Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Big homecoming game for Dame tonight in PDX. I really hope he and the Bucks show out and make it a memorable 'W'. He'll be amongst friends and family. He'll have an extra day before their next WestCoast road game. I just want it to be special for the organization and, expressly, Dame in what has been a trying season for him dealing with the ongoing Divorce and custody things.
  2. Personally, I hope this is the year they recognize Nickel CB is a starting position with its own draft criteria and physical requirements. Target an expressly Slot CB please. With all due respect to Mr. Nixon - a game changing returner - the Packers would greatly benefit targeting a Slot cover guy early in the draft and pushing Nixon to a Dime or back-up role.
  3. I think you're overstating Ross's position here. He (and the entire Packer Report draft team, honestly) obviously does the deep dives into 'Packers types'. BUT, he also acknowledges that tho there are obvious tendencies the Packers do (especially under Gutekunst) show an ability to deviate in random situations. Having followed his football thoughts for awhile now, I think he knows football; he knows Packers types; and he knows they aren't gospel. It's kind of like trading Markets, honestly. Certain patterns over time give you high probabilities the price action is going somewhere. But, it certainly doesn't mean that's where it's going. It's just the probabilities and the statistical trends that inform where you think the price action is going to go - if that makes sense.
  4. The NFL draft season is underway with the East/West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl practices ongoing. I figured we should start a designated NFL draft thread. This thread will be Packers focused but, feel free to present league wide discussion. Post your draft thoughts here. To that end, the Pack-a-Day Podcast in collaboration with Ross Uglem and the Packer Report just began their 'Daily Draft' podcast. It will feature a draft specific discourse once a day M-F. Here was (Mock Draft) Monday's pod: And, here is Day 2's deep dive on Kool-Aid McKinstry:
  5. Here's Wilde on the early Christian Parker unvetted rumors: Seems like it was possibly unsubstantiated but shouldn't be dismissed. Anywho, here's one of the purported internet rumor starters further substantiating (or back-tracking sneakily😂) their offerings: AND, on the GB side of things, we have this:
  6. They've requested an interview with Orr too. This is very very encouraging on both fronts. Needless to say, it would certainly appear those whispers of Christian Parker being offered certainly seem as though they were misheard .
  7. You can't. That was an absurdly dangerous and stupid playcall. You must have those TO's given the absurdly low probability of recovering an onside kick
  8. There is only Pain.
  9. I can't earnestly speak to this. It would appear, from afar, however, the Brewers run a good organization and treat their employees quite well. But, I don't have any direct experience with this whatsoever. Again, I'm going to trust we have one of the better run outfits in MLB.
  10. Yikes. Another sobering look at Manfred's MLB environment. I have to say, personally, having been aware of aspects of what this article speaks to for some time this is why I never once begrudged a Milwaukee Brewer Front Office staff member from seeking employment or opportunity elsewhere. I can only hope the Brewers organization, as a whole, is operating with good practices and noble intentions - yes, even in the world of big business this is possible.
  11. All in all, despite the semi-final loss, that was a fabulously productive AFL season for the Brewers and possibly a springboard for their three men abroad. Congrats to all involved! Now, fly home safely and get ready for the upcoming season.
  12. There are a few whispers from Green Bay tonight that Christian Parker has been offered the position. Nothing confirmed as of yet and there was no word on whether he said 'Yes'. But there are substantiated 'rumors' at this point. FWIW. This could, of course, be premature unvetted speculation but, if this is the case, I'm pretty excited about it.
  13. Two Packer Report items have me fairly pumped: And, more importantly over the duration of the next couple months, this collab with Andy Herman and the Pack-a-Day pod looks to be sublime: Ross knows ball and the Packer Report draft guide has a really good grasp on Packers tendencies.
  14. They get a Legend. The Sounds stadium flags are flying at half mast today. Who will enter the broadcaster's booth in the final home-stand now?!? Sigh.
  15. Three more names thrown into the fire: Bills LB coach Bobby Babich Dallas D-Line coach Aden Durde I have to imagine we'll be seeing quite a few more names in the coming days as well. LaFleur obviously knows this is a crucial hire. I remind myself: I didn't know anything about LaFleur before he was hired either. The third name? Rising Broncos DB coach Christian Parker. *Also shown below. This post will no longer be obsessively edited*
  16. Two super experienced and quality Assistant Coach gets by Rivers today. Joerger lost his luster as a head coach, for the time being, but historically he is seen as a really good tactical and X's and O's guy - a top notch assistant. Hard to understate how good of a get this could be (emphasis on could) be for Rivers who is notoriously not an X's and O's guy but more a big personality. You then couple that with the experience and familiarity of Kalamian and the Bucks are ready to hit the ground running: No more excuses from here.
  17. It's what we do as a Packers culture: overreact and generally expect the worst.
  18. Just 3-4 years ago Staley coached the NFL's best defense by a good margin. They had Donald and Ramsey, yes, but they also had a roster outside these two stars filled with players who outperformed their careers beyond that magical season. This being said, Staley never had a defense better than 20th (Eeeeek, Barry vibes!😅) while a head coach in LA. Can he recapture that 2020 magic? I have absolutely no clue. At this point, it's just an interview and why would you not interview a guy with his CV? If it became serious, admittedly I'd be super skeptical he still has it as a coordinator. Failed HC's certainly are known to reclaim their glory as coordinators. And, I think LaFleuer and Staley could form a dynamic duo. BUT, I'd be nervous as all get out we made the wrong choice.😅
  19. I personally feel as tho if we happened to go with Leonhard and he wanted back in the candidacy for the Packers D-Coordinator, we'd get the hungriest version of him. He had unfinished business at Wisconsin. He tended to it. He was bypassed for the head coaching gig. With a year off to heal and to study and or reflect, I'd have to think we'd get the hungriest version. I would be excited about the hire. Why would we not be?! We just had Joe friggin' Barry leading the defense!
  20. Logged into Twitter to peruse any possible Packers D-Coordinator news. Somehow wound up in a Taylor Swift AI post. Didn't see that coming from all the hoopla!😅
  21. Well, one thing we now know: With Haslem buying into ownership, the Bucks absolutely have that coveted 'F' You money all sports teams wish they had. Sheesh. That's some cheddah!
  22. SIX pages on Hoskins and, yet, not even a single page on Arroyo?!? It truly is our off-season.🤭
  23. What a well-deserved opportunity for Nick Stanley! (Full Carolina Press Release HERE)
  24. @TURBO: Get ready for your new manager. In a system filled with great coaches, I personally feel the crowned jewel will be in the Fox County dugout😉.
  25. Nice to see David Tufo awarded that 2024 permanent bench coach position with Nashville! HUGE promotions across the board. Wisconsin is going to LOVE Victor Estevez. What a day! What a time to a Brewers fan! LET'S GO!
×
×
  • Create New...