waves of elite prospects at the same time. Otherwise we’ll never have enough talent simultaneously to get over the top. your point on pitching when we’re largely healthy right now makes it even more attractive to go for it now. if there is going to be a salary floor after this year, why not spend the money now on players we are very familiar with while prices are low, as compared to wasting money on mediocre players at high prices after the CBA is done
  17. Fair. But holding on to ANY prospect not tied to a long term contract might be a huge risk. we could end up with a scenario where the controllable years is reduced from 6 to 4-5, and 2027 counts towards that total. So players we have 5 more years of control on might end up with only 2-3 more years of control left heading into 2028… I see your point about the risks in trading for players with seemingly multiple years of control, but I also see the risk in hugging prospects that might be taken from us. all the more reason to have as many players as possible extended by year end. Really need to get Made, Mis, Harrison, Henderson, etc extended, if for no other reason than to protect our control.
  18. Right? I am a hard no on trading Made, Henderson, Pratt, and Lara… but the reality is with the lockout looming (that may reduce future team control), this was the year to be MORE aggressive. In 2028, the rules may be less favorable for small markets like the brewers
×
×
  • Create New...