Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Let’s not pretend like we unloaded anyone of high value in that trade either.
  2. What does the sunrise/sunset represent?
  3. Both of these contracts reset the market in their own way. Pratt's contract is an unprecedented amount of money to a guy that is nowhere near his big league debut. Emerson's contract is an unprecedented amount of money to a guy with zero service time -- but he just played a full spring training with the big league club and will debut sometime in 2026. The question is -- will this catch on with other clubs or are Milwaukee and Seattle the only clubs willing to offer these type of contracts on the regular?
  4. Yeah the Emerson contract represents the floor for Made, unfortunately.
  5. The Cardinals no longer have the ability to have a higher payroll than we do. Every team on that list of 14 is now generally in the same ballpark as us in terms of total revenue, whereas in the past many had a $50+ million revenue advantage over us. Also worth noting that Mark A pocketed somewhere around $8 million from the postseason pool. (40% of the $15 million postseason share + extra from NLDS games 4-5).
  6. Honestly not terrible and it was all covered by new national TV deals. The Cardinals likely lost 3x as much per year.
  7. Mariners SS prospect Colt Emerson just signed a near-identical length contract for $95 million with incentives for up to $130 million. Colt is one year older, so in the hypothetical scenario that Pratt continues on an upward trajectory, it would have cost double to wait another year. Personally I love recent surge of boldness by Arnold. I can count on one hand the number of franchises that can get away with the moves that we're making on the regular. Just in 2026 we have traded our ace, a fan favorite 3B, and now thrown a ton of money at a 21 year old who has played 3 games above AA. Wild.
  8. It's only been 15 1/2 since I left Wisconsin so we have that going for us!
  9. Arguably better than the primary jersey: - Angels -- surfing - Rockies green mountains Fits 'city connect' idea perfectly: - Nats -- cherry blossom - Padres -- pink/green/yellow one - White Sox -- Southside (also the new Chicago Bulls one is great) - Boston -- yellow marathon - Astros -- space city - Texas -- lone star - Brewers -- Brew Crew - Royals -- fountain - Seattle -- yellow/blue with Pilots font The rest either look too much like an existing jersey / retro jersey or are forgettable. Usually they play it too safe IMO. The best ones are bold and unique.
  10. Oh yeah these things are massive for generating merch revenue especially with causal or even non baseball fans. I'm sure "Wisco" is aimed directly at that segment of the market. At least when I was at UW-Madison 20 years ago we called those people "coasties".
  11. It has the foundation of a good idea... I like the script but wish it said "Wisconsin" instead of "Wisco". Nobody who is actually from Wisconsin says Wisco as far as I know...if I wore that jersey in Seattle nobody would think it has anything to do with Wisconsin. They had a chance to take the colors in a completely new direction but settled for generic yellow and blue. Personally I would have fully leaned into "Wisconsin" theme and done badger red. Make it look like a hypothetical UW-Madison baseball team jersey. Who knows what the hat logo will be.
  12. Bad, very bad, or hideous?
  13. Other than the Chourio hand injury it has been a pretty good day. Not like we need Chourio to beat the White Sox anyway.
  14. The White Sox aren't going to have any pitchers left by then.
  15. I forgot to predict the postseason but I'll take the Brewers over the Mariners in 7. Why not?
  16. I'm old enough to remember when the Brewers didn't pour it on.
  17. There goes Joey's perfect season, but he squared it up again.
  18. Would be nice to lead wire to wire this year. Somehow I don't think that will happen...but it would be nice.
  19. After seeing it in spring training, the video makes it fun for the crowd. In person you don't have the TV feed so you don't know if it was a ball/strike or how much it missed by. Listen to the crowd reaction when the Mets won a challenge:
  20. The Brewers being good at baseball will never get old. I'm loving this.
  21. The White Sox might have peaked on the first batter this year.
  22. Thought for sure he was out when it took the perfect bounce to the 2B. Hamilton is such a good fit for this team.
×
×
  • Create New...