Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. I think the Mariners are feeling pretty good tonight about their trade deadline acquisitions.
  2. Except that during Monday's game, when the score was 0-0 for 5 innings. and 1-0 for the next 3 innings the life was not sucked out of the crowd. There was plenty of life in the crowd when the Brewers had the tying and winning runs in scoring position in the 9th inning. At that time the second and third games of the series were not a factor.
  3. Quite a bit to unpack here on your latest rants on this subject: First, did you even read my posts before you responded? You keep talking about posting on the board during a game I was "allegedly" at. I have said multiple times that I was at MONDAY's game and was commenting on the crowd at that game during TUESDAY's game. Are you saying that I am lying and really didn't go to the game on Monday.? Second, where have I tried to say that any fan who wasn't at a game is "beneath me" as a fan. I do think it should be obvious that if you are looking for opinions on the atmosphere at the stadium you should rely more on somebody who is actually there rather than someone who is basing their opinion on the behavior of the small group of fans sitting in the box seats right behind home plate. A lot of people in the highest price seats are not likely to be the most lively fans. Finally, I have never said that a crowd isn't going to be more energized when the home team is providing a lot of positive plays. Saying there was little home field advantage after the first inning of either game, especially Monday's game, is simply, factually wrong. As I have said, it would have been even more raucous if the Brewers had put together some offense. But, it was hardly a "library" atmosphere after the bizarre DP that ended the top of the fourth and the DP that ended the top of the fifth.
  4. Some serious revisionist history here that would be simply revealed by a review of that exchange on Tuesday's game thread. You said that the crowd was "like a library" in both games and that fans weren't standing enough. I didn't take offense with that statement or, to use your words, "have my little feelings hurt", but I did offer my perspective from actually being at Monday's game, not sitting on my couch at home. And I made those comments during Tuesday's game, which I was not at. I didn't post anything on Monday's game thread until I got home Just accept the fact that you made some statements and others with first hand observations refuted them.
  5. I think it's you who sees the sad face of a Cubs fan when you look in the mirror.
  6. Brewers are going to need an offensive explosion (3 runs) tomorrow to equal the pitiful 6 runs in 4 games managed in the NLDS against the Braves in 2021.
  7. Maybe make the game in Seattle the early game because the more enclosed configuration of that park wouldn’t have glare and shadows like this.
  8. Scheduling a game at this time in this park is ridiculous. But, MLB is only interested in time slots for TV not providing the best environment for competition.
  9. My biggest question mark about this team has been whether the Woodpecker offense would be able to produce runs against the best pitchers on the playoff teams. I think we’re getting the answer. After the 16 runs in the first two games against the Cubs they’ve managed just 8 in the last 5 games. It’s like 2021 all over again.
  10. What a pathetic response. I never said that how the game is going doesn’t affect the crowd. And my “little feelings” are not hurt by your comments. But I am not sorry to tell you that the stadium last night was not “like a library”.
  11. So, you have not been at any of the playoff games.
  12. Unless you are at the game now or were there last night, you have no basis for making that statement. At my age I’m not the type to be standing up and yelling, but I had to get up frequently last night to see. Like almost every time a Dodgers hitter had two strikes I could only guess what the crowd would have been like if the Brewers had put together some scoring opportunities in the first 8 innings. It was insane in the 9th. Apparently that doesn’t come across on TV. The crowds for the Brewers games at Wrigley had a reason to be consistently energetic. They were ahead for the whole games after the first inning homers
  13. You’re right. Beating your Cubs is nothing to get excited about. 🙄
  14. I would like to see both Bauers and Vaughn in the lineup if they’re looking for more offense
  15. Since you asked I do remember something that went totally wrong with Monasterio at SS. In the Saturday night game against the Giants with the Brewers leading 1-0 in the top of the 6th, he fielded a routine grounder and made a wild throw to first to put the leadoff man on. After a walk, and a hit, and an error by Stiegler the Giants had 3 runs. From there the Brewers went to the bullpen scrubs. I don’t really care if Monasterio starts, but I don’t see that providing a sudden boost to the offense. In his 26 PA since September 1 he’s posted an OPS of .397. And his career record doesn’t cry out “instant offense”.
  16. The thing I can't get out of my head as I look at these teams is that the one that has 4 All Star caliber SP and 3 future Hall of Famers and 3 other All Star caliber hitters in their everyday lineup is going to be tough to beat.,
  17. He would have had to get his head down pretty low to get beaned by that pitch. He could have let it hit him in the foot, but I can't blame a hitter whose self preservation instinct takes over.
  18. I was at the game and am scrolling through the game thread. At the game with my old eyes I didn’t realize the ball had hit the wall so we didn’t know what had happened until we saw the replay on the scoreboard. After seeing what happened I still couldn’t believe Hernandez didn’t tag up and score easily. When I got home and watched the play on the telecast, I could see that he tagged up, but went back when the ball popped out of Frelick’s glove and he caught it on the rebound. That was Hernandez’s big mistake. It is a seemingly little known rule that a runner can tag up and advance once a fielder touches the ball, not when he “catches” it. So if he had just kept coming home, he would have scored. He did not have to go back and retag.
  19. It’s also,only recently that the 4 games went to the team with a better record. For over a century they simply alternated leagues except for the brief period of using the winner of the All Star Game.
  20. There is no merciful Supreme Being if Brewers fans are subjected to two straight years of soul crushing late inning playoff exits.
  21. I have made it clear that I have never favored playing Monasterio over Ortiz, mainly because I don’t think Monasterio is as good a hitter as his OPS in limited ABs might suggest. But in that case I was begging to give Bauers a shot at a potential game breaking hit when Counsell couldn’t have countered with a lefty. We’ll never know what Bauers would have done but I wanted him to have a chance. There probably won’t be a better opportunity in this game.
  22. As little confidence as I have in Misioroski, I am tending to agree that he might hold the key to keeping the Brewers in the game tomorrow. I would consider using Santana as an opener with a short leash with the hope that he can avoid the first inning HR and also take some of the pressure off Misioroski by being on the mound at the beginning of the game when the noise and energy from the crowd will be at its peak. It's something of a Hail Mary move, but that might be what it takes to keep the Brewers in the game until the 6th inning. The other hope is that having at least half of the crowd noise in their favor will spur the hitters into putting up more of a fight than they have the last two days.
  23. Adding to my earlier comparison to 2011, that year I was cautiously optimistic about the Brewers winning Game 5 because of the home field and crowd and the fact that Gallardo had shut down the DBacks in Game 1. But I was anxious that a loss would wipe out what had been the Brewers best season since 1982. Today I am essentially resigned to the fact that the Brewers will lose tomorrow, very possibly in a blow out reminiscent of the final game of the 2011 NLCS when Roenicke insisted on starting Marcum, even though he hadn't been effective for several weeks. I am also more jaded about the Brewers ability to advance in the playoffs. The scars from 2021 run pretty deep., The Brewers appeared to have a dominant pitching staff that could lead them through the playoffs, but the bats went completely silent after scratching out a first game win over the Braves. I know that unexpected things happen in baseball all the time. But this one seems very unlikely. My gloomy mood is also affected by the realization that the Brewers patchwork pitching staff and woodpecker offense, which is struggling to make it through 5 games in 8 days against the Cubs, will be no match for the now healthy Dodgers.
×
×
  • Create New...