I'm not defending Bucknor from anything. I am, however, attacking your hit piece as an example of what many of us come here to try and find respite from. A world where runner's-up are losers and trash, and it is the public's role to tear these people down in order to draw guffaws from the those that couldn't sniff Bucknor's jock in terms of professional acumen.
Brewerfan has always been better than this. But by all means, double-down on the humor you derived by artificial means. Decency be damned. Be irritated at me for calling you out, instead of yourself when you look in the mirror after that piece.
But I'm guilty, too. I'm guilty of using your article as an example, and that's not fair to you. I get that it's a grind, and you took a shortcut, and it was just meant to be funny. But if more people like me find the courage to take a reputational risk in communities that we care about, perhaps the content we crave will find the right balance between low-hanging fruit, and the rotten, poisoned apple found under the tree.
I would predict that those that laughed along with you, and the thousands of other baseball people laughing at a humiliated CB Bucknor, will sneer at my responses. But I would also predict that there will be 3 times as many lurkers and would-be clickers that agree that they are tired of the public shame put on anyone who is merely bad at their job, as if being the 76th best person in the world at what they do is something undignified and unworthy of respect.
Poking fun at ineptitude. How does it feel?