Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Austerity would just cause more unemployment.
  2. And that's why every team with a PCL affiliate has their pitching prospects skip AAA.
  3. Inexcusable. We can’t afford to be dropping critical games like this.
  4. It was all Yadi Molina, the whole time. Now that he’s retired they are just another team.
  5. At the end of the day, the biggest issue with the Mariners is that they are trying to compete with a payroll that is about the same as the Brewers. They have done a good job at building a strong minor league system particularly on the pitching side. But they throw around money more freely than the Brewers and the result is that they have been stuck with some bad contracts and they don't have the payroll to spend out of it. If you follow Mariners fan threads, the common theme that you will see is cheap ownership, as they have consistently ranked as the most profitable franchise over the last several years and have made the decision to not increase payroll during the current competitive window. It sucks.
  6. I need my daily rhyme... The Brewers will make a parody out of Flaherty. Myers will put out the Dodgers hitters' fires. The second seed is all we need.
  7. Phillies have dropped 4 in a row, let's salvage a win and stay in contention for the 2-seed!
  8. EV batteries outlive the vehicles. The current generation will still retain 70%-80% of capacity after 15 years and will continue functioning well beyond that. When the cars are junked the batteries are going to get pulled out of the vehicles and moved to grid storage, where they are still incredibly useful even at half their original capacity. Batteries banks are going to allow us to eventually get to a near 100% wind+solar grid since they solve the main problem with those sources (the lack of sun+wind at night).
  9. There will surely be incremental gains prior to then. Most of the new models are nearr or above 300 miles and a few are cracking 400 miles. I have a 2023 Volvo XC-40 which has 223 mile range (although in summer it gets at least 250). The 2024 model is listed at 250-290. That's why I leased it! And the Chinese cars are far ahead of that already.
  10. I guess Adames won't be pitching today then.
  11. I would be shocked if we finish ahead of the Dodgers, they've had a bit of a skeleton lineup lately and will likely turn on the jets in September. Even with Philly I think we won't get help from them in September, we'll have to rattle off an extended hot streak to finish ahead of them.
  12. Being 5 years younger helps as well.
  13. I hate the wild card series. The pressure is going to be all on us if we’re playing anyone besides the Braves. The Mets/Padres in particular are playing with house money this year.
  14. This is quite the statement series after some mediocre play against inferior opponents!
  15. Suites are outdated. They only work for large groups and they only sell well on weekends. The Brewers don't have a good premium experience for small groups (like 2-4 people). Hence the premium area directly behind home plate. $300-400 would probably still make them the lowest prices in baseball (remember, these seats usually include a bunch of other benefits like unlimited food and drink as mentioned in the comment above). The fact that you can get the best seat at AmFam for $125 is simply incredible in this day and age. You don't need a lot of those premium seats, only a couple hundred. There is definitely a market for it. The ones in Seattle are nearly impossible to get ahold of, when I see them on the secondary market they are usually in the $750 range on weeknights. They had to build a second premium area to satisfy the demand (which was basically a bunch of suites converted back into seating). Brewers fans are lucky that they don't nickel and dime the average fan as bad as other stadiums. They can make big money on these premium areas and it won't have much of an effect on anyone else who goes to games.
  16. At this point the Brewers have to be one of the only teams left who do not have a premium seating area directly behind home plate. If I were them, that would be my #1 priority with any renovations. But it may come at the cost of booting out some long tenured season ticket holders (who are probably paying the lowest prices in MLB for those seats). The VIP parking/valet would surely be packaged with the above. A dedicated family area is intriguing but an upcharge might be a tough sell, unless there is something truly unique about it. I didn't follow the legislation too closely, but they are spending a huge chunk of the funds on maintenance, right? And installing air conditioning?
  17. I don't see it being too big of a deal. Not enough to bother with moving long-term investments. There will probably be a bump upward when they cut rates. I did buy some CDs today, gotta lock in at least some gains while interest rates are still high.
  18. Many things can happen over the course of a career, but the upside is that we could be watching the beginnings of the next player to wear a Brewers cap in the HOF.
  19. It could be worse. Rhys would literally be the best hitter on the Seattle Mariners. I'm not even joking, he has a higher OPS than any qualified hitter on the Mariners roster.
  20. His statcast page is brutal: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/james-paxton-572020?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb
  21. The main reason I said that is because it's an extremely difficult time to be a kid and a parent. For many reasons. The word I would use is probably "obligation" instead of "purpose". And I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean that it ultimately doesn't matter if I get any sort of personal fulfillment out of child rearing or not, but I damn well better do my job and take care of that kid to the best of my ability. I know a number of childfree individuals and couples...some by choice, some not. They are doing some pretty sweet stuff. One couple retired at age 40 (FIRE for the win!) and is selling their place and hiking the PCT next summer. Another does a ton of volunteer work for nonprofits that I would never have time to do. A third is a closer companion and caretaker to my daughter than anyone else besides her myself and my wife. Anyway, in an attempt to keep this on topic, my main point is that nobody should have kids because of some societal obligation to train our replacements and caretakers for when we are old. If the government thinks we need more young people then there are millions of them who would be more than happy to immigrate.
  22. At least there is scoring in this one.
  23. I watch almost every year. This one wasn't particularly memorable other than the national anthem, a perfect fit for that sterile and generic ballpark in Arlington. Everybody disagrees on what the proper format should be. I thought the bonus round change was a really good one, there are pros and cons to both timed and untimed formats so I like having both. If I have to critique, I would say find a way to (1) make it more fun and (2) give us more monster dongs. Some of these guys were trying too hard or only swinging at 75-80% to save energy. I would give huge bonuses for 450+ ft home runs, that's what we really want see and Ozuna was the only one who was trying to hit the monster bombs. Also, MLB, please, please, please cancel the ASG in 2028 and have the big leaguers in the Olympics instead.
  24. No. There is also an upper threshold. Judge and Ohtani hit too many home runs, they have to act like they have been there before. No celebrations allowed for them either.
  25. I'm curious what the OPS+ threshold should be for home run celebrations? Is it 100? 105? Also, is there a different threshold if it's the second HR in the game?
×
×
  • Create New...