Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. They might be making adjustments after this series LOL
  2. Apparently they already have a humidor... Now I know why teams with PCL affiliates have their pitching prospects skip AAA... Fortunately the A's new stadium will be indoors which will hopefully mitigate this craziness. Cranking the A/C is the easiest solution.
  3. They had to stick with Ginn longer than they would have liked and it didn't work out
  4. 1st in runs per game 4th in least runs allowed per game That's a recipe for winning at a .640 clip For comparison, Atlanta: 4th in runs/game, 3rd in least runs allowed/game LAD: 3rd in runs/game, 1st in least runs allowed/game The Yankees are also top-5 in both categories despite being in 2nd place. Everyone else belongs in a lower tier for now.
  5. I’m fine punting this game to save pitching. We’ll probably get no hit through 7 and win 2-1
  6. I stayed up past my bedtime to see the end and I’m in Pacific time.
  7. And in the same vein, imagine the response 1-2 years from now when someone says "We actually discussed whether or not to give Jake Bauers a QO"
  8. Unfortunately JP's defense fails the eye test -- he makes all the routine plays but his range is shot, DRS is worst in the league. He has mentioned he is open to moving to 3B but that would be a 2027 thing. Since this post the Mariners have moved into first place so he's not getting traded this year.
  9. The dream would be a Cubs desperation trade for Skubal that sends their top prospects to the AL and doesn't get the Cubs over the hump.
  10. Personally I think there are better uses of that QO money.
  11. These sections are designed to be a tier above club levels since they are all-inclusive. You're right that the Brewers could have sectioned off part of the 300 club for this but apparently they decided the ROI on the close seats was better. The 300 club is too high up and lacks energy, I never liked sitting there either. I've been in the Washington Nationals' version of the diamond seating (didn't pay for it) and I was underwhelmed. I appreciated the close seats but otherwise the food was little better than the quality of an airport lounge. I feel bad for the regular fans that will get booted for a section that is designed for businesses to comp seats to preferred guests, but it is what it is and the Brewers gotta make a buck where they can.
  12. And it's hard to blame them given what these seats cost and the amenities that are offered. IMO it would be better to use the loge seats directly below the press box as other teams have done, since you can charge essentially the same price but you don't give up the best seats to people who are not there to watch the game.
  13. Luke Raley is also thriving at a similar age and with a similar management philosophy putting him in favorable platoon opportunities. Bauers isn't as rough of a platoon option as Raley and could probably play every day if we didn't have Vaughn hitting .519 with a 1.384 OPS against lefties. I agree that he'll likely get multi-year offers. I would be interested at 2/15 but I think he'll get 2/25 if he keeps up his current production level. There just isn't a ton of added value for a 1B/OF lefty platoon hitter since you would probably project him at 2 WAR/year or so even if he stays hot and puts up 4 WAR this year.
  14. Add one to the win column then burn the box score
  15. At least with the way things are trending right now we may have to battle the full 162 for a first round bye. I’m not terribly worried about it. Pitching over 162+postseason is often a war of attrition and we’re better positioned than our competition with our depth. That bye is just so critical so our TOR arms can go games 1-2 in the NLDS. It’s a huge advantage over the wild card team.
  16. In some cases it's gonna be in your 401K after just 5 days. So it better get rekt fast.
  17. I agree with this strategy, I was chatting with my neighbor who is a financial advisor and he recommended rebalancing to non-tech large caps that have been hit by AI because of fears of disruption. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if the peak is sometime this summer. The SpaceX IPO combined with oil prices about to spike again.
  18. A starting pitcher should definitely be our top target. It would be really, really great to have 3 reliable starters for the postseason and then have the flexibility to deploy our back of rotation starters in favorable matchups. Skubal is the big prize but I wonder if someone like Joe Ryan (assuming he is healthy) would be a better fit for a better price. Or Sandy Alcantara. I vote that we do it. We're opportunistic, we have a clear need for a starter, and there are more TOR starters than usual available for a trade.
  19. That would be objectively hilarious. Joe Ryan is mine. It would be Skubal but I think he might go ahead of the deadline and we are more concerned about October than getting more regular season starts. I think we have enough trade capital to get a TOR starter without sacrificing future success. Additionally, it serves as a de facto bullpen upgrade for the postseason. There are a couple outfielders with a few years of control that also intrigue me, especially someone like Kerry Carpenter who was a postseason god last year.
  20. I'd feel worse for the Cardinals if they didn't pull the same stunt for the better part of two decades. I'll save my sympathy for when we put the Pirates in their place.
  21. They should only hate themselves for their inability to field the ball three times.
  22. Turns out the Ashby win juju is stronger than the Uribe crotch chop.
  23. I get the idea of hitting Frelick to go for the tie. Unfortunately Sal has caught the negative launch angle bug from Rengifo.
  24. That finds the glove if Torres takes the correct route. I guess our luck isn't as bad as I thought.
×
×
  • Create New...