Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Alright All. I'm turning in. Stay tuned in the upcoming month or so. Spencer and I are going to do some deep dives into the Minor League side of the Brewers under the Brewers Fanatic podcast banner. You won't want to miss these. This is going to be two uber-nerds talking in depth about our system. I just did my post-season viewing tally last week - I watched 83% of all the full-season games this past season. I eclipsed last seasons 78%! Gotta lot of observations to add about the players I've watched and am excited to share it with the fanbase.
  2. Well, we won't 'see' him per se. BUT, we might just see results in the AFL. I don't get my hopes up, however - I've seen AFL participants get little to no innings before. BUT, hopefully we see some inspired results no matter the amount!
  3. Collins absolutely does not need to go. He just got here. He's an insanely talented baseball player who has vastly improved at every stop. He is just getting started, my friend.
  4. SO, given that, you can use that wisdom to temper your disappointment in defeat, no? You clearly get it. Those wins and that feeling is extremely ephemeral. It's all sort of an illusion. Losing sucks - no doubt about it. But, these losses aren't your losses. Whatsoever.
  5. 3B is still very much up in the air. Man, I really really need a Brock Wilken Arizona Fall League resurgence. That would do huge things in the near term Brewers healing department😅. Ortiz's series was a pretty big downer.
  6. Thanks for that reminder. Yeah, that one year of control will certainly impact his value. A top 50-100 prospect. A Top 30 guy. And maybe a DSL guy seems like the appropriate value. Maybe swap one of those out for a fringe starting SS to try to catch utility rotation lightning in a bottle?
  7. That's what I was initially thinking. But, who knows. I have no idea how the back injury factors in - from all POV"s it certainly seems very healed and not a problem. A meltdown like tonight certainly never factored into Hader's value. I think Devin is viewed as one of the best relievers in all of baseball. I think he commands near a prime Hader-level of prospects, honestly.
  8. I mean it is just not easy to shine brightest when the lights try to outshine you. BUT, we saw some incredible performances from the youth on the roster. That is hugely important for the upcoming 'window'. Tobias? Come on now. Unreal performance. Mears?!? MEARS!!! Epic two outings. Megill? Bulldog. It truly was the vets who let us down time and time again. Will Hoskins opt-in? Likely so. BUT, who knows? I love that the youth is telling us they are ready and unafraid. We keep tinkering. We keep pushing.
  9. Realistic question: What kind of haul would you expect for Devin Williams?
  10. Imagine this current pitching staff next season but adding another possible Tobias Myers story in RHP Chad Patrick and likely bullpen high-leverage stalwarts in RHP's Jacob Misiorowski and Chad Yoho. I believe... Oh, yes, I believe...
  11. This. AND, if we're going to accept O'Rae's results at Double-A for the duration we did...we're sure as heck going to expect an aggressive Pratt promotion. He has nothing to prove at High-A. I think the organization knows they're going to push him to Double-A after an off-season in the weight room and with their development staff. He's coming in on a heater. He has the mentality to take the next step in stride and not blink. He's the best SS in our system by a pretty big margin. Defensively, EBJ can definitely give him a run for his money (and likely is the more rangey overall defender) but EBJ's bat is a quagmire right now. Pratt is pure everything. I still believe as he gets stronger oppo power will come. Maybe that's me being silly and hopeful 😅.
  12. Murphy's post-game presser is a Lesson in Class Act. It is hard not to just love this man as a man. I'm a believer in who he IS. 100%.
  13. Well, let me introduce you to a name: Jesus Made Just wait...just you wait. He'll start 2025 in Low-A Carolina by-passing the Complex entirely. Just like Chourio. Yet, all his numbers and all the discourse in the prospect circles? He is coming here well ahed of where Chourio was. We have a legitimate second superstar prospect on our hands. This is a massive storyline coming into the 2025 season. Maybe it never happens for the Brewers in our lifetimes. Maybe. But, I'm a firm believer when your process is sound and consistent the results will eventually follow. I inherently trust the Brewers process. I see it year-in and year-out.
  14. I come away from this season, and even this tough loss, incredibly optimistic. We have some dawgs in that clubhouse. Adames will be gone. We'll surely miss his regular season bat BUT a new storyline emerges - that's entertainment for me. Williams will most likely be traded for a decent haul of prospect(s) or player(s). Another intriguing storyline. My Minor League season essentially never ends with Winter Leagues upcoming and Rule Five and MInor League Free Agency and then the International signing period. There's just too much Brewers baseball to care about (for me, personally) to hang my hat all on the Brewers needing to succeed in the post-season. This was an improbably entertaining and successful season. The future is very bright for that clubhouse. They have the right manager managing this group. We have some really nice chips at Double and Triple-A I will look for next steps with. The Brewers will keep doing their thing. I will keep dreaming big and be fully prepared to accept the results, regardless. Devastating loss tonight? No. Disappointing? Yes. But, hey. We have Jackson f'ng Chourio for 10 more years. This was his rookie season. I'm going to let that sink in all off-season. We have a superstar in a small market. I'll consider this akin to Giannis' first post-season. Plenty of hope left in the tank.
  15. We invest in the dream with hope and that deep nostalgic yearning. We accept the results regardless. We come back for another season filled with dreams. These things happen - to us more than other fanbases, yes, absolutely. But, perhaps one year we'll get that elusive crown.
  16. What an unbelievable choke job from Devin in the biggest moment of his Brewers career. A total and complete choke job. His stuff was not good. Can not happen.
  17. I would cry if it wasn't so darkly ironic. Just ouch.
  18. The "golden retrievers" of sports?! So Brewers fans are overly friendly and love to jump up on opposing fans...then back into their legs and lay on their feet repeatedly...and then demand to sleep in their beds? Meanwhile, we get overly worked up chasing foul balls only to overindulge chugging water just to puke on the concourse? Sigh. They still don't see us.
  19. I currently hang my withered and tattered 'Narvs is the Guy' threads upon the: "Well, all his kicks are missing right. That has to be correctable?" Confidence is at an all-time Low in Camp Narvs. I am running on fumes - heck, aether!
  20. Friendly Reminder: Jim wrote this up for everyone. Confirmed Rule 5 Eligible Brewers Prospects HERE. Concerning Minor League FA (pour one out for RHP Mitch White - what a 1.5 month run to end his season!) and Rule 5, look no further than the Pinned threads atop the Minor League forum to confirm any thoughts you have or proclamations you are going to publish. And, of course, feel free to ask for confirmations 😉
  21. These MLB pitchers throwing him high outside heaters in crucial spots clearly haven't watched the LLWS tape! Amazing he's been hitting oppo bombs in clutch moments since Age 13. Never change, Jackson!
  22. Extremely well deserved award. Patrick continues to be left off the Brewers org awards but being in the same tier of conversation with RHP Logan Henderson certainly isn't a bad thing. At this stage, for those of us who watched the games, it's abundantly clear Patrick is the starting pitcher with quite a bit more in his bag. In terms of starting 'stuff' with the progression of his cutter in particular, Hunt and Patrick have more in common. Both have legitimate MLB-caliber tools to grow and evolve with - ie legit 5 pitch mixes. Anywho, let's not get lost in the weeds: I mean this young man pitched at the highest level of affiliated Minor League baseball and did this: AND, yet there is a remarkably small amount of chatter or recognition. It's just silly. Especially if we consider his last month of Starts.
  23. In other news:
×
×
  • Create New...