Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

JCREW

Verified Member
  • Posts

    627
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by JCREW

  1. I love little detective nuggets like this.
  2. I'm 1000% on board with O'Hearn. The Castro move could be sneaky good too. I think I often underrate the value of those edge pieces on the roster, but with an impending FA like Castro, the cost might be really low to give Murph a lot of versatility.
  3. I'm really looking forward to his return. I wonder if they will even bother with trying to get him up to a starter's workload for the rest of this season. If they could get him up to 40-50 pitches, he could be really valuable down the stretch.
  4. Given these two possibilities: A: Trade for Suarez, then shuffle Durbin and Turang. B: Hope for positive regression from Ortiz. I think scenario B has a higher probability of success. I like Ortiz too, and I don't like the idea of a big shuffle mid-season.
  5. I agree that Ortiz > Monasterio. I'm just thinking that the real liklihood of trading for a cost-controlled shortstop who is a meaninful step above Ortiz is pretty small. Neto (LAA), Abrams (WAS), and Otto Lopez (WAS) are really the only options. And there aren't really any rental candidates. Murph has not given that many AB to bench guys this year. So, can we set forward a plan to drop a few Oritz ABs to give more AB to the stronger hitters on our bench?
  6. I think getting O'Hearn would be fantastic. Do that and keep everything else as it is. Use our pitching depth to save innings on the bullpen and on the Miz. O'Hearn upgrades Bauers. It rounds out the offensive roster for everything except SS. We run out a normal lineup like we have been doing. On a normal day, Ortiz gets 2 PA. For the 3rd PA from SS, we pinch hit one of Hoskins/Vaughn/O'Hearn. Mona comes in to play short and bat the rest of the way.
  7. I hadn't checked this forum in a couple days, and saw Lopez's stat lines, and came over here to suggest him. I wonder what Miami actually imagines as their competitive window right now. They seem adrift, but slightly less so than the Rockies. Both of those franchises are up against some big spenders (LAD, SFG, SDP, NYM, PHI) at the top of their divisions, so they really have to stack the farm to make a run at it. Lopez for Pratt + Wichrowski + another 40FV prospect?
  8. What would be really cool is to see is: A: How different cohorts of Brewer fans respond to this poll. Twitter, Brewerfan, BrewCrewBall, etc. B: How different fan bases respond to this question across the @Brock Beauchamp family of fan sites. It would be interesting to see how pessimistic/optimistic those different groups are.
  9. As much as I hate taking him out of the lineup against the Dodgers, yes. I think we should IL him and have him at full go by the time we play the Cubs.
  10. I think that last year's results for Ortiz and Contreras combined with the norm that a 1B should be a thumper, make us all feel like we're solid, but not at peak productivity. We imagine this team with 95 wRC+ for Ortiz, 120 wRC+ for Contreras, and maybe even more out of Hoskins/1B, and it, combined with our rotation and the back end of the bullpen... It's just something to dream on.
  11. What are the limits on how much you can spend on UDFA? There must be something, otherwise, @Joseph Zarr would have a gofundme for the Brewers to sign Jack Bauer for 5Mil as a UDFA.
  12. Yeah. Which is the worst look for MLB? 1. A flame-throwing all-star who has only pitched five times 2. Announcing and then replacing 12 consecutive players 3. A flame-throwing all-star who has only pitched five times, and then having it come out that star players don't really want to play in the all star game. Good for Miz. I hope he pitches an immaculate inning. A side note, during his media session, I think a Japanese writer asked if he was excited about the possibility of facing Ohtani tomorrow. Note to that writer, the Brewers have been in the NL for longer than Ohtani has...
  13. Yes, but with the way the Brewers have been leveraging that to their advantage in building a solid farm, I think MLB should lean into that a little more. It would also make day 2 of the draft WILD.
  14. I just had a weird idea. It probably belongs in a thread about MLB $$ structure and CBA rules. Because the players won't go for a salary cap, what about giving revenue sharing recipients an extra $5M on their bonus pool total, or some pro-rated version of that. Let the small markets spend in the draft since they "can't" compete in free-agency.
  15. I know what you mean by this, but it cracked me up.
  16. That’s a weird one. Feels like we’re being cheap and costing McGee 5 days of service time and MLB salary.
  17. I like Hayes a lot. I think he’s a prime candidate for back surgery though. Maybe Yeli can convince him.
  18. Ooooh… I like that. Which probably means the Angels don’t. But I think it has legs.
  19. I’m about 80/20 in favor of O’Hearn over Suarez. I’d rather not shake up the infield. But, yeah, I’m sure Arnold has lines in the water on both of them.
  20. It’s definitely a testament to the MLB scouting that they had their eye on a guy and were able to make a trade for someone they believed in before Civale’s vocal cords stopped vibrating.
  21. Just googled and found that at the end of September, the Coastal Commission ruled against Attanasio and the construction firm he hired. Then, in November, a Judge stayed the lawsuit pending more investigation. Go Brewers! Beat the Nats!
  22. When Perkins is Back Chourio - LF Perkins - CF Frelick - RF
×
×
  • Create New...