Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Cool Hand Lucroy

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,994
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Cool Hand Lucroy

  1. With the caveat that it's going to be a three-game baseball series against a decent team, I think the Cubs are the worst match-up from both a talent and emotional perspective. If I had to draft the teams in the order I'd want to face them, I'd go: 1) Marlins 2) Reds 3) D-Backs 4) '27 Yankees 5) Cubs I think the Giants are toast.
  2. Call me super skeptical of this. Could the Mets swoop in and offer CC way more than the Brewers? Sure. That was always going to happen. I suppose it's possible Heyman has new info, but this smacks of "New York Post, drumming up interest and clicks, with some vague story that alludes to a change without asserting anything provable and outlining a remote possibility that already existed." CC is great. He should do what he wants. I happen to still believe that will involve a year or two off, but who knows? It just seems like a big jump to go from "I'd like more time with family" to "Let's move to New York" in a matter of a week or two.
  3. This game is genius. Detroit had some great #16s. Bob Lanier, Hal Newhouser and Vladimir Konstantinov, but that's way below Milwaukee's and LAs. Chicago has some awesome number 9s: Minnie Minoso (White Sox), Ron Harper (Bulls), and Bobby Hull.
  4. Turang has also put together some really good ABs lately. Scorched an out in the 8th last night. Had a bad K early. He's not an MLB hitters yet. But there's progress. When the rest of his game is as good as it is, that's enough.
  5. To me, this was a trade a team like the Brewers just has to make to be long-term competitive. Hader was on of the most valuable pitchers in the game, and he wasn't going to be around much longer. They took a shot to replace his contributions I. The short-term with Rogers. That failed. Every other part of the trade has worked out very well, though, and that longer term outlook was always the point.
  6. This is definitely the most talented group of players I've seen (following since 1994). Their skill in midfield and out wide is impressive. Back line and striker are pretty thin. And the back is very important at the international level. Not getting out of the group would be VERY disappointing. But, yes, 2026 is the more realistic deep run target.
  7. Despite Qatar and the sheer absurdity and corruption (not to mention violence), I am looking forward to the World Cup. Will be interesting to see US engagement levels when the event is competing with every major domestic sport (including CBB and CFB), baseball excepted. A few quick thoughts: Most disappointing team: England. Could be sneaky tough for them to get out of a group much more difficult than the gut feelings would suggest. HM: Spain (because I think they have the toughest group) and France (because they are so talented, but also potentially very toxic). Most surprising team: But for some health concerns about Mane and Davies, I'd go with Sengal or Canada. I'll say Denmark. Very cohesive team. Uruguay and Japan are up there too. How far will the US go? Round of 16. I think they'd be underdogs against any Group A team in that game. I could see deeper if Mousah and Reyna have the breakout they're capable of. Champion: Brazil. So deep. Feels like their turn. I'll be rooting for Argentina, though.
  8. I've honestly always wondered why leagues like the MLS and NWSL don't try to put pro teams in smaller cities. I can't imagine a pro women's or men's soccer team doing poorly, even in a place that doesn't scream soccer culture. Tons of small, pro-sports-less cities (Omaha, Des Moines, Louisville, etc.) seem like great opportunities for the newer domestic leagues. I suppose the NWSL tried this once with that team from Western New York (and they did pretty well in attendance drawing from an even smaller town before moving to NC). I just think, if I were I pioneering millionaire with enough money to buy a pro sports franchise, I might move an NWSL team to the Quad Cities or something on the idea that, in a really fractured market, lower levels of intense, local support are what's going to carry a team.
  9. Mark A official at Norwich as of last week. Probably a favorite to be a Premier League owner next year.
  10. Two matches in to the EPL and my question is whether anyone can challenge City. I have a good feeling about Arsenal for some reason. Leeds has been a fun story. Looking forward to watching the US in the World Cup with what will have to be its most talented roster ever.
  11. An MLS franchise may not be far off if USL play goes well. That was Minnesota United's route, and I think FC Nashville's too?
  12. I love this matchup for the finals. Two hot goaltenders. Canadian drought vs. potential repeat. Fun stuff. I'd love for the Canadian drought to end, but I'd really prefer it be a Western team...still, the Habs have been fun all playoffs.
  13. I recall PBS hockey as well! That's a fun reminder. Thanks.
  14. Very casual hockey observer, but would love to see three old WCHA schools in the Frozen Four. Found those rivalries and environments more fun than the B1G.
  15. This is going to be a looming issue as we get closer to the next CBA. No one seems to want to sign guys in their 30s to long-term deals. The "big money" window is shrinking, and I would be surprised if we don't get some kind of reform of either arbitration, FA, raising the league mininum substantially, or all three. Yelich's deal may end being what a lot of very good players try to get into. Early, multi-year extensions worth 50 or so million. Happy to pay it to him.
  16. This. Braun signed his 5/105 deal prior to 2016, right? He needs to be worth what? 13 wins over those 5 years to have it be an even deal? He's at 4.8 fWAR and 4.7 bWAR with three years to go. I don't think it's crazy that he ends up around 10 WAR total over the life of the contract. That makes it an unwise deal in the end, but not so unwise as to be horrible. And there's probably something to be gained from having Braun around for some people. I wouldn't count myself as one of them, and I do think the deal is subpar. But it's not so bad as to be completely underwater at this point, and not so bad as to be a franchise-killing albatross. I don't think last year is the real Braun, nor do I think 2016 is legitimate to expect, but if he's a 2-win player for the next three years (and he is still a guy who can hit, I think), I think it's probably a C-level deal for the Brewers. Maybe the franchise can't afford C-level deals, but the reality is you're going to have them.
×
×
  • Create New...