Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Trax

Verified Member
  • Posts

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Trax

  1. Like has been said, you weren't kidding about bold! Well thought out. 1 and 5 pretty tough ones, all interesting....
  2. I think Haase is the obvious choice. He needs at bats though, don't just long pine him.
  3. We're paying Yelich to not only make contact but to be a power bat. Doubles and homers. It was a disaster since the big contract overall with some exception for last year. Numbers were good last year but not what was expected with that guaranteed contract as they all are. Yelich does hit a lot of grounders of late and tops the ball at a high rate too. But the power potential is still there, why wouldn't it be? If he's healthy I'd DH him as much as possible and bat him 3. Sal nor Mitch will ever have the power potential Yeli should have. Let's see if he can muster it. Sal is your natural lead off hitter.
  4. Starting pitching is the obvious main concern, and that's not on the coaching staff. They have what they have to work with. Other than that we need Yeli to be at least the Yeli of last year, not the previous couple years. At least for what he's being paid. We need Adames to have a good year at the plate but also we need a couple of the young players who are now beyond seeing first year action to make an impact.
  5. Would hate seeing Haase cut but carrying 3 catchers and 2 at 1B is not doable long term.
  6. I get that, that's why I said another prospect of value. Just an idea. I'd rather they just spend the money and sign Monty...
  7. Good break down. Murphy has been handed a tough go with the starting pitchers to begin the year. Didn't help overall when we lost our closer for half the year either but the certified starting lineup is meek. Anyone in MLB worse or I should say more questionable 5 deep?
  8. Wiemer needs to play, he needs to get consistent at bats. He needs to be sent down to do that. I have some doubts about Frelick at 3B long term, but in the short he'll see some time there. He and Mitchell need to play most every day and they'll do it here with the big club. Adjustments will be made and in flux throughout the season obviously concerning other players. I see Sanchez as nothing more than an emergency catcher, DH, and pinch hitter. He may start the year IL but I can't see carrying 3 catchers long term. Especially so if we're also carrying 2 at 1B in Hoskins and Bauers.
  9. Agreed on all points. I truly believe we have a real need for a starting pitcher, and it would be really nice to get a younger one with upside who is ready to start in MLB. That, would take some treasure back. We have a young outfielder to trade in either Weimer or Mitchell. Perkins can be our 4th or 5th in that event. Even if we had to add another lower ranked prospect with Mitchell or Weimer, a young controllable ready arm may be worth it.
  10. AM has a spot on this team until he proves he doesn't. As essentially a rookie last year he was effective and still an early developing player with some versatility. He and Ortiz I see as the most interesting pieces to see what their contribution will be to our infield and at the plate when you combine the two. Of course if you add Frelick at 3B if he's really going to have an impact there would trump this.
  11. It is a nice group no doubt in our farm clubs, and we have both a CB pick after Round 1 and Round 2. I actually have as much fun following the farm clubs as the big club.
  12. With the guys they have in the pen I think they can wing it until Williams is back. They still need to add a clear cut starter.
  13. I've been saying this for a couple weeks now. Fully agree if a reasonable deal can be made for a viable MLB starting pitcher.
  14. Sal has to find a role somewhere on the team, and that's likely in the outfield. I'd DH Yeli and put Sal in left before I'd think of sitting him or sending him down. So, he is a possibility at 3rd if nobody else stands out. I too think Black is the most likely candidate as it sits. The hottest most consistent bat in spring training wins it. One year early for Wilken (to start the year) but I really like him. This position will remain in flux all year until somebody claims it with the bat.
  15. I get it with Bauer, but he's blackballed until he isn't. He likely will be pitching in Asia, and if he's lights out great I believe he'll get another shot in MLB. He may be a strange dude but criminally he was set up. That enters into any consideration.
  16. Montgomery would be a great signing, likely beyond our reach but super get. Otherwise I like a few guys mentioned here starting with Lorenzen. We need another certified starting pitcher. Shouldn't Jake Odorizzi be on the list?? I'm assuming he's healthy ready. Might be worth a sniff to see what's left. Another guy, Trevor Bauer. I know the history, (and it looks like he was indeed set up to a degree) I know he's a volatile presence. If he's willing to take a prove it deal and knows he'd be cut in a heart beat if he is any kind of disruption on the team I think that arm is worth the chance.
  17. Healthy I like our top 3 just fine. Worried about after that, it will be a work in progress.
  18. There are a number of arms who could break out and not only make the team but end up beginning the year as a back of the rotation starter. He's one of them, and we sure could use help there.
  19. He's a great talent, I'm glad I got to see him play at Appleton. My only concern is putting too much pressure on this young developing player too soon, but he's likely ready for the big move.
  20. Hook and the Brewers pitching lab have a lot of work to do and have a history now of being able to develop both young and older recovering arm or status pitching. They have a big piece of work to do this year with our starters. We will likely see a lot of constant movement at the 4 and 5 slots throughout the year.
  21. The logic is based on the fact he likely will never be a 3 type hitter. He is classic leadoff. This is a young player still in early development, I don't mean in terms of right now necessarily. That's where the earn it comes in over time. Sal reminds me of a left handed Molitor, although Molly developed some real enough power over time. Not sure has that ability and if he does a plus. If Yeli hits at least as well as he did last year you have multiple options with him and 3 is one of them. He should always hits for more power than a guy like Sal, should being the operative word. Yeli absolutely stunk the couple previous years to last. He like anyone else needs to earn his batting order slot.
  22. Sal needs to lead off. If Yeli can't handle batting 3 or 5 then move him back farther. These players need to EARN their position in the batting order and that goes for the overpaid ones too.
  23. I really like our bullpen, but I'm really scared of our present starting lineup. Now word the Miley may not be able to start the season. We need to add a starting arm, I was hoping to do that with a Adames trade. I know Snell and Montgomery aren't going to happen (why not Mr. Owner?) but how about bringing in the likes of Lorenzen or Odorizzi as a FA signing ? We need another clear cut starter even with a healthy Miley.
×
×
  • Create New...